Treasure game

Treasure game

Postby Gizmet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:34 pm

1st off, I'd like to say I LOVE the new treasure game. Finally a way to accumulate coupons that's not tied so closely to which galaxy you're in! Hopefully, this will allow more mid-to-top players to branch out and help other galaxies to grow or start their own galaxies (and enough active galaxies to keep pillars claimed is something we desperately need). And 100 coupons per pillar hit certainly helps as well.
But it seems like if your computer's not fast enough, there's not enough time to get the 8-10% coverage for the 50% bonus. Maybe it's just 'cause I haven't had the practice to get every explore click timed just right, but on my regular notebook, it seems like I can only uncover 1 tile every 2-3 sec for 10-15 tiles in the 30 second time limit, which is just shy, but consistently shy of the 18-23 tiles needed to get your share of the 50% needed for the bonus.
What are the odds you could extend the time limit to 35-40 seconds to help out those of us without the fastest computers?
Either way, game's still great, and like I said, it might be a thing where I haven't quite mastered the timing for maximum exploration speed.

Related note, quick info on the numbers of the treasure game for those who are interested. 15x15 board for 225 tiles. So 113 needed for 50%. With 5 players, that's 22-23 tiles per player and with 6, it's 18-19 tiles per player. If you're going for the bonus make sure you've got enough detectors (If your creds are limited, you can prolly go with mostly 20k detectors, but I'd recommend at least 3-6 120k detectors for those spots where a simple one just won't do it).

If you're really shy on cred, you can just play the 3 free entrys a day, pick no tiles, and save up the free basic detectors over a few days to a couple weeks to get enough for a real run at 50% (I'd still recommend picking up at least 1-3 120k detectors for those tricky spots for the real run).
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Re: Treasure game

Postby Gizmet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:49 pm

also, while I'm on the topic, I don't suppose you'd be willing to make advanced treasure detectors available for something like 40k coupons, would you?
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby Darkonne » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:07 am

The 'Hi-Tech Treasure Detectors' should be available for something besides gold. However, I am not saying to remove the gold option, because I know that is what was put in place. Yet while in-game, if no one has gold, and the 1st or 2nd person 'paints himself into a corner', it screws over the rest of the group. While in-game each person should be given a chance to get one 'Hi-Tech Treasure Detector' for an increased resource value. It will prevent multiple buys from pregame, and will help prevent instances like this from happening. One such game happened today, with 6 people, 12% completion, 4 people unable to move. This type of situation needs to be changed.
Darkonne

Postby Relevant Wing » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Yeah definately sucks when the entire round is wasted, even if its limit 1 per day or something
It'll take a miracle for you, but I can handle it.
Relevant Wing

Postby Gizmet » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Also, I've seen a couple advanced detector prizes in my groups, and they really seem kinda' crappy for a detector that you have to spend gold on. Like it should be 1 mil ore, cred or 500k energy (I may be mistaken, but I believe 100k was the ore reward I saw). And throw in some upgrade books, magic books, and the occasional royal box (honestly, maybe not even bother with resource prizes or non-gold crystals and have magic book be bottom of the advanced detector barrel). As it stands, the only prize that's worth the gold that can be gotten with advanced detector is gold crystal, and it seems more a bargain to just invest credits in intermediate detectors.
If advanced detectors actually got truly premium prizes, more players who buy gold would spend it on them, which would at least occasionally help with the getting stuck 'cause of the no advanced detectors problem.
But with the prizes where they're at, the only real reason to have advanced detector would be to get unstuck in an emergency. So really, they should either be coupon buyable or have significantly better prizes.
Gizmet

Postby snowus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:02 pm

I would tend agree with Gizmet that the FB Server is not as fast as others.

Im on fastest Comcast Connection and a very fast computer and yet I am around they same level Totals as most in TW
15-20 is the most I have seen with darn near everyone in TW even less with those less fortunate to have good connections.
I know its a different Server for Kong and they get 25-30 with some of there members on Kong.
I have tried everything to open the fields faster.

1. No other Windows Opened
2. Affects all turned off in TW
3. Speed up the mouse clicks
4. Fresh Defrag, No Spybots etc etc etc.

Numerous other things and nothing seems to speed up the time it takes to open cornfieilds!!!

What would it hurt to add more time to TW?
The only it changes is we spend more Credits or for the more fortunate ones more Gold.
snowus

Postby DeadPool83 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:15 pm

for treasure i get a lot of variety in speeds...

sometimes up to 32 squares, then very next run, for no apparent reason,i lag and drop to about 20.
its really not constant... and very annoying.

before starting treasure, to have a chance at fast speed, i must do the following;
Clear browser history/cache (cookies, temp files, etc)
load TW,
turn off effects, sound, music
refresh page,
Then i can go to treasure.

Only method i find that works so i can have a good chance at reaching my maximum of 30-32 squares discovered.
DeadPool83

Postby miplet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:03 am

I've been collecting Treasure Hunt data. Here are the results so far:
Code: Select all
All         Golden Purple Blue Green Yellow Coupon Credits Ore Energy
Ordinary    0      0      153  435   462    267    521     548 558
Flourishing 2      202    406  360   363    641    206     188 213
Mysterious  0      2      3    1     0      0      0       0   0

Here is a text file with the same data. You can paste the raw data text ( copy and paste the
[[Miplet] acquired Coupon X1000 from Flourishing Deserted Cornfield Panel!
[Miplet] acquired Purple crystal X1 from Flourishing Deserted Cornfield Panel!
[Miplet] acquired Blue crystal X1 from Flourishing Deserted Cornfield Panel!
lines) here and get your own formatted data.
Miplet - GM of PBJ, Vice of Hitchhikers (g42) aka Adam R Cohen on facebook.
miplet

Postby DonnaNoble » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:01 pm

So frustrating to sit & watch the little swirling "loading" all the while the timer continues! I only did 1 panel on my first hunt today and 7 on my last - the middle one was 20 something. I know it is NOT my laptop nor internet connection. Really you need to do something about this - especially since this was your big new expansion - I don't even bother doing them with a team - it always slows me down.
DonnaNoble

Return to General Discussions