FAO developers !!

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

FAO developers !!

Postby Denzo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Server Update 06/04/2012
by admin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Update June 4, 2012 - patchless update

* Faction War Bonus cap increased to 20% for Zone 1 and 40% for Zone 2.
* To allow more players to reach 100K damage, Fallen HP now increased to 8B for Facebook server and 4B for Myspace server, effective on the next Fallen.
* Battle Fatigue for PVE now starts after round 15.

The next expansion is currently planned for around end of July. The contents of the expansion has not been finalized yet and will be announced later.

Regarding above update,

1- Fallen HP increased to 8 billion for facebook to allow more players to reach 100k damage (100k damage = 100,000) did you mean either 100 million or 10% damage ??
2- Has the overall damage cap on Fallen been increased from 400 million or is it the same even though Fallen HP now raised ??

Could we have some clarification on this please as it is a little bit confusing.Thank you ahead of time !! 8-)
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Re: FAO developers !!

Postby admin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:17 pm

1. Yes, mean to be 100m for the fallen badge.
2. No, still capped at 400m contrib.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Pasquale » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Well... fallen just got even more unappealing than it was, will take longer to kill and too much effort to place for most of us to even bother hitting other than the 100 mil for 10%

I was proud of myself for holding 1st place with over a billion damage on Fallen the other day.. it took a ton of energy to get there for me and then it only took about an hour if that for someone a lot stronger to pass me..... now with Fallen having so much more hp meh

The faction war bonus is good and the fatigue now starting at round 15 is alright... but i see no point for the fallen update.... it took long enough to kill already that most people who wanted 100 mil could have gotten it
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Denzo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 pm

admin wrote:1. Yes, mean to be 100m for the fallen badge.
2. No, still capped at 400m contrib.

Thank you for clarifying this devs but i have to agree with Pasquale on this.
Fallen was already unappealing as it was but to now increase the HP to 8 billion but still leave the individual cap at 400 million is pointless,look what happened the last time you raised the HP...there were Fallens up for longer than 8-10 hours at a time sometimes longer because people don't see the point of doing more than 100mill for the 10% bonus.
I understand your not going to please everyone with the changes but the individual cap has to be raised from 400 mill to at least 600 million in order to coincide with the raising of the Fallen HP otherwise they will just stay up for hours on end like last time and people will get even more bored knowing they have to wait potentially 10 hours or more including the 3 hour wait for next hell gate to open.
Along with the amount of energy required to raise Queen Haderon in order to gain entry into hell gate then use potentially 100+ more energy to get to Fallen boss people will just stop hitting it.

You want people to enjoy playing Dream World and have fun and achieve their badges etc then please start listening to their ideas,Mark Torres has come up with some really good ideas over the last few months,in fact before the Faction Wars expansion and months before that also.He is just one person among many who have ideas that are over looked and if you read the feedback on the ideas you will see people are 100% behind and many others' ideas.

I'm not telling you how to do your jobs or how to design the game,this is just what many people think and many would love new ideas brought into the game.Ideas which make it worthwhile to hit invasion other than to just win a town for a guild bonus or an enchant potion or some alien gear as you go on your merry way to hit the mothership.Make invasion and Fallen more INTERESTING...not boring. :roll:

Thanks for your time DW devs,this was not a rant...just an opinion from others and myself.I just happened to type it out lol. 8-)
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby Richard Doty » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Thought I would throw my 2 cents in. While I no longer attempt to win the fallen, I do hit almost every one for the bonus, and the 8mill will mean I dont have to do it as often so great. I thought it was a good idea to cap the player level for the fallen, and regret that this fell through. I still think a player cap of 90 would be a good idea, and create a new fallen type area for drow and dreamworld items, or even better the opportunity to gain another + on a piece of existing gear. (Having hit the drow more than 400 times and still using +7 gear, I would love that.) I suspect that I would still be unable to win, but at least I would be striving for something worthwhile.
( I chose 90 as the highest level that could reasonably be happy finding fallen gear, I can not say that I have any idea where that cutoff point really should be.)
Stormbringer D3H
Richard Doty

Postby Gods Creator » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 am

Richard, dont forget that some higher level players get fallen gear for their guilds

And no please no level restriction again..

And combat fatigue after 15th round sounds awesome, means doing a lot more dmg when done right ;) On that topic, as it used to be up to now I was save for 9 attacks and then was sometimes one shot on the 10th attack, does this change now mean I am save for 14 attacks and one shot chance starts on the 15th?
Gods Creator

Postby Gods Creator » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

Update to my battle fatigue question:

I did some testing,
When engaging a boss I got one shot as early as the 14th hit, meaning only the first 13 hits would be save.
After a Guardian Doll was used up I got one shot as early as the 10th hit, meaning nothing was changed here, only 9 hits are save. Please clarify if this is intentional or if I misunderstood this patch note?
Gods Creator

Return to Facebook Server