lethality

lethality

Postby averycardoza » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:33 pm

theres been some debate in guild about what lethality actually does in battle. does this have no affect in battle for who wins or loses and only affects the end part where you can repair ships or not. or does this actually destroy more ships during battle(instance youd normaly destory 10 but lethality kicks in and you destory 15 instead affecting if you win or lose). thank you for your comments
averycardoza

Re: lethality

Postby Zhan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Lethality has absolutely no effect on wins or losses.
Lethality only determines the ratio of repaired/destroyed ships after the battle is over.

Its use is questionable. Some like to use it as a deterrent to make attacking them too costly.
Personally, I try to attack people with high lethality. It kills more ships, which mean more rebuilding exp for me. Of course, this only works if you have large reserves.
Zhan

Postby averycardoza » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:52 pm

awesome thank you for your reply. now with the way some think could i still get a few more others to reply, cuz sometimes 1 persons "opinion" isn't enough. basicly more proof
averycardoza

Postby Zhan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Haha right. Well:
FACTS
Zhan wrote:Lethality has absolutely no effect on wins or losses.
Lethality only determines the ratio of repaired/destroyed ships after the battle is over.

OPINION
Its use is questionable. Some like to use it as a deterrent to make attacking them too costly.
Personally, I try to attack people with high lethality. It kills more ships, which mean more rebuilding exp for me. Of course, this only works if you have large reserves.
Zhan

Postby vuduman78 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 pm

averycardoza wrote:awesome thank you for your reply. now with the way some think could i still get a few more others to reply, cuz sometimes 1 persons "opinion" isn't enough. basicly more proof

There is no discussion to be had. You asked, where answered. Stupid people saying shit like this, is why I rarely explain shit to people. How something is calculated is not an opinion.
vuduman78

Postby averycardoza » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:20 am

yes i know but 1 person saying this is how it works doesnt technically make it true regardless of how much its been tested/etc. dont get me wrong i was pretty certian that is what lethality did. and with some people that 1 person just saying that is how it works isnt enough proof since there was no actual facts proving the statement, whereas if more people agreed with the statement then it would become more fact. i was just trying to avoid an "thats just 1 person, doesnt mean hes right" type of thang.
averycardoza

Postby Zhao » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 am

Lethality is the ability to "completely" destroying your opponent ships.
Lethality DID NOT give an advantage in the battle.

Tips : You gained better resources bonus when someone attacking you and lost many ships (+50% of the destroyed ships) ;)

Suggestion :
1. Increase resources bonus from destroyed ships when attacking too
2. Add the destroyed ships as a part to determine the winner in the battle

but i doubt this is will be realized, Biochem users will gain too much advantage :cry:
Zhao

Return to General Discussions