Suggestions to help IMPROVE the game

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Suggestions to help IMPROVE the game

Postby Fieryshoe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:17 am

The intent behind this thead wasn't to bash the devs, but to give feedback, constructive criticism, and ideas to help the devs improve the game that we all love. I know quite a few of the people that have posted already, and they all want to keep the game going strong for a long time. When you see problems and you sit back and do nothing about it, then you are part of the problem and not helping to do anything to find a solution. When people voice their opinion as they have in this thread, it is because they CARE and just want things to improve. Do people really think we have nothing better to do than spending days typing things up in the forum for no reason at all? As if, behind the scenes when the cameras stop rolling, that we are all laughing about how awesome the invasion is, and high fiving each other whenever mentions at how great last year's Santa event was?

I know the devs are not required to respond at all to us unless it is an important issue, but it is really discouraging when we have multiple pages on this thread already that still hasn't gotten a response, acknowledgement, or even wave of the hand...but other threads get a response in far shorter time. I'm not going to take it personally or dwell on it, it is what it is.

Believe it or not, our ideas would put money in the Devs pockets if taken seriously. Instead of worrying about the 20-30 people that can "infinite mist", how about the thousands of people that would be buying gems left and right to take advantage of the Santa Event? Sure, you can look at it with the 48 mystery boxes that you are giving away every day, and all of the nice little bonuses that the players get already. But what about the money that you could be getting hand over fist if you had a few little tweaks to the game that drove the player base nuts with enthusiasm? Your top players are what...a hundred people? If you go by the numbers, you still have about fifty thousand or so more. How many of them would eagerly plunk down money, especially over the holidays (nice xmas bonus from work, received cash gift etc) if they had a reason to? The players that "infinite mist" won't stuff the devs pockets, but the players that are trying to take their game to the next level will. Those are the players that the devs should be trying to appeal to, and those are the players that are discouraged right now. You don't believe me? Go searching on this forum for complaints about the same people hogging the same spots on the Fallen runs, or for people that have said that the invasion has become too boring and doesn't yield enough experience.

I have no intentions of causing headaches at all for the Devs...my ONLY mission is to help them get more money in their pockets. Why? The more money in their pockets, the better the game is doing, and (hopefully) the better product the players get in return. I won't lose any sleep wondering if all my suggestions are being laughed at before going into the recycle bin, but three months from now when people are complaining that the Fallen runs are still being monopolized and no one has a fair shot anymore and that the Invasion is pointless, bla bla bla...look back on this forum and remember the day where multiple people pointed out things that need to be addressed and they were all ignored.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby omg » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:29 am

What does infinite mist mean anyways?

Santa gives Mystery Boxes, and mist potions are capped per day, so you couldn't run only on mist potions anyhow...
omg

Postby Fieryshoe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

"Infinite misting" really does not exist to be honest, it is a term I have seen the Devs use a few times now. Even if there was no cap on mists that you can buy in a day (currently at 3000) it is impossible to keep on buying mists with coins because eventually you are going to run out. It costs me currently about a trillion coins to refill my energy from zero.

The players with max vms are capable of playing a ton though, but they do that by working hard in collecting pinks and whites and refill their energy with gems when the energy is zero. And if you spend a decent amount of time in the Mystic Wars, you are going to be burning lots of energy.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby gravious » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 pm

+1 No matter what business you're in, sometimes it's just helpful to have an outside voice to give ideas and tips on improving your business. A fresh perspective or outlook can sometimes totally revolutionize business. This game, is a business. We, as the players of DW, were merely trying to give suggestions, yet it appears that giving suggestions is considered, bashing, being ungrateful, discouraging, complaining, etc. Like Mike said, if no one provides afeedback, then how will you know what to include in future expansions? How would you know what is enjoyable to the players and what is not? I hardly ever post in this forum for exactly this reason. It seems no one listens, and if they do, they all take it as if you're complaining. I have loved this game since the first day i started playing it. I looked to the top level players and said 'I will someday be one of those top players'. I then farmed and farmed and farmed to get to where i am today. Events like the santa event, kept me going and encouraged. Last year at this time, i was a very weak player and this year now, i have respectable stats. These events made it possible.

At any rate, I too will not lose any sleep if the suggestions in here are ignored, or w/e...We're just trying to help make the game better than it already is..and in the process, help increase revenue so the devs will continue developing this fantastic game.

~GM Dave (gravious) PKS
gravious

Postby Kitty » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:26 am

Who are these "admins" anyways? Is Ren Wei no longer in charge in any way, shape, or form?
Everybody wants to be a cat
Kitty

Postby pcnpyrostud » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:56 pm

I don't think the admin is "ignoring" this thread. I have come to a conclusion that he is simply busy, dealing with this event, looking for scripters, and other cheaters... Also, I'm sure he has a life too.

I'm just saying, he's answered and posted on other threads, but only when they were short, to the point, or asked a direct question.

This thread however involves some brewing of ideas, thoughts, reading multiple elongated posts, etc etc... while also dealing with the negativity and the bashing that some people are throwing their way ! Which is probably discouraging. But that's why I made sure to include in my 2nd (or 3rd?) post that we all appreciate the devs and what they do, because they really could just let us rot away.

SO in conclusion, I'm assuming he's either read this, or marked it to fully sit down and read it later, while producing notes and ideas, and taking note of specific suggestions. Maybe we could simply ask him to produce a new topic (in here, or general) that we could ONLY post suggestions on, again. like the previous thread.. which is out dated for the most part anyway except the last few posts including my own.
pcnpyrostud

Postby ava » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:42 pm

pcnpyrostud wrote:I don't think the admin is "ignoring" this thread. I have come to a conclusion that he is simply busy, dealing with this event, looking for scripters, and other cheaters... Also, I'm sure he has a life too.

I'm just saying, he's answered and posted on other threads, but only when they were short, to the point, or asked a direct question.

This thread however involves some brewing of ideas, thoughts, reading multiple elongated posts, etc etc... while also dealing with the negativity and the bashing that some people are throwing their way ! Which is probably discouraging. But that's why I made sure to include in my 2nd (or 3rd?) post that we all appreciate the devs and what they do, because they really could just let us rot away.

SO in conclusion, I'm assuming he's either read this, or marked it to fully sit down and read it later, while producing notes and ideas, and taking note of specific suggestions. Maybe we could simply ask him to produce a new topic (in here, or general) that we could ONLY post suggestions on, again. like the previous thread.. which is out dated for the most part anyway except the last few posts including my own.

now THIS is looking beyond appearances!!!! awesome stuff!

Thank you for this .. Merry Christmas pcnpyrostud.. =)

~ava
ava

Previous

Return to Facebook Server