Unable to Upgrade Laboratory/Institute or build ships

Unable to Upgrade Laboratory/Institute or build ships

Postby ava » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm

This just seemed to start within the last 24 hours. Normally I am able to build ships at the same time as I upgrade a building on the same planet. I also have been able to upgrade my defense or attack in the laboratory while everything else was updating on the same planet. But now.. I'm not able to. (Screenshots of the situation are in the URL.)

Is this a glitch? A glitch that has been fixed? or did i miss something I should have done/clicked/etc.?

Can you confirm that we can still do the following simulataneously on each planet: build ships, update laboratory attack and/or defense, update institute technology, upgrade one building . That's what I've done previously but perhaps it has changed recently?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.382865258407484.101827.100000520397929&type=1

~ava
p.s. I'm using Chrome as my browser, and windows xp if that helps at all.
ava

Re: Unable to Upgrade Laboratory/Institute or build ships

Postby admin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:58 am

Thanks for the report. The link you uploaded isn't invisible. You should be able to build one ship, upgrade one building, and research a military tech, and research a civil tech on each planet. We have seen in the past that the mini ui list may become buggy and not show all the tasks on the planet, you can try going to the Tasks tab of the Control Center building to see full list of pending tasks.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ava » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:17 am

Hmm.. you likely can't see the screenshots unless you are on my facebook friends list. I'm happy to send them to you somewhere (email?) or add you to my facebook friends if that works?

That is where i go to find out what is in process - the Control Center tasks bar. (I have a screenshot of that in the pix you couldn't see.) It is happening again tonite as i play. I'm getting timer error messages at the end of the time alloted for the few battleships I build. Then when i get no battleships and try again, it tells me that i can only build one type of battleship per planet (when nothing is in process at all.)

I notice too that when I try to do ONE task on a planet (i.e. upgrade the laboratory) it will give me a message saying I can't do more than one thing on that planet. (It is the first thing on that planet that I've asked to do.)

It's frustrating and slowing down my play. Please let me know if I can email the screenshots in hopes that will help you guys figure it out. Thx!

~ava
ava

Postby admin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Is this still happening after the expansion?
admin
Site Admin

Postby ava » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 am

Yes... it seems to be worse. (I have more screenshots from yesterday).

Just now I went to upgrade one of my attack skills in the laboratory and it told me "hero is busy". (it wasn't.) I tried again and it said "only one technology allowed per planet" - I had no other technology being updated on that planet. Finally I tried again and it said "insufficient credits". !!! I had TONS of credits! It's as if the messages have no correlation to what is actually going on in the game.

This has been ongoing now for almost 3 days. I'm so behind on updating my buildings since it keeps saying i have other ones on the planet although being updated, when in fact, i do not.

Do you want the screenshots? i mean.. will they help? I'm finding it really annoying to play the game when everything i do is thwarted.

please let me know what I can do here.. thx!

~ava
ava

Postby admin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:52 am

Please try the following to see if it corrects the problem if you haven't yet.

1) Clear the entire browser cache (from beginning of time) then restart the browser immediately after clearing.
2) Try a non-chrome browser if you have one.
3) If you are using a VPN or proxy server, try disabling them.

If none of the above help, please provide your in-game name, galaxy number, and current total power so we can take a look at your account to see if something with it.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ava » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Thx Devs!

it's working now! I did a 24 hour test on it and all has been good for that time frame.

Thank you so much!!

~ava
ava

Return to Bug Reports