Suggestions to help IMPROVE the game

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Suggestions to help IMPROVE the game

Postby Fieryshoe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Before I start, I would like to say that my intention is not to give the devs a headache or antagonize them, but it is actually to help them IMPROVE on a product that many of us play alot and have made many friends because of this product.

So, as I was discussing with Gravious before (GM of PKSquad) and we thought that this forum needs a thread where the leadership of the respective guilds, as well as those that care a ton about the success and long-term survival of this game, can come in and give suggestions to the Dev team...where hopefully they could at least LISTEN to what we have to say. Of course we are not demanding anything because we don't own this game. However, most of us here on this forum are probably the most active ones or at least the ones that play the game the most, so we should have a good idea of what is good with the game and what is bad/needs some fixing or adjusting. So, without further adieu...

Problem #1: 24 appearance limit on Santa Claus.
The first thing that came to mind when I saw the information on this update was...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Last year's event was a game changer. I personally never participated in it last year because I was just getting into the invasion and that was a ton of fun for me (wow how things have changed) and I let everyone else have fun with Santa. The Xmas event last year was important because it allowed average people or people that really needed the power boost to grind hard and become impact players in the game. Since that time, everyone who was a player during the Xmas event has been talking about it. It has become a folk legend, and the only thing that is even comparable to it is the Easter Event. So, my question is...if it worked so well last year, why change it? Personally, i could care less if I do not get the same benefits as last year, but I am upset that there are many guildies and friends of mine that were looking forward to it and we get this watered down version of what happened last year. Why wouldn't you continue it? It is money in the Devs pockets, because from all the accounts I heard, last year people were so excited about the event that they were buying gems left and right so that they could keep playing. If there is a cap on stats now....why would you care if the "heavy hitters" go nuts on the event? All it does is get them closer to the cap on stats, and that much closer to the dreaded "not having anything else to work on" finish line. And to be honest, there are WAY more people that would benefit from the Santa Event as it was last year, than heavy hitters who would go nuts and hit the cap on stats. I would sincerely ask the Devs if they would reconsider changing the Xmas event back to the way it was last year, even if it was only for the weekend or something, if they are that concerned about "infinite misting" or any other problem that the top players could cause.

Problem #2: Placing on the Fallen

I am just going to come right out and say it: If left AS IS, with the Fallen having 8 billion hps and a 400 mil cap per player, it might take a week for each Fallen to be killed and there will be ZERO chance for any guild that does not have one of the top ten players in the game to EVER have a chance of securing a top three bonus for their guild, or placing in the top three to get the GOOD items. Why? Because now the Fallen will be up longer. A 400 mil cap means you will need that much more people to kill it. By my math, (I hope it is right) you will need 20 people hitting the 400 mil threshold or even more to cover the difference. This means that the top players will have that much more time to keep wailing away on the Fallen, and putting up an insurmountable lead. It is conceivable that you could have an ENTIRE guild take the top three spots, because they hit the Fallen for several hours over two or three days, and take everyone out of the running for the top three spots. This is really bad for the game, and even the way it was before, you had some people complaining that people barely had a chance to place. Well, now we went from a slim chance to NO CHANCE. Keep in mind that I say this, knowing fully well that there are members of my own guild that if they WANTED to, could put a complete lockdown on at least two of the top three spots for the Fallen, and if they were motivated enough (which they are) could lock down the top four or five. That is not good at all, and the Devs really need to take a look at this scenario. If you want to be "fair" and give other people a chance at placing, then the answer is simple: Have a "lockout" where if you place in the top three, the game prevents that specific person from placing in the top three for the very next Fallen run....his total damage, that is. After that run is over, the "locked out" player is allowed to have his damage count for the next run. That is the best solution I can come up with for the Fallen, but if anyone else has any ideas, by all means let's hear them!

Problem #3: Invasion has become dull, boring, trivial and NO CHALLENGE at all.

Some of the top hitters can do their 10billion max for a city in less than an hour. Many people can do the 10B pretty easily, to the point where it takes them not even a day or two. There is absolutely zero motivation for most people to do the Invasion anymore, other than keeping the xp bonus for their guild. Why not liven this up, since this is something that most guilds HAVE to do, but really DONT WANT TO DO anymore? I actually have a few suggestions on livening this up:

1) Unlock one of the cities or place a "city" in Isendel that is unlocked...meaning that there is NO INDIVIDUAL CAP on damage done. One city with no cap. Let everyone go nuts...have an absolute free for all. Put a minimum requirement of THIRTY people so that five people can't create a guild on the fly and play for a few days and outdamage everyone else. Now, you have a playground for the big hitters and trash talkers to go and hang out in. You want to talk smack that you are better than so and so person? Take it to the Big Boys Yard and settle it in there. Those that still want the team strategy of winning a guild will still have all the other cities to mess around in. But now, the big boys have a spot to go have a rumble in and breathe some life back into the Invasion.

