July Expansion

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: July Expansion

Postby Denzo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

Solomon Grundy wrote:
Denzo wrote: Black market auctions...The players with the most coins will most likely win those auctions.

How else do you think an auction should work? It's about time coins mattered for more than misting and sitting around in a giant pile.

So what about those players who have very little coins ??
What about those players who have no big hitters to help with gear ??
Was there even a thought for the little players of Dream World or is it just a case of "I have x amount in my bank and it's burning a hole in my pocket" scenario ??

It's clear the auctions are geared towards the richest players in Dream world and leaves others with little or no choice but to continue in the hope that one day they might actually find the gear they need.
Only way to make it fair is to allow players to bid on a maximum of 3 items per day after that you are locked out of auctions for 24hrs regardless if you win or lose the bidding war.
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby Solomon Grundy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Denzo wrote:So what about those players who have very little coins ??
Was there even a thought for the little players of Dream World or is it just a case of "I have x amount in my bank and it's burning a hole in my pocket" scenario ??

It's clear the auctions are geared towards the richest players in Dream world and leaves others with little or no choice but to continue in the hope that one day they might actually find the gear they need.
Only way to make it fair is to allow players to bid on a maximum of 3 items per day after that you are locked out of auctions for 24hrs regardless if you win or lose the bidding war.

I was once a little tiny player in the game, and I remember that, more than anything, I wanted a Guardian's alien greatsword. I spent a solid 2 months chasing that drop, watching every mystery box with bated breath, praying that I would finally get my drop. But it never happened. I ended up never finding one until long after that, and got the one I ended up using from another guild.

I don't see anyone at the drow level or above spending their coins on items for someone else, when they themselves need something. I'm also fairly sure we'll see auctions of all gear levels, and I don't think anyone in the upper guilds is going to piss all over themselves in the race to pick up alien items, or greater alien items, or even xyphite and fallen items. If someone does that, then what do you do? Make em pay out the nose for every piece until they have nothing left.

At the end of the day, I'm still hunting for my own upgrades, and will be using my coins solely for my own upgrades, as I wager 95% of Dream World players will. I don't think this is nearly as big a problem as you're foreseeing.
Solomon Grundy

Postby Mutt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Solomon Grundy wrote:
Denzo wrote:So what about those players who have very little coins ??

I was once a little tiny player in the game, and I remember that, more than anything, I wanted a Guardian's alien greatsword. I spent a solid 2 months chasing that drop, watching every mystery box with bated breath, praying that I would finally get my drop. But it never happened. I ended up never finding one until long after that, and got the one I ended up using from another guild.

I don't see anyone at the drow level or above spending their coins on items for someone else, when they themselves need something. I'm also fairly sure we'll see auctions of all gear levels, and I don't think anyone in the upper guilds is going to piss all over themselves in the race to pick up alien items, or greater alien items, or even xyphite and fallen items. If someone does that, then what do you do? Make em pay out the nose for every piece until they have nothing left.

At the end of the day, I'm still hunting for my own upgrades, and will be using my coins solely for my own upgrades, as I wager 95% of Dream World players will. I don't think this is nearly as big a problem as you're foreseeing.

*like*
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Samra » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm never going to be motivated to even reach level 90, but at least the top 100 people will have something new to do.
Samra

Postby toulin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 am

Motivation Kitty? What is that? And why are people speculating and whining even before they know what is going on, again in typical Dream World fashion? SMH. And it is no wonder why it is hard for some to get motivated. Remember people it is a game and last time i looked over "MY SHOULDER", there wasnt a gun forcing me to play. Well actually there was this one time i did look over my shoulder and had to run because they were closing in on finding me with Muttly's legs, but thats another story all together. Happy Dreaming all and relax a little till the expansion actually comes out.
toulin

Postby Mutt » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:40 pm

toulin wrote:Motivation Kitty? What is that? And why are people speculating and whining even before they know what is going on, again in typical Dream World fashion? SMH. And it is no wonder why it is hard for some to get motivated. Remember people it is a game and last time i looked over "MY SHOULDER", there wasnt a gun forcing me to play. Well actually there was this one time i did look over my shoulder and had to run because they were closing in on finding me with Muttly's legs, but thats another story all together. Happy Dreaming all and relax a little till the expansion actually comes out.

*like*

You too get outta my head! lol
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby WarBound » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:47 pm

I liked the black market auction in TW
WarBound

Postby Durnik » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:13 am

I hope the features part includes hot keys for the puzzle decoder and magic pick. I think that is sorely needed.
Durnik

Postby Kalon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:47 am

Durnik wrote:I hope the features part includes hot keys for the puzzle decoder and magic pick. I think that is sorely needed.

THIS. PLEASE THIS!

And kill the pop-up for the treasure map. I don't mind it on gaining a new ally, badge, or level. But, EVERY single treasure map? ARGH!
Kalon

Postby DrPhil » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 am

My only question is on the new premium allies. Will we be able to fuse in our old allies or trade them in to reduce the gem cost of the new allies? Or will they just be brand news allies that we have to pay for and develop with even more ally skill books?
Don't get me wrong, i don't just enjoy saying allies.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server