Well, once again, top guilds got screwed

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Well, once again, top guilds got screwed

Postby Kalon » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:34 am

- Level 83+ players defeating the Monster Arena's final boss will now receive items as follows:
-- Level 93+ players will receive 1 in 6 chance the Dream World Ring if not in possession, otherwise a minimum level 97 Dream World item (with 1/3 chance of being a level 98 extended set item).
-- Level 90+ players will receive 1 in 6 chance the Drow Ring if not in possession, otherwise a minimum level 95 Drow item (with 1/3 chance of being a level 96 extended set item).
-- Level 83+ players will receive a minimum level 92 Greater Fallen item (with 1/3 chance of being a level 93 extended set item).

Actually, nice change. She's WAAAY too hard to only give an Mbox. I don't think we're really going to see any 83+ beat her, unless they have 18 dolls in inventory and 7 dusts...but still. Nice upgrade!

- Hell Gate Changes
-- Added a maximum level of 96 for players to participate in Hell Gates. This is required so those who actually could find Greater Fallen items useful have a chance to win them, as oppose to those who have absolutely no need for them. We are adding more content for highest level players in the next major update.
-- Players level 97+ will receive permanent 10% individual Fallen bonus.

AND NOW WE COME TO IT.

I've never heard of removing content from players in any game ever once they got too strong. REMOVING content? Good lord. And, what about the guild bonuses for those guilds that have these top players? I'm temporarily out of VV because I'm going to help a guild...but it won't be long until our top 5 players are unable to do Fallen. You may have given those individuals there 10% bonus, but what about the rest of the guild? Do something else, make a SECOND top 3 (or 6, but honestly who cares about non-optimal gear?) for levels 95 and below. Much like how in invasion there's Void winner, then other tier winners. This is...awful. I'm sorry, no other way to say it. Removing content, hurting entire guilds if their top people are too strong...so the top people have to be just high enough...but not TOO high. Don't get this at all.

And a lot do hell for the coins/xp that are that level. If you want to limit them...well, I can understand kind of. But, reduce XP, don't just REMOVE CONTENT. Let them do it, even if they can't hit Fallen, or their damage doesn't actually count against Fallen (make their cap limit for level 96+ to be 0, for example).

This is just bad, no ways around it. There is a better solution than what you found. Create a new tier for people under level 95 to get the item. Find a way for guilds with these people to be able to keep their GUILD bonus, and once again create a tier for below 96's to get individual bonuses.

PLEASE, PLEASE find a better solution to do this. If you're not happy with what I have listed just above, I'll easily be able to find better solutions. This is...just an insult to the top players. This is not good, really.

- Mystic Wars Changes
-- Guild bonuses for first 2 destroyed Mystic will not be removed until the 3rd one is destroyed.
-- Mystic defense will now automatically be reduced if none were defeated with 24 hours.
-- Removed effect of special event's coin bonuses for defeating Mystic defenders. This is required to solve a potential infinite mist loop.

Isn't the 3K mist energy a day preventing the loop? Well, whatever. No real problem with this. A bit less coinage but oh well. And I have nothing against guilds keeping their bonuses longer. Will also help weaker guilds that get a statue that our easy targets for big guilds to destroy keep that bonus a bit longer. Good move I'd say, really.

- Other Improvements
-- Greater Fallen items with enhances can now be vaulted, but will lose 100% of the enhances on vaulting.
-- Reduced occurrence rate of the 8th and 9th possessed boss.
-- Misc bug fixes.

No problem with the Greater Fallen thing. That way if I accidentally enchant a +3 Speed armor and once I'm ready to move up I can still vault it. Better than nothing. Some people will complain, but I'm satisfied with this.

As far as 8th and 9th PBs...dang. Well, guess once I hit level 86 REAL soon...I'm staying in Metreon and I bet a lot of others will too, maybe even the 90s.
Kalon

Re: Well, once again, top guilds got screwed

Postby Denzo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 am

My question is as follows :- Are the level 83 players required to defeat the last arena boss... #10 Fallen One 99 for a potential chance of a greater fallen item which then has a 1 in 3 chance of being an extended set (+1,+2 etc) ??
If this is the case then i am afraid as good as the reward sounds it is not viable for a level 83 to defeat this boss,i know people with uber stats who barely scrape past Anithea with the help of numerous guardian dolls.So what chance does that give people with stats not even 1/3 of theirs...NONE,no chance at all.

