Wei regarding your double standard for exploits...

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Wei regarding your double standard for exploits...

Postby TomHyberger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Can you clarify this because you have gone around and issued bans against people for exploiting the system by embracing gameplay mechanics that would give a person any unfair advantage EXCEPT the exploit that you biggest spenders use in going past the cap of 650 VMs and allowing them to exploit the last few. As you have stated that any intentional use of the game system to gain an advantage is considered an exploit does this allowance of these people and ignoring what they did constitute an inconsistency with the policy because they pay more money than other users or is there some logical reason other than what I've said?
TomHyberger

Re: Wei regarding your double standard for exploits...

Postby Arkayn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Hmmm, I guess whatever makes there pockets deeper o.O
Arkayn

Postby Whiner Assassin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Stop bitching and play the game
Whiner Assassin

Postby TomHyberger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Whiner Assassin wrote:Stop bitching and play the game

no u first
TomHyberger

Postby Whaaaaria » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:31 pm

I fail to see how this would be an exploit. Who ever said the maximum number of virtual members was set to 640? The devs screwed up when they allowed people to purchase a 5 VM bundle with over 635 VM.

So if the option is there, how could this be an exploit? On the other hand, I do agree that it isn't fair for everyone if they do not allow people to purchase up to 644 VM if they already have between 640 and 643.
QQ
Whaaaaria

Postby DrPhil » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:02 pm

I have no opinion on the subject - I just want my name here for posterity and contrary to popular belief, I am not occupying this post.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby JackOS » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:11 pm

DrPhil wrote:I have no opinion on the subject - I just want my name here for posterity and contrary to popular belief, I am not occupying this post.

Occupy this thread! We are the 99%!
Some guy at [HEA]

If you need help, want to apply to HEA, whatever, just hit me up here. Message me DW or something like that so I don't ignore you.

JackOS

Postby acappella » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:55 am

Tom why do you winge so much? and when 2 or more of your guild members have just what your talking about ???
I'm singing
acappella

Postby TomHyberger » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Whaaaaria wrote:I fail to see how this would be an exploit. Who ever said the maximum number of virtual members was set to 640? The devs screwed up when they allowed people to purchase a 5 VM bundle with over 635 VM.

So if the option is there, how could this be an exploit? On the other hand, I do agree that it isn't fair for everyone if they do not allow people to purchase up to 644 VM if they already have between 640 and 643.

Wei said the cap on VMs was 650 when it was set. But if you buy 649 then buy a pack of 5 at the end it rolls up to 654.

My point is actually pretty simple. It's against the intended design. The last time people went against the intended design was when people were stashing coins on the mainland which was causing a lot of GoD to come up. Several people got suspended for it but most of the people didn't.

It seems odd that there's such a double standard here
TomHyberger

Postby Maria » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:45 pm

To be honest Tom I was kind of oblivious to the cap - I just bought hem till it stopped and didn't really pay attention to how many the total then was. I thought we'd all got the same till I started looking at other players characters. If the devs want to knock the likes of me back to the 650 total, or let others to up to match that's fine by me. I'm all for fairness and it makes sense for max to be same for everyone.
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Next

Return to Facebook Server