Suggestions to help IMPROVE the game

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Suggestions to help IMPROVE the game

Postby DrPhil » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Mark has some great ideas there and it would be great to see the devs tap into his passion and enthusiasm for the game. He articulates what many think so i think it would be folly to ignore it. One of the things that fist struck me when i started playing DW was the close relationship the devs had with their players....a world away from the way Zynga used to treat its users. Personally speaking i play for the people more than the game so whereas my own perspective may be more timid, i am happy to support anything that keeps my friends in the game.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby Mael » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:06 pm

I agree with the sound of a hair-lipped dog.
Mael

Postby Jimmyguns65 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:16 am

I 100% agree with Mark on this - Last Christmas event and Easter, helped me immensely. Now you are going to release an update which takes that away from newer players which can drastically help them to participate more in Guild activities like Invasion, Mystics, or the Mines and the Island? Take Mark's advice, and the support of the others, and re-think this update before you implement it.

JimmyGuns65
GM, Vis Veres Assasins
"We're working our way one direction - UP"
Jimmyguns65

Postby gravious » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:32 am

Mark - Great post my friend. That was RIGHT on target to what i'm thinking, and what most people in this game are thinking. Mark and i spent a good amount of time chatting about this subject...and here are some thoughts:

First off... i give a +1 to every single point given by Mark...i have a few more suggestions of my own on top of those. Again, this thread is totally for ideas to help increase the attraction to this game and to keep people coming. When FB first started tracking how many people played this game, it was at over 180k players...now it's at 50k...please Devs, take a look at this thread long and hard and listen to what we, the players have to say.

1. Hybrid rings: Have rings that not only give bonus to attack, but to your stats as well. Have a rainbow ring (or multi-ring or w/e) that gives bonus to multiple stats. Different types of rings...not just one ring per level range...but multiple ones, that will allow you to choose what type of ring you would like to have. Also, the ability to get rings with a + on them, just like weapons and armor.

2. Add different types of gear: boots, gloves, necklaces, earrings, etc...this will add way more depth to the game. Also it will give you more gear to farm and take more time to enchant your gear...this equals more playing time, which is more farming and which will equal more money for the devs. It will keep people interested in the game longer. The goal is longevity of the player base.

3. Have a 'special' type of enchant pot that you can get that will '+' your weapon with more stats or make it a 'hybrid'. With these special enchants, give it the possibility to break, and then have something you can purchase with gems that will restore it if it's broken. Another avenue to increase interest in farming AND bring in more money for the devs...are you following the theme here? More money for the devs? :)

4. More gear types per level. Now it's when you reach a certain level, it's fallen gear only, or orc gear, or drow gear...why not have 2-3 choices of what you can get per level range? Again, it's all about customizing your character and making you unique. Equals more staying power and less boredom. If you don't like one gear set, you can swap it out for another and see how you like it.

5. More usefulness for skills. We have a ton of skills per class, but most of them do nothing except attack. Maybe do some creative things with those? Maybe each class could have a 'buff skill or 3'...something that would temporarily buff other guild members...give them slightly improved attack or defense, or w/e.

These are just a few of the things that i think would really add some depth to this game and would keep people more interested for a much longer period of time. Please add your thoughts and comments to this thread to keep it alive and in the Devs view!

Thanks for taking time to read this post.

Regards,

GM Dave (gravious) - PKS Guild
gravious

Postby Magicman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 am

Yes this succinctly states my thoughts
& to add
More southern hemisphere based bonus weekends. Not fun when an extended bonus weekend starts because the US have a holiday, when a holiday we may have just been through has passed unnoticed...
Magicman

Postby pcnpyrostud » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:48 am

Fiery Shoe, check out my last post here ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21&p=3836#p3836 )

and also you might want to go post there instead of here ~~~ : )
pcnpyrostud

Postby Pasquale » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:37 am

Would like to add one of my own as well

You should be able to donate Greater Fallen Gear regardless of whether it is enchanted or not, there are a lot of people that have saved the gear for when it was vaultable to give to guildies but because they threw an enchant or two onto it they basically have to throw it out, I don't understand the reason for this but why not instead either wipe the gear completely of enchants when it is vaulted or just do the % thing where you lose a % of the enchants when it is put into the vault, so others can get a use out of the gear that has been saved for so long.
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Fieryshoe » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:52 am

pcnpyrostud wrote:Fiery Shoe, check out my last post here ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21&p=3836#p3836 )

and also you might want to go post there instead of here ~~~ : )

My post is geared towards those that play the facebook game, which is why it wouldn't work there. But nice post though.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Maria » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Some good ideas here. Can I also echo the one about vaulting enchanted Greater Fallen items - I am very disappointed that us higher level players are being prevented from helping newer players in that respect.
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Mutt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Yep been holding some gear for two players and broke their hearts over a couple pots
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server