Clarification on Rules - VVA Mystic

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Clarification on Rules - VVA Mystic

Postby Fieryshoe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 am

If you want to spare yourselves headaches, you just need make it so that if you have under 30 people, you can't make a statue. End of discussion. No matter how many stones you have, they will not be "turned in" until you have 30. Or heck, you can't even accumulate stones until you have 30 members. Problem solved, no one gets upset anymore.

As far as everything else, exactly how is that going to be enforced? VVA was created not to take advantage of any exploits, but because VV gets quite a number of applicants every week and it is hard turning away good people or not being able to take a chance on someone because you just don't have enough room. What happens if when VVA gets the 30 members and just to challenge the VV members to stay on their toes, they want to attack their statue? Does that mean that is ILLEGAL now? Or vice versa, now VV can't attack VVA's statue, even when they are fielding 30 people and fulfill all your criteria for the War Phase? That is a tough pill to swallow, especially when there are alliances that already exist in the Mystic War between other guilds. I will come right out and say it...there are at least two other guilds that I personally like that I will never lift a hand on their statue.

My point is, there are going to need to be HARD RULES in place for all these new suggestions to actually work. The game itself needs to completely block anyone under 30 members from getting a statue. That will solve a bunch of your problems and will eliminate the "free xp" that happens when you attack a statue unopposed. Everything else...I don't know how you are going to be able to enforce it, and personally I don't think it would be fair to try, especially when there are alliances all over the place in the Mystic War.

3. Is it okay for sister guilds to attack their own un-guarded Mystics. While there was no clear rule specification on this before, we will set forth to say that it's against the rules from now on. Not only is it illogical from a "war" perspective when you have positioned yourself as sister guilds, it can be viewed as the mystic was intentionally setup to allow sister guild members to reap experience rewards and preventing other guilds from getting it.

How is this any different from the Invasion where guilds used to (thankfully it doesnt happen much anymore) take two and three towns even if they didnt need the xp, just to prevent another guild from having the bonus? Isn't that the whole point of the war, to have guilds use their wits and try to come out on top while playing according to the rules? My suggestion again...if you want the rules to be followed, they need to be HARD RULES and not subjective or left up to the interpretation of each individual person. There needs to be a physical restriction in game that will not let something that you DON'T want to happen. The 30 man requirement for the Mystic War will eliminate alot of your problems. Everything else, especially the whole sister guild thing...I don't know how that is going to be enforced and personally, I think it is unfair to enforce, because I don't know of another GOOD sister guild in the game, but who knows how many unofficial alliances there are already?

That is my two cents, and I hope I did not give anyone a headache. :shock:
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Fieryshoe » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 am

One more thing I forgot to add, so that Wei doesn't think we are intentionally trying to give him a headache or blatantly thumb our noses at authority:

By default, VVA is going to have a statue up at least on every other war phase. It is the result of those who are already are in the guild, they are hard workers. Does this mean that VVA is going to get in trouble just for having a statue up? You can't expect us to NOT work on guild fame, because that would be unfair. Eventually we will get 30+ members in VVA, but we are not going to let in just anyone so we can hit the 30 man limit...that would be shooting ourselves in the foot.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Steve » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 am

Fieryshoe's 2nd post stole a little of my thunder but I am not sure these added rules make sense.

Frankly, I view VV attacking VVA or WPK or ANY guild with <30 members as simple attacking sense. If they don't some else definitely will. Restricting them mean others guilds will: 1) have an advantage to the "partnered" guild when attacking the undefended mystic & 2) forces VV to target other guilds.
In fact, it makes little sense to the building of VVA to lose their mystic so quickly (at the hands of their sister guild?!). You could argument that if VV avoided them they'd keep the bonus longer.

A clear exploit would be forming a temp guild to build a mystic then jumping to the other guild.

If there was one complaint I had, it would be banned players who remained in guilds & thus protected their old guild's mystic.
Luthien
Steve

Postby You » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 am

Mystic Wars Rule wrote:Mystic Wars

Introduction
Mystic Wonders
War Phase

Introduction
Dream World adventurers have discovered the Mystic Mines near Mt. Killjoy. They also found ancient schematics for building Mystic Wonders using the mystic stones found in the mines. It was rumored that these wonders have magical powers and grants bonuses to those who build them.

