Combine / Merge Galaxies

Combine / Merge Galaxies

Postby snowus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi
With all the small Galaxies in Time World why cant many of these be combined/merged to Form several Galaxies that would have 30+ members?

There are over 330+ Galaxies but over 310+ of them with 1-10 members in them.

If the Admin merged many of these small Gals it just might spark more interest and participation from many more members in this game.

Of course they would have to Vote on New Leader/Vices but a simple Form Email stating how to do this would help.

The bigger the Galaxies increases the number members that could possibly be on line at the same time. More members on line can lead to more chat, more chat can lead to more interest.

Time World has very little chance to have any of these small Galaxies progress get to Level 3 Base and ( Buy Gold/Skill Cards/Vip), but if you forced a merge or combined many of these Gals the chances would go up.

What would you have to lose as the Administrator of Time World I cant see anything from our end of course thats not knowing how everything works.You are not gaining anything from these Gals/members as it sits right now .Merging some of these Gals just might be what is needed to gain some more interest.

Just a thought on something to consider.
snowus

Re: Combine / Merge Galaxies

Postby Gizmet » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:39 pm

I somewhat agree. New players who find themselves in 10 player galaxies that don't even get to participate in pillar wars are certainly less likely to continue playing than ones who find themselves in more active galaxies (or at least galaxies with more players).
But I don't think galaxies with base level three should be merged together (i.e. only 1 base level 3 galaxy in each merge group). Then leadership just sticks with galaxy leaders who've already taken the time to get their base level to 3. And I think it'd be too late for most of the players languishing in 10 player galaxies, anyway. I'd wager that in 70% of those galaxies none of the players are still active in any way, so you'd really just be plopping a bunch of "players" who haven't logged on in months into galaxies with active players. Also, I don't think being a locked galaxy should be protection against having a smaller galaxy merged into yours.
In any case, I think this might already happen. I know at some point a few weeks back we had another galaxy merged into ours. Whether this was done by administrators, or through negotiations between our galaxy leader and the smaller galaxy's leader, I'm not sure. If it was the later, then the apparatus for merging is already there and I don't see any reason to force that kind of thing onto players.
I'd suggest, instead, that new players just get placed in a galaxy with level 3 base building when they get that first random galaxy placement.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby snowus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

This game also could use something that will give the higher Power Members something to shoot for!!

In numerous cases a lot of them have reached the Top at most levels for Buildings, Gear, and even Planets in some cases.

You can see a decline here and Im sure there is a decline in Kong as well.

I still think for us here on FB that a forced merge of the small Gals into Base Level 3 Galaxies might help this game in the long run.

There are numerous Base Level 3 Gals and all of them could use some infusion of New Members to keep them afloat.

Its still no guarantee that this will solve the overall problem I know that.

At the very least what can the Admin lose from trying this? You currently get nothing or next to nothing from the members outside of the Base Level 3 Gals so merging them just might get more members involved and in the end a chance to sell more Gold.

Just My .02$
snowus

Postby Gizmet » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah, merging galaxies probably couldn't hurt. But for a massive merge, I think even locked galaxies should absorb some of the low level galaxies. But I think getting more galaxies/ overall number of players that are active would work better at getting new players to stay interested than trying to get players who've already quit to start playing again. I agree with the goal of getting more players involved, I just think a better approach would be to start new players in galaxies with level 3 base buildings.
But really, there's no reason not to do both.
As for giving higher power members something to shoot for, I feel that having more storyline/ new planets would be nice. I think it'd be kind of neat if at some point, you made a choice in the storyline, or if they added a new building for P8. I actually have an idea involving both of those:
When you discover the eigth planet, it's actually two planets in a "binary orbit" or some similar sci-fi thing. So you need to decide which one to conquer for a base of operations (because you only have the resources to maintain a base on one of the two planets).
One gives you the ability to build a "seige engine" which can be leveled up to the level of your shipyard. It's basically an emplacement you use when attacking. It only comes in to play when you attack another player with 8 or more planets. The other planet gives you the ability to build a "fortification" which can be leveled up to the level of your emplacement. In it, you develop techs that give your emplacement skills like "multiple", "triple", "crit", and "attack up" at 1 actual level for every 10 levels the techs been develepoed. Possibly include the same techs in a seige engine as well. Possibly, after a few more chapters, you conquer the other planet, too. Then that's two new planets, each with the first ever new buildings. I think that would give higher power players something to shoot for.
Anyways, apologies for the legnthy tangent. But, basically, I just meant to say, I agree about merging galaxies, but I think starting new players in galaxies with base level 3 would be a more effective means to increasing new player activity.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby Brett » Sat May 03, 2014 12:33 pm

They could solve this easily by deleting accounts that have no activity for 60 days or more. Half of those galaxies would just disappear anyways
Brett

Postby Talon Lake » Tue May 06, 2014 2:20 am

Brett wrote:They could solve this easily by deleting accounts that have no activity for 60 days or more. Half of those galaxies would just disappear anyways

I agree, but only if the person has not progressed past chapter 7 or donated... Maybe something like that. I recently came back after an over 60 day period of not playing and have 6 planets, would not have been pleased to have been deleted.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Gizmet » Tue May 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Don't delete, just remove. When you return, you'll have no galaxy and all you have to do is re-join your old galaxy.
Gizmet

Return to General Discussions