2) Invoke a system where there are ITEM REWARDS for winning a city. XP bonus is nice, but it is very overrated and most people play this game for the "guild aspect" or to improve their stats. Fallen has always had that motivation of having those item rewards that you can't get anywhere else. So, why not create a set of gear where everyone in the guild who meets the level requirements for, can win if they are in the guild that wins the city? For example, in order to qualify for this, you need to be in the guild and have done "x" amount of damage in the Invasion. Pick a number, it doesn't matter. Or if you don't like that suggestion, everyone LOVES pills in this game. Winning guild gets 3-5 pills if the persons participating meet the above requirements. You can mix it up, one city will win you the Strength pills, another city will win you the Speed pills, yet another will win you the IQ pills. If you want to be REALLY creative, you can start mixing and matching. Once city will win you GEAR. Other cities will win you PILLS. Another city will win you FIVE MYSTERY BOXES. Another city will win you a 2-3 day GENIUS or HEROIC. I would suggest having multiple rewards for each city and scaling them down for 1st through 3rd place, but that might be alot of work and not feasible. But, you get the idea. People DO NOT CARE ABOUT XP, it is the pills, mystery boxes, and upgrades to weapons and armor that keep us playing this game.

These are the suggestions that come to mind right away, I'm sure if I think some more, there are plenty more things I can come up with. But seriously, while this game can be maddening at times and some of the changes made are incredibly frustrating...the bottom line is that most of us really do not want to leave and want to continue playing this game that we have either come to love or are hopelessly addicted to. We don't want to give the Devs any headaches or stress, but we would like to suggest things that would make this a win-win situation for everyone invovled. More money for the Devs, and a more enjoyable experience for the players.

Now, if you do not believe me that people are disappointed/outraged over the change to the Santa Claus event, let's put it to the test. Let's do an informal petition right now:

Who here would like the Santa Claus event from LAST YEAR (no limit to how many times Santa can appear) to be brought back?
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Re: Suggestions to help IMPROVE the game

Postby JackOS » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:16 pm

As always, right on the money :)
Some guy at [HEA]

If you need help, want to apply to HEA, whatever, just hit me up here. Message me DW or something like that so I don't ignore you.

JackOS

Postby remedialjoe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Fieryshoe wrote:Before I start, I would like to say that my intention is not to give the devs a headache or antagonize them, but it is actually to help them IMPROVE on a product that many of us play alot and have made many friends because of this product.

So, as I was discussing with Gravious before (GM of PKSquad) and we thought that this forum needs a thread where the leadership of the respective guilds, as well as those that care a ton about the success and long-term survival of this game, can come in and give suggestions to the Dev team...where hopefully they could at least LISTEN to what we have to say. Of course we are not demanding anything because we don't own this game. However, most of us here on this forum are probably the most active ones or at least the ones that play the game the most, so we should have a good idea of what is good with the game and what is bad/needs some fixing or adjusting. So, without further adieu...

Problem #1: 24 appearance limit on Santa Claus.
The first thing that came to mind when I saw the information on this update was...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Last year's event was a game changer. I personally never participated in it last year because I was just getting into the invasion and that was a ton of fun for me (wow how things have changed) and I let everyone else have fun with Santa. The Xmas event last year was important because it allowed average people or people that really needed the power boost to grind hard and become impact players in the game. Since that time, everyone who was a player during the Xmas event has been talking about it. It has become a folk legend, and the only thing that is even comparable to it is the Easter Event. So, my question is...if it worked so well last year, why change it? Personally, i could care less if I do not get the same benefits as last year, but I am upset that there are many guildies and friends of mine that were looking forward to it and we get this watered down version of what happened last year. Why wouldn't you continue it? It is money in the Devs pockets, because from all the accounts I heard, last year people were so excited about the event that they were buying gems left and right so that they could keep playing. If there is a cap on stats now....why would you care if the "heavy hitters" go nuts on the event? All it does is get them closer to the cap on stats, and that much closer to the dreaded "not having anything else to work on" finish line. And to be honest, there are WAY more people that would benefit from the Santa Event as it was last year, than heavy hitters who would go nuts and hit the cap on stats. I would sincerely ask the Devs if they would reconsider changing the Xmas event back to the way it was last year, even if it was only for the weekend or something, if they are that concerned about "infinite misting" or any other problem that the top players could cause.

Problem #2: Placing on the Fallen

I am just going to come right out and say it: If left AS IS, with the Fallen having 8 billion hps and a 400 mil cap per player, it might take a week for each Fallen to be killed and there will be ZERO chance for any guild that does not have one of the top ten players in the game to EVER have a chance of securing a top three bonus for their guild, or placing in the top three to get the GOOD items. Why? Because now the Fallen will be up longer. A 400 mil cap means you will need that much more people to kill it. By my math, (I hope it is right) you will need 20 people hitting the 400 mil threshold or even more to cover the difference. This means that the top players will have that much more time to keep wailing away on the Fallen, and putting up an insurmountable lead. It is conceivable that you could have an ENTIRE guild take the top three spots, because they hit the Fallen for several hours over two or three days, and take everyone out of the running for the top three spots. This is really bad for the game, and even the way it was before, you had some people complaining that people barely had a chance to place. Well, now we went from a slim chance to NO CHANCE. Keep in mind that I say this, knowing fully well that there are members of my own guild that if they WANTED to, could put a complete lockdown on at least two of the top three spots for the Fallen, and if they were motivated enough (which they are) could lock down the top four or five. That is not good at all, and the Devs really need to take a look at this scenario. If you want to be "fair" and give other people a chance at placing, then the answer is simple: Have a "lockout" where if you place in the top three, the game prevents that specific person from placing in the top three for the very next Fallen run....his total damage, that is. After that run is over, the "locked out" player is allowed to have his damage count for the next run. That is the best solution I can come up with for the Fallen, but if anyone else has any ideas, by all means let's hear them!