Mystic Wonders
There are 7 unique Mystic Wonders that can be built in Dream World during the "build phase". Before the 7 wonders are built, each time a guild defeats one the keepers in the Mystic Mines or an Isendel boss, they will earn Mystic Stones that automatically be added to their wonder progress (Gnome and Isendel=1 stone, Orc=2, Drow=3). Once a guild has placed 100 stones into a wonder, that wonder will be completed and will become one of the 7 Mystic Wonders in the order below. Once a wonder is built, it will come to life and grant an experience bonus to the guild that built it.

Mystic Guardian - 24% Experience + (3% for each wonder destroyed)
Mystic Fallen - 23% Experience + (3% for each wonder destroyed)
Mystic Dragon - 22% Experience + (3% for each wonder destroyed)
Mystic Phoenix - 21% Experience + (3% for each wonder destroyed)
Mystic Unicorn - 20% Experience + (3% for each wonder destroyed)
Mystic Griffin - 20% Experience + (3% for each wonder destroyed)
Mystic Serpent - 20% Experience + (3% for each wonder destroyed)

War Phase
Once all 7 wonders become live, the war phase starts. Any level 71+ players from guilds that declared hostile relations can attack the wonders for large amounts of experience. However, the attacker needs to first defeat 3 guild members guarding the wonders (randomly selected from defending guild's roster of players within 10 levels of attacker, with some exceptions). If guild has less than 30 members, then no defender will be present. Unlike Arena fights, defenders do not lose or gain experience, nor can they retaliate as no notices will be generated. Defenders will have 2X of normal HP (2.4X for void), but the level handicaps will not be applied so it's possible for level 71 players to defeat defender with much higher level.

The wonders have extreme high defense and each will start with 2 billion HP. If one player deals more than 600 million damage to the wonder, the wonder will automatically regenerate the remaining damage after combat. The guild who built the wonder can "repair" the wonder by gathering more mystic stones, each will heal the status for 1% health. However, each wonder can only be repaired 30 times, with each stone counting as a repair. Up to 20 more repairs become available (capped at 30) whenever another wonder is destroyed.

Once a wonder reaches 0 HP, it will be destroyed and cannot be rebuilt until the the war phase is over, and all remaining wonders will gain 3% extra bonus. The top 10 players contributing highest damage will receive 20%/18/16%/14%/12%/10%/8%/6%/4%/2% exp bonus until the next the start of the next war phase (summed total capped to 20% for any player). To prevent stalemate, all wonders defense may be reduced if no wonder is defeated for extended period of time.

When all 7 wonders are destroyed. The game will be back in the "build phase" of the Mystic Wars. Guilds with stones leftover during the previous "build phase" will have them rolled over into the new "build phase" (maximum rollover: 80).

©2011, PlayMage LLC. All Rights Reserved.

I think above underline rule should change become :

War Phase
Once all 7 wonders become live, the war phase starts. Any level 71+ players from guilds that declared hostile relations can attack the wonders for large amounts of experience. However, the attacker needs to first defeat 3 guild members guarding the wonders (randomly selected from defending guild's roster of players within 10 levels of attacker, with some exceptions). If guild has less than 30 members, then defender still be present. Unlike Arena fights, defenders do not lose or gain experience, nor can they retaliate as no notices will be generated. For Guild with more than 30 members, defenders will have 2X of normal HP (2.4X for void) and for guild with less than 30 members, defenders will have 3x of normal HP (3,4x for void). But the level handicaps will not be applied so it's possible for level 71 players to defeat defender with much higher level. :lol:
You

Postby Godric » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:30 am

I just wanna say awesome job on VVA Mark, and I agree, I have noticed the Devs bending to the whim of certain players for awhile now. I just hope that these certain players keep your pockets lined once you have banned all the good players and the few of us that don't exploit some brand new rule, quit.

This is my own opinion and in no way reflects WPK. ;)
'The statement below is true.
The statement above is false'

Godric

Postby admin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:46 am

ava wrote:Can i get a clarification on #3 please?

Is it only disallowed if the statue is unguarded?

~ava

#3 is only a violation if Mystic is unguarded. But you can imagine other possible scenarios where it's guarded and the defenders intentionally switch to stick and cloth, which would also be against the rules.

For those defending VV/VVA, there really no need as no where in my post said they violated any rules. The post just placed new rule guidelines, not to please whiners nor to handicap specific guilds, as it applies to everyone equally going forward is does not affect anyone retroactively. The no defender mechanism is intended to handicap guides with only few elite players trying to setup a Mystic that is very hard to defeat, it's not intended to be exploited to build exp farms for sister guild members, regardless whether it's the original intention when it's being built.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Facebook Server