Wei regarding your double standard for exploits...

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Wei regarding your double standard for exploits...

Postby TomHyberger » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Maria wrote:To be honest Tom I was kind of oblivious to the cap - I just bought hem till it stopped and didn't really pay attention to how many the total then was. I thought we'd all got the same till I started looking at other players characters. If the devs want to knock the likes of me back to the 650 total, or let others to up to match that's fine by me. I'm all for fairness and it makes sense for max to be same for everyone.

Actually it should just be explained. Clearly the devs are ok with a soft cap in this instance.
TomHyberger

Postby admin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:16 pm

TomHyberger wrote:
Whaaaaria wrote:I fail to see how this would be an exploit. Who ever said the maximum number of virtual members was set to 640? The devs screwed up when they allowed people to purchase a 5 VM bundle with over 635 VM.

So if the option is there, how could this be an exploit? On the other hand, I do agree that it isn't fair for everyone if they do not allow people to purchase up to 644 VM if they already have between 640 and 643.

Wei said the cap on VMs was 650 when it was set. But if you buy 649 then buy a pack of 5 at the end it rolls up to 654.

My point is actually pretty simple. It's against the intended design. The last time people went against the intended design was when people were stashing coins on the mainland which was causing a lot of GoD to come up. Several people got suspended for it but most of the people didn't.

It seems odd that there's such a double standard here

You remembered wrong. No one was suspended for stashing coins. There were several players the same guild suspended for scripting, and one of them told us about this mechanism. There was quite lot of complain once it was fixed, but no one was suspended for it.

As for the VM cap, we actually tried to cap it to 100 for everyone because it was a game breaking mechanism if not managed properly, but too many players complained that there was one player that has gone past the cap, so we prevented players from buying once that they hit the same amount of VM that player has.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Whaaaaria » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:15 am

Tom.... I really don't think they understood what you were trying to say... as simple as it was.
QQ
Whaaaaria

Postby Godric » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:51 am

I got a new pack of crayons... (Whistles)
'The statement below is true.
The statement above is false'

Godric

Previous

Return to Facebook Server