Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Postby DGblitz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 am

Was just thinking on it, and I've noticed to anyone with a decent number of cards, sudden death kicks in while still drawing. I had managed to run a raid enemy out of cards, and my heroes were crossing the field, a guaranteed win, a legitimate strategy.....and then the sudden death kicks in, defeating me. Just a thought, but maybe it shouldn't kick in until all involved in a fight are out of cards? I mean, don't get me wrong, as is it certainly benefits the ai, who always seems to get it cards/heroes out in a swift and efficient manner, but for those of us who have long wait times to summon, drawing the battle out is a legit strategy, one countered by an oversight.

The sudden death seems a way to finish a fight, especially if say both the player and ai are out of heroes, but in that case, it should be activated when needed, when out of heroes/cards, not just set at a round randomly chosen.
DGblitz

Re: Sudden Death

Postby Zhao » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Sudden Death
After round 18, both you and your opponent will lose 1 HP in each round until the battle over.
Zhao

Postby DGblitz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:03 pm

...Yes, I read the info on it as well, before I even posted. Merely pointing out it wouldn't hurt to consider revising when it kicked in.
DGblitz

Postby vuduman78 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 am

This benefits the player much MUCH more than the AI. I wish it kicked in at round 10. Especially against the summoner.
vuduman78

Postby Darth » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:25 am

DGblitz wrote: but maybe it shouldn't kick in until all involved in a fight are out of cards?

some people have way more cards then others (i'm one of them said people with a lot of cards as i have NEVER ran out of cards and I have went in into round 30+). So with that idea i would have never went to Overtime (OT) or as you called it sudden death. We won the battle (hard summoner) as we had 6 or 7 priest and some palidians on field plus a lot of other cards and where able to out last in the OT do to the healers on field healing the other cards and heal there card holders avatar every round.

i personally think round 18 is kind of an unusual number thou for OT to kick in to me round 20 would make a bit more since
The Crazy 1 eyed Demonic Vampire of Gate Destroyers (gds)
Fromally known as Deadpool currantly known as Weapon xXx in DreamWorld

Retired form Time World
Darth

Postby Talon Lake » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 am

I believe it was chosen for the average player to kick in when they run out of cards, 8 heroes (3 from adding friends and 5 normal) with 9 max spell cards.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Darth » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Talon Lake wrote:I believe it was chosen for the average player to kick in when they run out of cards, 8 heroes (3 from adding friends and 5 normal) with 9 max spell cards.

i'll break this down, and point out another flaw If that is put in to play too DGblitz, the point is you would be in overtime before even round 18 as of you start with 8 hero cards and 4 starter skills you only have 12 cards. you start the game with 2 cards in hand and pull 1 on every turn.. Thus after the 1st turn your deck is already at 9 cards, so by round 10 you can have all cards drawn from your deck and taking that the last card is a 4 turn cool down you could place on the 14th round. 4 rounds before over time even kicks in thus you would say to change OT to round 15ish round for them players, that is not is looking good at all for them as its now a penalty to the newer and lower advanced players.

The point is round 18 all by it an odd number but does make some since as if you make the 5 more skill card to have the 9 skill cards plus your 8 normal friend unlocked heros you have 17 card thus by round 18 you can have all cards placed... and that is why it is 18... like Talon Lake is saying its based off the average players deck size that has not unlocked any more out of the 30 hero slots.
The Crazy 1 eyed Demonic Vampire of Gate Destroyers (gds)
Fromally known as Deadpool currantly known as Weapon xXx in DreamWorld

Retired form Time World
Darth

Return to General Discussions