idea for new skill cards

idea for new skill cards

Postby Gizmet » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

so I'm not sure how far off the next big update is, but whenever that happens, I think the introduction of these three skill cards would be fairly neat:
1) fire weapon- (white) add 1 point of magic damage to target heroes weapon after crit or sneak attack with the "burn" ability (does 1 fire damage on the next turn)
(green) 2 points of damage
(blue) 3 points of damage and either 2 points of "burn" damage or 2 rounds of "burn" damage
(purple) 4 (maybe even 5) points of damage and either 2 rounds of 2 point "burn" or 4 rounds of regular burn

2)ice weapon- (white) add 1 point of magic damage to target heroes weapon after crit or sneak attack with snare ability (50% chance to freeze hero for one turn)
(blue) 3 points of damage and 75% chance to snare.
(purple) 4 or 5 points of damage and 100% chance to snare (maybe even a two round snare)

3)earth weapon- (white) add 1 point of physical damage (reduced by armor) to target heroes weapon after crit or sneak attack with stun ability (50% chance to stun for one turn)
(blue) 3 points and 75% chance to stun
(purple) 4 or 5 point and 100% chance to stun

The damage or proc chances for these could all be tweaked by the devs to be whatever they think would best suit the game (for example white could add no damage, just the weapon ability, and the upgrades could have similarly reduced damage). The damage should probably be consistently lower than any other skills of equivalent level, since the damage from these could go directly to the opposing player if they were played on a hero who was about to hit the opponent. And in case it doesn't go without saying, these would all be single round boosts (although maybe blue or purple versions could extend that to two rounds). And they would stack. The "physical damage" aspect of the earth weapon, I feel, is important since a stun is better than a freeze, but maybe that could be compensated for by the stun having a lower proc chance, or the freeze having a longer duration.
But that's an idea I had. Maybe a good one, maybe a bad one. I'd love to hear what anyone thinks of it.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Return to General Discussions