A thanks from one grateful guy.

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: A thanks from one grateful guy.

Postby admin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:47 pm

remedialjoe wrote:
admin wrote:You are welcome and I am glad to see that there are still reasonable players in the forum who are grateful for the free item events. We would like to hold an uncapped Santa event as last year, but with all the improved crystals, increased energy rewards, additional quests and mobs that drops MBs, and other ways to earn energy each day, an uncapped Santa event will generate infinite energy loops even with the mist cap.

We are already giving away up to 48 MB each day, plus more free stuff from Mystic Arena from the free passes. That is over couple hundreds of gems in free stuff daily for 15 days of the event! We hope all players can enjoy these free items and enjoy the game and the new update.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
Playmage Team

wow this is the most appalling post i have ever seen.. did u really call many of ur top players ungratefull ..WOW and to answer this thread or the other one that has many top players commenting on it.. ffs i hope ur gratefull to all of us ungrateful players that made ur game popular. besides not offering customer service to all of ur customers isnt ur only voilation of fb terms of use.. so yes us ungratefull players that have opinions that may not be ur favorite r also ur customers.. lol sorry ungratefull and unreasonable dev crew!

The post only thanked those players who are grateful and expressed it, and no where in the post said everyone else are ungrateful. I am sorry if you that post made you think that way.

Facebook only ask developers to respond to players issues (eg. missing gem credit, game not working, major bugs, etc) when it's generated from Faeebook contact developer link. It does not require us to respond to every suggestion post in our proprietary forum. However, it does not mean we are ignoring everything we do not reply to, as most veteran players are aware that many un-replied suggestions eventually makes into the game as well.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ava » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:00 pm

I truly thought the OP meant the original post as well. I certainly meant what i typed.

No sarcasm here. I am really enjoying this game and thankful for the work the devs have done on it. It's a thankless job usually... but I for one am thankful.

Thanks again!! and Have a fantastic Christmas devs!

~ava
ava

Postby remedialjoe » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:36 pm

ava wrote:I truly thought the OP meant the original post as well. I certainly meant what i typed.

No sarcasm here. I am really enjoying this game and thankful for the work the devs have done on it. It's a thankless job usually... but I for one am thankful.

Thanks again!! and Have a fantastic Christmas devs!

~ava

can ne one say tail of the human centiepede??
̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
i'm your huckleberry!!
remedialjoe

Postby dilsama » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:38 pm

I too am grateful for the all the special events this game offers.
In fact, I event like these events better than ones on other FB games. What makes these events great is that it is up to the player alone to make the most of it. There are games that I've played that in order to do well in an event you must rely on other people who you are friends with who play the game. I really enjoy how different Dreamworld is from the vast majority of other games out there.

Thank you Devs, for all your hard work at making Dreamworld fun!
dilsama

Postby Maria » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 pm

My two pennies worth - I love the game still after 2 years of play - the expansion works for me and the event is being kind :) happy player me!
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Flux » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:18 am

I am grateful for the new content. The game was starting to bore me and all the new stuff spiced it up again. So to the DEVs, William and his team. Thank you.

Small message to the haters, whiners, complainers. It's just a game. Get over it.
What would you be doing with your time if you didn't have DreamWorld to play? Be happy there is a game for you to play. Stop bringing it down for everyone else.
Xypher - Haven GO
Flux

Postby DrPhil » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:36 am

Yeah people - wassa matter with you all, doing opinions all over the place - and in a forum too.....the audacity of independent thinking in a specifically designated area will not be tolerated!

You can please some of the people some of the time etc. Happy christmas Devs / fellow dreamers.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby Fieryshoe » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:35 am

Flux wrote:What would you be doing with your time if you didn't have DreamWorld to play? Be happy there is a game for you to play. Stop bringing it down for everyone else.

This game is not like real life situations where an individual HAS to adjust because he has no other options. If you are stuck in a job that you don't like, but it pays the bills and keeps a roof over your head, you suck it up and deal with it as best as you can. If you have very little money for food and you have to eat ramen every day for a month to put yourself through college, you suck it up and deal with it. In this game, if people are unhappy, they DO NOT have to deal with it. If people get bored because there is no challenge, if they are unhappy with game mechanics, they leave for somewhere else or they retire. The day that I become that unhappy with the game, that is the day that I retire. That has not happened yet, which is why I am still playing. There are actually alot of things about this game that I love, but there are a few things that I believe could use some improvement and a few things that if done differently, would put more money in the Devs pockets.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby KingBagdemagus » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 pm

I have to admit ... I was apprehensive about the event having a cap this year, and I have grown to actually appreciate it, because it adds an element of fairness and lets the people who can't readily afford to buy gems because they have to pay bills or buy books and school supplies or pay for college tuition a chance to catch up to the more elite players. Playing DW for me is about the people who I am surrounded by in the game, and about finding a challenge to beat and a goal to obtain to keep my interest going. My goal has been to meet my 24 Santa quota each day of this event and so far I have, so I thank the developers for being generous enough to give us this event, when in the long run they really didn't even have to do that. So I'm gonna happily continue to play ... in fact I've been trying to work my sleep schedule so I can get every MB lol.

Thanks once again, and remember that the dream is forever alive,

Keith (King Badgemagus of !!!)
lapsis bellatrix of !!! (H@@TERS)
Lvl 87 (8%)
Divine Blade

To presume that anyone is normal, is indeed an abnormality
KingBagdemagus

Postby ava » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 pm

It is one thing to have opinions. Respectfully stated opinions, constructive criticism and so on is welcome by the majority of legitimate businesses out there.

There is no mistake in my mind that a facebook or other online game is a business. If they take my money they BETTER be a business. =)

So in this case, to stay respectful while addressing a problem, or making a suggestion is critical. You don't HAVE to of course. But if you start screaming and mocking management in a restaurant or store, see how creditable you look as they toss you outside onto the pavement. =(

Just because you are a regular player, a higher level or simply can write a post , does not mean you are entitled to insist anything at all. Suggestions are considered of course, but what I have seen repeatedly in this game and on this forum are people that suggest and then are incensed when those suggestions aren't used.

The devs have more than just one demographic of the game to consider. They also have many different things within their coding to consider (i.e. what takes up more bandwidth or what will create issues for this OTHER thing they want to do, etc.). What WE see is just the game. What THEY see is so much more than our happiness or their revenue from the game. This is THEIR baby ... we are allowed to play it and can give suggestions help them out. But overall, they are going to do what they feel is best.

All we can do is hope they change their minds if we don't like it. Or maybe... hope they can explain why they did it differently than we would have liked it.

Other than that.. we can take our ball and go home... perhaps to write our own game with all our extra time. =)

I think the tone of some of these posts I've seen are the ones that are "ungrateful". If you've written a post with only the good of Dream World in mind? Then you don't have to worry. But if your tone in posts say otherwise, then people will notice it easily.

Just my 3 cents (cuz i'm rarely succinct! *wink*)...

Have a Great Christmas everyone! and thanks again devs for all you do! it's been a real pleasure playing your little creation for so long!

~ava
ava

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server