Crippling Bug in Power Calculations.

Crippling Bug in Power Calculations.

Postby Bramble Thorn » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 pm

There is a problem with this game, and it has started when you made the Ships you have add to your power whether they were equipped, or not.

This is because it has not been implemented well at all.

I had an Army Power of 39,500,000. I had a Full Power of 54,355,000. I had Five full fleets. Those fleets were full. I could not add any more ships without REMOVING War items to add command Items. (Your algorithm should NOT dictate my equipment selection.)

I built three more Mother Ships. My Army Power is the same, and cannot go higher, as all ship slots are full. My Full Power has raised 1,500,000 from 54,355,000 to 55,855,000. This, instead of increasing my staying power by helping deal with unit attrition, prevents me from attacking people I should be able to, and allows higher level people to attack me for NO REASON AT ALL.

That is ONE problem this implementation has caused. Another is that even if I could have added the new ships to my fleets, it does not do this automatically. This means building ships is a liability, because it automatically raises my liability WITHOUT also letting me use those ships to help me defend.

Auto Assign does nothing to help, because it also is programmed badly. Right now, it only maintains the number of ships it previously had, does not remember that value if it decreases if you run out of stock, but does not assign new ships like "Auto Assign" should.

Instead there is (sometimes) a manual pop up. I do not even see that most of the time.

"Auto Assign" needs to have a number next to it, up to the maximum number to ships allowed to that hero, and as ships come online they are automatically added to that limit. If more than one Hero uses the same ship design, it either needs to give first to the highest War score, or distribute them equally. Or something. The way it is working now, does not work.

And none of this covers how badly your maximum army calculation deals with having a Mix of different ships equipped at the same time.

I know the Facebook Server started with this in place. Still, it needs to be suspended until it can be implemented better. Please.
Bramble Thorn

Re: Crippling Bug in Power Calculations.

Postby Zhan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 am

Bramble Thorn wrote:I built three more Mother Ships. My Army Power is the same, and cannot go higher, as all ship slots are full. My Full Power has raised 1,500,000 from 54,355,000 to 55,855,000.

Okay. This one's a bug.

This, instead of increasing my staying power by helping deal with unit attrition, prevents me from attacking people I should be able to, and allows higher level people to attack me for NO REASON AT ALL.

See above.

Another is that even if I could have added the new ships to my fleets, it does not do this automatically. This means building ships is a liability, because it automatically raises my liability WITHOUT also letting me use those ships to help me defend.

Auto Assign does nothing to help, because it also is programmed badly. Right now, it only maintains the number of ships it previously had, does not remember that value if it decreases if you run out of stock, but does not assign new ships like "Auto Assign" should.

It doesn't increase your power until you log on. Just don't afk when low on reserves.

Instead there is (sometimes) a manual pop up. I do not even see that most of the time.

You only get that if there's only one hero not full on ships. Usually level ups.

"Auto Assign" needs to have a number next to it, up to the maximum number to ships allowed to that hero, and as ships come online they are automatically added to that limit. If more than one Hero uses the same ship design, it either needs to give first to the highest War score, or distribute them equally. Or something. The way it is working now, does not work.

It works. Can't have the game play itself now, can we?

And none of this covers how badly your maximum army calculation deals with having a Mix of different ships equipped at the same time.

This works for the most part in my opinion. Otherwise, I would go pure fighters always. As it stands, I will always have at least MS in reserve, so my power is based off that score. But fighters' high attack compensates for their vulnerability (if you do it right). The one thing I don't really like is if you have only fighters and only fighters in reserve. Then your army and power are lower than your actual strength. But that's strategy. I will admit to using fighters on defense to try to entice people to attack me.

I know the Facebook Server started with this in place. Still, it needs to be suspended until it can be implemented better. Please.

So... what, shut down both servers?
Zhan

Return to Bug Reports