Hero Intelligence

Hero Intelligence

Postby DGblitz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Was just wondering if there's any chance of increasing the AI intelligence for these new pirate raids? Specially for heroes you play. I don't mean to complain, but there's no competent strategy to be found currently from them. I had a hero down, with 1 health left. There's an enemy directly in front, poised to kill him, but a single attack would slay said enemy. Behind the enemy, the enemy pirate, close to defeat. There's also an enemy diagonally to the rear, at full health. Rather than kill the enemy in front, and march to attack, the hero wastes a swing at the enemy diagonally to the rear, doing nothing of value, then is killed, and it turns out I end up losing, instead of winning in two turns.

Will there be a better AI system implemented? If not, what are the odds of manual control during the raid? Currently it's akin to a chess game, minus any ability to strategize aside from saving heroes, and spam summoning them out all at once. The real decider of a battle is power numbers, and you may as well stick it on auto for all the real control you get. With a better intelligence behind the wheel, so to speak, personal strategy would play a better part, which I think would increase interest and appeal in it, aside from just an easy way to get experience in the form of an odd minigame.
DGblitz

Re: Hero Intelligence

Postby Thomas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 pm

The AI is set up to attack the enemy that is closest to your Hero. so seeing as how you know that information you can come up with a strategy on how to place your heroes, Or also if you had your Knight and the enemy was one spot behind, Then you would know to summon pretty much any other hero type behind said Knight so it would attack the enemy in front of the Knight while the knight attacked the one behind it. Yes there could be better ways, But then again maybe not. If the AI was set up to attack the lowest hp then sometimes a knights attack will be useless if said enemy has Heavy Armor skill. Also if we got to choose how they attacked and where, I think the Hero battles will become MUCH easier. With us not having FULL control it makes it more difficult because of the unknowns.
Thomas

Postby Darth » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:42 pm

it's not a Knight that has "vigilance" its Paladins and Guardians that have the skill "vigilance" that allows the attacking in other rows and behind.

Side note use staff heroes against heavy armor classes like Priest, Shaman, Seer, and Adepts, there are some gun classes like that have the attack power to over come some of the heavy armors defense, Gun Classes like sniper can ignore heavy armor...

All this knowledge is needed when you place hero cards on the field... as it will lead you to come up with a game plan
The Crazy 1 eyed Demonic Vampire of Gate Destroyers (gds)
Fromally known as Deadpool currantly known as Weapon xXx in DreamWorld

Retired form Time World
Darth

Postby Bramble Thorn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm

When a Paladin/Guardian has several targets right next to him, and he attacks one he CANNOT damage when there was another he could have damaged, that is a problem. The "Vigilance" special needs to include the ability to use your eyes, and SKIP the Dinos you cannot damage for targets you can. If there is a green dino one row up and in front of you, and a red dino one row down and in front of you, and the dino has 4 armor, you should be attacking the equally close red dino, like someone with an actual brain.
Bramble Thorn

Postby Zhao » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:04 pm

The mechanic of the game, the action order is the farthest row, top column first and then bottom column, followed by closer row.
Probably the green dino is at top column and the red is at the bottom column, so your paladin / guardian attacking the green first, Bramble.

A.I. using simple logic in the battle, you need to observe the game play by yourself and find out best strategy with your deck (though this is limited becoz of thats hard to get certain hero class). The advantage of this simple A.I. is easier to defeat them on pirate or summoner raid.
Zhao

Postby Bramble Thorn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:07 am

I know how the vigilance order of attack works. I am saying that since they changed it so the the summoner will not waste a punch where it has no effect, They need to make the Paladin not waste an attack where it has no effect. So that if the enemies Armor equal or exceed the heroes base attack, it needs to go to the next valid target that does not require movement.

If the devs keep making the Summoner harder (having Burn and Poison stack hurts more than it helps you, since the Poison effect can be used multiple times by One hero, and is summoner only, but a burn is one per card only)
they can make OUR heroes less stupid to compensate.
Bramble Thorn

Postby vuduman78 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:47 am

Vigilance is a double edged sword, and I think it is meant to be so. Those are the only heroes that can save you when an enemy is on top of you, but other than that they take for ever to cross the board, and often clog up the works. If they were too intelligent on their own, they would simply be the best units available. As it is, any intelligence for units with vigilance have to come from the player.

*Gasp* I know expecting you to know what will be the results and potential future results from all your actions IS quite ghastly, but it also serves as a function to separate the wheat from the chaff.
vuduman78

Return to General Discussions