Concerned Gamers

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Concerned Gamers

Postby Mutt » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 am

Hey Playmage,

I know you dont like to speak to me directly due to past events but I just wanted to take a short amount of time to express some concerns from myself as well as fellow players. First off, I have noticed that we are not hearing from you guys on the forums...its not your prerogative to response to every little post a player makes. I would not myself but, there have been some patches since the last expansion and players have vocalized likes and dislikes as well as just asking for answers. We all know this is your game and at the end of the day, whether we pay or not, it will still be your game. Its not like we own you because we have put money into it...I mean once you buy food you eat it and its gone...you dont get free refills on cheeseburgers...that being said...things are really falling off...we hit 100k active users a few months back...after the expansion it was around 60k...now we are at 20k...yes...we know that facebook is kind of a joke nowadays and this may not be accurate...fact is...there has been a serious drop in activity including myself...global chat used to be spam fest of anything from smut to new players needing help. Anyhow, I know timeworld has been successful and the team spends most of thri time perfecting the platform...great game...not for me though just for the simple fact that its more strategy than rpg...where dreamworld is reverse. Here are my fears and assumptions for my fellow players...is dreamworld finished? Are there no more plans for serious expansions? Is the plan to let it ride out until its more cost effective to pull the plug on the server? When we dont hear from your guys we feel like its game over. I am not trying to drop a pity party on the team be these are legitimate from this community...that being said...I would like to offer some suggestions that can maybe help things. Things mad a bad turn after a few loopholes were created by mistake...first considerable one was mystery boxes being dropped from the guardian of dreams...once players figured out you could farm stats rather than buy them Im sure that hit the income hard...I myself managed to go from a 100+ stat ok player to some decent...before everyone freaks out Im not asking to change that...cant go back now because you would lose everyone veteran left...the app would be virtually dead...the addition of boxes was the most addictive and destructive feature of the game...those that remember when this was first implemented had a field day with it especially everyone that knew to stash coin and see more guardians...I will get back to all that...but moving on for now...I think the most painful blow to the community was when pills no longer dropped from boxes after 1300...it took people a while to figure out that ONLY pills stopped dropping and that stats were not technically capped...once they realized that the ceiling was higher than expected then those near 1300 pushed to break those barriers...then the "ninja" patch to change that was implemented...I say "ninja" patch because people flipped out and asked for answers...answers that have gone unheard or maybe just unanswered. Usually you guys are pretty straight forward to us and we appreciate it. Ok I can ramble on about similar things and other patches that are disagreeable but I will stop there and bring things back around...I personally feel its your intentions to let dreamworld run its final course and maybe its time...so I will ask this...maybe let us enjoy the last days...lift the cap on stats...lift the cap on whites...hell maybe even give us the infamous guardian "loophole" back...if its time for things to end then let it end with us loving you guys and missing the fuck out of a great game...if this is asking too much...then just drop by and say hi every once and a while...you dont have to answer every petty gripe on the forum but just let us know you are hear and listening...it would mean alot to all your loyal players and we will respect any means to an end that dreamworld may or may not have...thanks for listening...hope to hear from ya!

humbly
Mutt

PS: I did not proof read so be nice any grammar police out there or I will smite you!
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Re: Concerned Gamers

Postby DrPhil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Don't be concerned, matey!

I hope this brings you comfort. :shock:
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby e rock » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:35 pm

And in response, deafening silence.
chaos /ˈkāäs/

Noun:
1. Complete disorder and confusion.
2. Behavior so unpredictable as to appear random, owing to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.
e rock

Postby Flux » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 am

Smite me you say? How dare you threaten to smite me and my grammar policing ways. :P
Love you puppy dog!! <3
Xypher - Haven GO
Flux

Postby Soress » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 am

It would be nice to know if they are working on anything. Things have been silent for over 3 months now and they used to knock out an expansion every 3 months.
Soress

Postby etching » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Soress wrote:It would be nice to know if they are working on anything. Things have been silent for over 3 months now and they used to knock out an expansion every 3 months.

I seriously doubt it...The way things are going, we'll be lucky to get an update for Christmas...
etching

Postby Mutt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 am

2 hours ago
kingk
875 posts
Quote post
Flag Post
I have been avoiding threads like this, simply because I do not have a solid answer regarding the timing of next expansion yet. I am aware many of you are expecting and used seeing new expansions every 3 months, when Dream World is the only game we are working on. For many of you, Dream World is still your favorite game on Kongregate (and for some, has been for the past 3 years). Unfortunately, as a development studio with growing list of employees and expenses, it’s not a sustainable business model to only focus on a game that is no longer generating enough revenue to pay for all the development costs by itself.
All I can say at this time is that there are new content/features being planned, and we plan to continue to support Dream World and run the usual events. We were originally planning to release new contents with this year Christmas/Holiday event, but it no longer seem feasible due to project scheduling reasons, so it’s more likely to happen sometime early next year if nothing else changes.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/35-dre ... tes-coming
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby etching » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am

Mutt wrote: For many of you, Dream World is still your favorite game on Kongregate (and for some, has been for the past 3 years). Unfortunately, as a development studio with growing list of employees and expenses, it’s not a sustainable business model to only focus on a game that is no longer generating enough revenue to pay for all the development costs by itself.
All I can say at this time is that there are new content/features being planned, and we plan to continue to support Dream World and run the usual events. We were originally planning to release new contents with this year Christmas/Holiday event, but it no longer seem feasible due to project scheduling reasons, so it’s more likely to happen sometime early next year if nothing else changes.

Hmmm..Makes me wonder if doing a Zynga and just killing off the game isn't such a bad idea
rather than keep on playing for nothing...
etching

Postby Fieryshoe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Posting something on kongregate while leaving us all here in the dark for the win, Alex! :lol:
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Solomon Grundy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 pm

They've done everything they can to run the game into the ground as it is. Those stat caps were a fantastic idea, hoo boy. "Let's give people less of a reason to keep playing, profits will SOAR!" Their accountant clearly worked for Enron.
Solomon Grundy

Next

Return to Facebook Server