I understand the arena was made to be a challenge but this is more than a challenge,it is near impossible for people to do. :shock:
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby zzc » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 am

:x making the fallen as guild only would fix all the fallen problems
zzc

Postby Arkayn » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 am

I concur, the arena is a complete joke.... Maybe 3 or 4 people can actually kill the last boss in the arena, utterly stupid :ugeek:
Arkayn

Postby TomHyberger » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 am

Denzo wrote:My question is as follows :- Are the level 83 players required to defeat the last arena boss... #10 Fallen One 99 for a potential chance of a greater fallen item which then has a 1 in 3 chance of being an extended set (+1,+2 etc) ??
If this is the case then i am afraid as good as the reward sounds it is not viable for a level 83 to defeat this boss,i know people with uber stats who barely scrape past Anithea with the help of numerous guardian dolls.So what chance does that give people with stats not even 1/3 of theirs...NONE,no chance at all.

I understand the arena was made to be a challenge but this is more than a challenge,it is near impossible for people to do. :shock:

THEN YOU AREN'T SPENDING ENOUGH MONEY!!! THE DEVELOPERS ONLY CARE ABOUT MANIPULATING THE POPULATION TO SPEND MORE MONEY!
TomHyberger

Postby TomHyberger » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:00 am

So since this applies to what amounts to 3 people I will be the one to ask the question:

Wei do you really have so little respect to your top players that you would take away the one thing they invest a good amount of time in withotu providing them with an alternative source of gameplay?
TomHyberger

Postby Fieryshoe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 am

I am completely speechless this morning, and Lord knows that is a hard thing to accomplish.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Denzo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:40 am

Why bother spending money on something to fund more updates which DON'T incorporate the ideas of the ones who spend the money in the first place ?? Granted,there are lower levels who spend money on the game and their are people who don't spend money,but they also and have the same rights as others regardless of how much money you spend.Everyone is entitled to an opinion to make something better,more playable and more enjoyable.
Mark Torres has come up with some ideas which i for one and many others would love to see implemented in this game to make it progress further and more enjoyable,will those ideas ever be used or is he just wasting his breath and time on thinking these ideas up for the good of the game ??
He probably is wasting his time and breath which is a shame,as the ideas he comes up would make this game INTERESTING again and not consistently boring people to death.

Also,people at level 96 can now no longer hit the fallen.Sorry but that only applies to 3 people in the entirety of the game,it makes absolutely no sense what so ever to stop only 3 people hitting fallen.This is something which needs to be re-thought out as there are people in the lower end of the 90's levels who are also stronger than the average player who can ultimately do billions of damage thus making it impossible for people to gain a spot to win the greater fallen gear which people could use within a guild.
1 - Either make it so people from level 93 cannot hit fallen as they now have access to Dream World gear (best in game).
2 - If above level 93 make it so people can hit fallen but their damage does not count towards defeating fallen or count towards placing so people have a chance of winning items.
3 - Hell Gate is an individual based entrance into fallen,make it so fallen is guild based only as well then.

Fallen is a battleground for people who want to battle each other and prove who is better,this is the only place other than boring invasion where this can be done either way the only thing the higher levels can gain is exp and a greater fallen item which may or may not be usable by others in their guild.Taking this away from them is not only unjustified but unfair.Give them the right to hit fallen but make it in some way which does not affect the chances of others who wish to gain gear for themselves or their guild.

These are just a few ideas off the top of my head,people will have other ideas on how to sort this new issue out but i thought i would just get the ball rolling and see what other people have to say on this matter. :?
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby Soress » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:03 am

- Hell Gate Changes
-- Added a maximum level of 96 for players to participate in Hell Gates. This is required so those who actually could find Greater Fallen items useful have a chance to win them, as oppose to those who have absolutely no need for them. We are adding more content for highest level players in the next major update.
-- Players level 97+ will receive permanent 10% individual Fallen bonus.

Those that could find Greater Fallen items useful...if this is truly the case, should the level be capped at 92? I mean once Drow Mines opens up and you get access to Lolith loot. Instead it's 97 and currently just affects 3 people. I looked at the current leaderboard for this fallen run, someone in a full set of Dream World gear, Drow gear, and another Drow gear. The people who would find Greater Fallen items useful still do not have a possible chance of obtaining them. So if you want to block people as a solution (and I liked Kalon's idea of at least letting them still access it for the xp/coins just not able to win) why not block them from it when they can obtain Drow gear which is much more superior?
Soress

Postby DrPhil » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Why not just modify the fallen drops - level 95+ only get drow drops - it still enables those 95+ to participate/compete and doesnt effect the drops for those who are more in need of fallen gear (95-).
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Next

Return to Facebook Server