Anyone know how to compare weapon enhances with stat points?

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Anyone know how to compare weapon enhances with stat points?

Postby davidmh39 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm

So here's the problem - I currently use a Fallen Greatsword of Power +2 (a much valued gift from Toeknee!). With with enhances I have on it total damage is 3902 (488 enhances). I have just won (much to my surprise) a Fallen Greatsword of Power +6. Now the fusion window lets me see that if I fuse I will end up with a weapon with total damage of 3718 (or maybe a little more once I have pre-enhanced the target). But now how do I compare the loss of just under 200 damage with the gain of 20 strength points?

All advice, even maths related, would be welcome!

Maybe the misssing info is that I am currently level 87 so a good way off any better equip so an upgrade now would see me through 2 or 3 levels (or the REST OF MY LIFE at currently levelling speed!)

Many thanks, David (PBJ)
davidmh39

Re: Anyone know how to compare weapon enhances with stat poi

Postby nusouth » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 pm

honestly i would ask around for a guardian 1 im sure someone has 1
nusouth

Postby dilsama » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Depending on how many gems or learning points you have... you could raise up your strength once and see how much your damage rating changes... Then multiply the difference by 20....
dilsama

Postby Vitreous » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 pm

A quick and dirty estimate shows that with your current stats/weapon, you should be right around 90K on your attack score (90225ish). If you switch to the new weapon without pre-enhancing it, you'll drop to around 89K (88935ish). If you put at least the basic 7 pots on it, you'll drop to around 89775ish, but that can quickly return to your previous attack rating with a couple more pots, assuming my math is close. You're going to lose a bit of your attack no matter what, but it should remain close enough to not make a huge difference in the long run, especially if you can afford to buy pots from the elf.

Although I agree that you should try to get a Guardian version, if this is your current best option for a weapon, I say go for it. Attribute points do add more than pots, compared on a 1 to 1 basis, but with pots being much easier to find, even if a vast majority of them fail, you'll be able to catch up to your current score and exceed it relatively soon. Generally I find that 2 pots is about equal to gaining 1 attribute point for a sword.

Good luck and remember to buy those pots, after all, what else do you really need coins for? (besides the obvious ;) )
Vitreous

Postby davidmh39 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks for the information folks. As us smaller guilds are not exactly wading through extended set Greater Fallen items, Guardian version that adds similar stats is not on the horizon and it's this or stick as I am for a few more levels. Will weigh things up - and at least have been playing enough to predate fusion so can remember when the choice would have been much worse!!
davidmh39

Postby davidmh39 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Just a P.S. to the discussion - today I won a Fallen Greatsword of Power +8 in the auction so the decision got easier...
davidmh39

Return to Facebook Server