Arena Score Bug

Arena Score Bug

Postby Guilherme » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Today i went into the arena, and fought 3 times against the same person
i got 10 points from the first battle, but in the next two battles i got only one!
Shouldn't it be supposed to occur only in the 3rd battle instead of the 2nd one?

i think i was supposed to be with 1020 points now
Guilherme

Re: Arena Score Bug

Postby Albion » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:36 pm

I hope they get this fixed before the tourney ends. 8 points could make the difference between 1st and 2nd.
Albion

Postby admin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:30 am

It's intentional that you only get +1 after some fights so you don't farm against same player.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guilherme » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:05 am

admin wrote:It's intentional that you only get +1 after some fights so you don't farm against same player.

Yes, but don't it starts occuring at the 3rd battle? because it started happening in the second battle!
Guilherme

Postby admin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:49 am

It's probably because you attacked once before within the long cool-down period. We checked and tested the code and it's correct.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Albion » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:44 pm

I do not understand about "checked the code it is right". I've been in a arena quite a bit on and off and when two players who have done zero fights in arena that tourney pair off, it is 10 points gained and lost for 1st battle, 9 points gained and lost for 2nd battle, and 1 point gained and 8 points lost for the 3rd battle if the same person is victor each time.

I do not need to check code with the standings image below to know that Guilherme won 2 battles against Rayzzor and it is the only 2 battles either has had in this tourney. Therefore, whether the code checks out or not, you can see there is a problem. Guilherme should have been awarded +19 and Rayzzor -19. After the 3 rd battle they had since the below standings image was posted, Guilherme should be +20 and Rayzzor -27.
Albion

Postby Dark2Elf » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Just wait till macca has got his pieces, you are the only real people in there, everyone else is just 'helpers'.

You wont beat him in a fair fight. So the only option would be to see how many 'helpers' you both have either way you lose :p
Dark2Elf

Postby Albion » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:25 pm

I hardly think it is fair that our gal is expected to space out our winners when in the past people have arranged for ties by matching their fights exactly.

Personally, I love the deck fights of arena. In fact, I wish their could be an option for 4 vs 4 with 2 minute timer per turn so real strategizing could be done between team members. Unfortunately, arena has not worked out as it was conceived because there are not enough people playing it regularly. To know many ties were arranged within the arena in the past and not allow planned ties now is unfair to us latter players. I could understand if we were ruining arena for others trying to contend but nobody has been.
Albion

Postby Dark2Elf » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:29 am

There is nothing stopping you getting even scores, its even easier now you only have to do 10 fights. Even with the bug you can even things out if you know how the arena points work.

I would be happy to help if it wasn't for the child complaining about the arena (even though they never actually played after) and getting my alts banned.
Dark2Elf

Postby Guilherme » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:30 pm

admin wrote:It's probably because you attacked once before within the long cool-down period. We checked and tested the code and it's correct.

I am Sure you tested it, not complaning about you
But i am pretty sure the WoH is glitched some way!
i fought against someone today 4 times, First battle i got +1 (Shouldn't i be supposed to get +9?), second battle i got the timer!!!! and after i won it guess what? +9 points! and in the next 2 battles i got +1 and +1, respectively

Here is the img of the score

can you give a deeper look at it, admin, if possible?
Thank you!
Guilherme

Next

Return to Bug Reports