Questions

Re: Questions

Postby PieDaDDY » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Jennabation wrote:
PieDaDDY wrote:How does a person listed as RED to me with over 70mil army attack a person with 30mil army? Seems kind of unbalanced.

Players will sometimes intentionally de-power themselves by either de-equipping command equipment or destroying some army. After having "farmed" those with lower power, they power up again. Otherwise what may have happened is the 30m army player attacked the 70m army player a day or two ago when the 70m army player was lower in power [i.e. listed in yellow] and won. The 70m player now has the option of using the "revenge" button once he/she has powered up.

In the former case it's not a matter of balance; rather it is an unintended mechanic that certain players take advantage of. As the entire server continues to grow, it will become less of a problem, as attack ranges are calculated based off a percentage of your own power. Intentionally de-powering yourself will not necessarily work as well with a more mature server as the attacking player will find that he/she puts himself/herself at risk by de-powering.

The same goes for the latter case; large jumps in power will be less frequent, short of players who spend a couple hundred on Gold of course.

Thanks for the answer Jenna!
PieDaDDY

Postby vuduman78 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 am

Jennabation wrote:Unfortunately no. Luckily the game's decently balanced in that all four races are roughly equal in their potential. Your strategy simply has to differ with whatever race you're using. The only difference between the races are the max level a weapon can be researched to, with each race possessing one main weapon. Basically Missiles are accurate but weak, carrots less accurate but stronger, lasers even less accurate but even stronger, and biochem least accurate and strongest. Your play-style should revolve around either capitalizing on your racial strengths or making up for weaknesses, and finding the right balance between command/war points for your combat heroes, how many of what ship to assign to what hero, and what weapons/devices you put on your ships.

How is this viewed as even vaguely balanced? Take biochem vs laser weapons. Biochem has 10% more damage, 10% greater lethality, and only a 5% penalty. How is that even close to balanced? On devices you get hit chance, and damage at the exact same rate, as well as hit rating and lethality chance at the same rate. So for a 5% penalty, you get 20% additional benefit stats. I simply do not see how it is viewed as balanced. It takes 1 device to make up for the deficit that lasers have, and 2 devices to make up for the deficit lasers have. I just do not see how you can describe a 15 point difference as balanced. It becomes an issue of min/maxing, as every strategy game does. And Biochem is just so clearly ahead on the min/max issue.
vuduman78

Postby admin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

vuduman78m, you can't directly compare the stat difference amounts as the math is not that simple. The attack bonus difference looks big compare to accuracy, but since attack potential is actually (100 + attack bonus) * accuracy, biochem weapons actually has the lowest attack potential, though it has higher lethality to compensate for it.

For example, let's look at level 25 comparisons.
Missile at level 25: 195% attack bonus, 95% accuracy
Biochem at level 25: 225% attack bonus, 80% accuracy.
While it looks like 30% extra attack bonus is bigger than 15% accuracy bonus, it's not true. Let's take simple average of 100 hits.
Missile = (1 + 1.95) * 95 = 280.25
Biochem = (1 + 2.25) * 80 = 260
This is because the final attack power of biochem is not really 30% stronger the missile, it's only about 15% stronger (2.25 vs 1.95), and missile actually hits 19% more often than biochem (95 vs 80).
admin
Site Admin

Postby vuduman78 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:13 am

Thank you for the response. The question that remains then is, does accuracy beyond 100% become a damage boost? Or is it there to counteract things like dodge chance?
vuduman78

Postby Stan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Today I got a rather interesting notice. A window popped up under one of my heroes, proclaiming that I had the option to upgrade him to a "War Hero". Unfortunately, I clicked out before reading the message completely. This hero is not my strongest, nor the highest level, is only a green, why would HE be chosen to become a "War Hero"? Is it a random distinction? What exactly are the costs and benefits of doing this to your heroes?
Stan

Postby Zhan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 am

vuduman78 wrote:Thank you for the response. The question that remains then is, does accuracy beyond 100% become a damage boost? Or is it there to counteract things like dodge chance?

No damage boost. It's only to counteract dodge.
Zhan

Postby Zhan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:52 am

Stan wrote:Today I got a rather interesting notice. A window popped up under one of my heroes, proclaiming that I had the option to upgrade him to a "War Hero". Unfortunately, I clicked out before reading the message completely. This hero is not my strongest, nor the highest level, is only a green, why would HE be chosen to become a "War Hero"? Is it a random distinction? What exactly are the costs and benefits of doing this to your heroes?

You can do this to any of your heroes. Just click the square next to any of the stats to respec it to that stat. It's for it you want to change a hero's main stat.
Zhan

Postby Darth » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Zhan wrote:
Stan wrote:Today I got a rather interesting notice. A window popped up under one of my heroes, proclaiming that I had the option to upgrade him to a "War Hero". Unfortunately, I clicked out before reading the message completely. This hero is not my strongest, nor the highest level, is only a green, why would HE be chosen to become a "War Hero"? Is it a random distinction? What exactly are the costs and benefits of doing this to your heroes?

You can do this to any of your heroes. Just click the square next to any of the stats to respec it to that stat. It's for it you want to change a hero's main stat.

this will cost gold based on the level of the hero, just a FYI stan
The Crazy 1 eyed Demonic Vampire of Gate Destroyers (gds)
Fromally known as Deadpool currantly known as Weapon xXx in DreamWorld

Retired form Time World
Darth

Postby Zhao » Wed May 09, 2012 1:28 am

admin wrote:You can't directly compare the stat difference amounts as the math is not that simple. The attack bonus difference looks big compare to accuracy, but since attack potential is actually (100 + attack bonus) * accuracy, biochem weapons actually has the lowest attack potential, though it has higher lethality to compensate for it.

For example, let's look at level 25 comparisons.
Missile at level 25: 195% attack bonus, 95% accuracy
Biochem at level 25: 225% attack bonus, 80% accuracy.
While it looks like 30% extra attack bonus is bigger than 15% accuracy bonus, it's not true. Let's take simple average of 100 hits.
Missile = (1 + 1.95) * 95 = 280.25
Biochem = (1 + 2.25) * 80 = 260
This is because the final attack power of biochem is not really 30% stronger the missile, it's only about 15% stronger (2.25 vs 1.95), and missile actually hits 19% more often than biochem (95 vs 80).

How about Heroes's skill, Dev ?
If target device is negate by using dodge device, then with lv 3 hit skill +9% :
Missile = (1 + 1.95) * 100% = 280.25
Biochem = (1 + 2.25) * 89% = 289.25
The point is on the same hero, hit skill is less useful for missile, but biochem users and laser users gain much better advantage on it.

I don't know how avoid skill works, it is stack with dodge device or work alone.
And avoid skill is much more harder to get.
Zhao

Postby jreed » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 am

What are the defining factors that determine amount of exp when surrendering in WoH? For example I can surrender on both 4th and 5th planet and receive the same amount of exp. However higher level guild mates will get 2 to 2.5 times exp as me when they surrender. I get 80,000 , they get 200k. And its not because of a double XP Bonus because they actually get 400K with that :)
jreed

PreviousNext

Return to Questions