Problem #3: Invasion has become dull, boring, trivial and NO CHALLENGE at all.

Some of the top hitters can do their 10billion max for a city in less than an hour. Many people can do the 10B pretty easily, to the point where it takes them not even a day or two. There is absolutely zero motivation for most people to do the Invasion anymore, other than keeping the xp bonus for their guild. Why not liven this up, since this is something that most guilds HAVE to do, but really DONT WANT TO DO anymore? I actually have a few suggestions on livening this up:

1) Unlock one of the cities or place a "city" in Isendel that is unlocked...meaning that there is NO INDIVIDUAL CAP on damage done. One city with no cap. Let everyone go nuts...have an absolute free for all. Put a minimum requirement of THIRTY people so that five people can't create a guild on the fly and play for a few days and outdamage everyone else. Now, you have a playground for the big hitters and trash talkers to go and hang out in. You want to talk smack that you are better than so and so person? Take it to the Big Boys Yard and settle it in there. Those that still want the team strategy of winning a guild will still have all the other cities to mess around in. But now, the big boys have a spot to go have a rumble in and breathe some life back into the Invasion.

2) Invoke a system where there are ITEM REWARDS for winning a city. XP bonus is nice, but it is very overrated and most people play this game for the "guild aspect" or to improve their stats. Fallen has always had that motivation of having those item rewards that you can't get anywhere else. So, why not create a set of gear where everyone in the guild who meets the level requirements for, can win if they are in the guild that wins the city? For example, in order to qualify for this, you need to be in the guild and have done "x" amount of damage in the Invasion. Pick a number, it doesn't matter. Or if you don't like that suggestion, everyone LOVES pills in this game. Winning guild gets 3-5 pills if the persons participating meet the above requirements. You can mix it up, one city will win you the Strength pills, another city will win you the Speed pills, yet another will win you the IQ pills. If you want to be REALLY creative, you can start mixing and matching. Once city will win you GEAR. Other cities will win you PILLS. Another city will win you FIVE MYSTERY BOXES. Another city will win you a 2-3 day GENIUS or HEROIC. I would suggest having multiple rewards for each city and scaling them down for 1st through 3rd place, but that might be alot of work and not feasible. But, you get the idea. People DO NOT CARE ABOUT XP, it is the pills, mystery boxes, and upgrades to weapons and armor that keep us playing this game.

These are the suggestions that come to mind right away, I'm sure if I think some more, there are plenty more things I can come up with. But seriously, while this game can be maddening at times and some of the changes made are incredibly frustrating...the bottom line is that most of us really do not want to leave and want to continue playing this game that we have either come to love or are hopelessly addicted to. We don't want to give the Devs any headaches or stress, but we would like to suggest things that would make this a win-win situation for everyone invovled. More money for the Devs, and a more enjoyable experience for the players.

Now, if you do not believe me that people are disappointed/outraged over the change to the Santa Claus event, let's put it to the test. Let's do an informal petition right now:

Who here would like the Santa Claus event from LAST YEAR (no limit to how many times Santa can appear) to be brought back?

:shock: my eyes hurt but i couldnt agree more..
̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
i'm your huckleberry!!
remedialjoe

Postby Solomon Grundy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Consider this my signature to bring the old event back. Last year, before the Santa event, I was an absolute peon, gamewise. The Santa event last year changed that. I went from being barely able to make a dent in anything to being able to somewhat hold my own. More importantly for the game, I began to periodically buy gems, which I had never done before. Bring the old event back. Everything else here, I agree with 100% as well.
Solomon Grundy

Postby acappella » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:23 pm

sounds like all of what ive been thinking
I'm singing
acappella

Postby Whaaaaria » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Amen
QQ
Whaaaaria

Postby Denzo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Completely agree with what Mark has said.
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby Pasquale » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Agreed entirely, and i would like to see the event be what it was last year as well
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Mutt » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 pm

I almost 100%...I would like to add a bonus ally...like if I do over 100 billion damage in a city again I can has Syz as an ally??? >.>
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby JackOS » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Mutt wrote:I almost 100%...I would like to add a bonus ally...like if I do over 100 billion damage in a city again I can has Syz as an ally??? >.>

Hehe, Syz should be a boss. Literally,
Some guy at [HEA]

If you need help, want to apply to HEA, whatever, just hit me up here. Message me DW or something like that so I don't ignore you.

JackOS

Next

Return to Facebook Server