New Arena rules/suggestions

Re: New Arena rules/suggestions

Postby Thomas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Your reply to them was about testing out cards and teaching your galaxy ways to play. Their reply was to the abuse system that is going on. So no you are incorrect in your statement that you were using before and I corrected what you should have been replying about. I know you have a problem with me Yom but that doesn't excuse you from actually reading things and understanding the problem.

Also my post was to clarify EXACTLY what is going on so you don't assume its something completely different.
Thomas

Postby Talon Lake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm

By the way, the arena is NOT random.
If 2 people are queued they instantly fight, it doesn't "stock up" :P
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Thomas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

What I mean by random is a random person, You click que and go into a battle, without knowing who your gonna fight. Where as those abuseing the system time it right to fight each other to get points.
Thomas

Postby Shiro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:50 pm

First of all I'd like to clarify the definition of the word "cheating"
There is no set definition. Even in the dictionary the definition is written by a person. So we are never going to have the exact same view on what we consider what is cheating or not. So this argument is void and it has little to do with the actual topic. Now let it drop already -_- (yes I'm talking to you too Zhao)
If there's a problem the devs will sort it out now quit acting like a bunch of children who just got told they can't eat ice cream in the morning. I know better than to whine continuously about the arena and I'm in high school! Yes it's unfair but that's life! What's ever fair about life? Suck it up and move on. It's just a game and we've got better things to do than argue with each other

Edit: I can't help it but I'm a G9 member so I have to defend my galaxy. Marvin you blame us for giving our points away to our galaxy members to help them rank higher and Talon you seem to have singled out 2 of our members especially. Now tell me, if it was any other galaxy can you vouch that they wouldn't do the same thing? I'm pretty sure that there's at least 1 person in your own galaxy who has given points away to another galaxy mate so before you start accusing us of something consider your own galaxy first. (no offense meant I just can't bear to hear people badmouthing and insulting my galaxy) I feel like a hypocrite now lol telling people to stop arguing then arguing myself xD
Shiro

Postby Talon Lake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Shiro wrote:
Edit: I can't help it but I'm a G9 member so I have to defend my galaxy. Marvin you blame us for giving our points away to our galaxy members to help them rank higher and Talon you seem to have singled out 2 of our members especially. Now tell me, if it was any other galaxy can you vouch that they wouldn't do the same thing? I'm pretty sure that there's at least 1 person in your own galaxy who has given points away to another galaxy mate so before you start accusing us of something consider your own galaxy first. (no offense meant I just can't bear to hear people badmouthing and insulting my galaxy) I feel like a hypocrite now lol telling people to stop arguing then arguing myself xD

Actually, I am usually the only member in my galaxy who even touches the arena.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Shiro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Talon Lake wrote:
Shiro wrote:

Actually, I am usually the only member in my galaxy who even touches the arena.

Nonetheless it's not fair to us that the only galaxy we hear being complained about is G9. Everywhere we turn it's always "G9 this"or "G9 that" it's like we're the scapegoats for everyone's problems in this game. Sure there's a reason why everyone blames us but we're not the bane of everyone's existence in TW. And you have absolutely no right in pointing out Thanh and Grin especially. You have no right in judging them for playing the way they do. If you have to point someone out please refrain from using actual names. Besides if your galaxy mates did participate in the arena can you say for sure that there wouldn't even be 1 time where you would be tempted to help out a galaxy member or ask them to help you get more points?

I'm just ranting now and getting this thread even more offtopic :'(
I'm just gonna stop posting T__T
Shiro

Postby Thomas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Sorry Shiro but saying that you know someone in a persons galaxy is doing the same thing, Then when the person says hes the only person in that galaxy that par takes in Arena, To turn around and say well you would probably do it to then. Is kinda sad(for lack of a better term atm). That right their proves that all you had was a false accusation. The fact that he would think about it has no significance, The fact is that people ARE doing it. In MMO's where buying currency is bannable, You don't get banned for THINKING about buying currency, You get banned for actually buying it.

Like I said in my 1st post, I understand you defending your galaxy, Tho the next problem is. If you joined up with a group in RL and you fit in but then find out they are commiting horrendous acts, Would you stay with them just cuz its your group?? Yes I know its a bit different but the same principal applies for standing up for your own galaxy.

First of all I'd like to clarify the definition of the word "cheating"
There is no set definition. Even in the dictionary the definition is written by a person. So we are never going to have the exact same view on what we consider what is cheating or not

About your cheating statement, Your right but the thing about it is. Regardless of what its called when your actions are negatively affecting other people then its usually a bad thing to be doing.

Now tell me, if it was any other galaxy can you vouch that they wouldn't do the same thing?

Umm there are 187 other galaxies in the game...There are plenty of "other" galaxies that can do it as well but don't. Out of that many I'm sure theres probably a couple more who are flying under the radar atm.

Nonetheless it's not fair to us that the only galaxy we hear being complained about is G9

I haven't heard much about G9 cheating/abuseing/or whatever before this problem in WoH. Granted I'm only 1 person here but otherwise. Also this problem is preventing alot of people from being able to rank legitly, where as any galaxy that is flying under the radar atm aren't preventing enough people from ranking.
Thomas

Postby Mike_Valle » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Ok, this got blown way out of control... When i made my first post , out of habit, i posted the cause for why i posted, and that being what i saw G9 doing... I then went and stated i dont want any1 getting in trouble or anything, just the devs to fix the flaws in their game...

The fact that this has over 20 post of people arguing/defending themselves from what is obvious for every1 to see is stupid...
Also, Talon u should not have posted any1's names on who is (or being accused of) doing the "cheating" considering the original poster (me) stated this post wasnt to get any1 in trouble, therefor if u wanted to attack those two members of the game make your own post... (even if u are taking my side, still didnt like that post)

SO.. can we end this and just let the Dev/admins decide if they want to stop the boosting and change the way the arena works. If they decide not to then slowly the arena will die out do to no1 wanting to play when they no even when they should/could have a chance they will just be bumped out last second...

(i hope i made some sense in all this being the fact ive been up for to long today with almost no sleep...)
~~Mike.
Mike_Valle

Postby ava » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 am

Some people seem to feel that something that doesn't go their way in a game is "cheating".

Playing the game differently in the way YOU play it, doesn't mean it's "cheating". Here are the definitions of the verb, just so that people remember the correct use of the word.

to defraud; swindle: He cheated her out of her inheritance.
to deceive; influence by fraud: He cheated us into believing him a hero.
to elude; deprive of something expected: He cheated the law by suicide.

verb (used without object)
to practice fraud or deceit: She cheats without regrets.
to violate rules or regulations: He cheats at cards.
to take an examination or test in a dishonest way, as by improper access to answers.
Informal . to be sexually unfaithful (often followed by on ): Her husband knew she had been cheating all along. He cheated on his wife.

No one is deceiving anyone, no one is violating any rules or regulations and no one is defrauding. Everyone is playing by EXACTLY the same rules.

In summary, if the devs wish to change the game's balance, excellent. And if we want to suggest something that seems unfair to us, fine.

Just quit it with the accusations because you can't keep up with a stronger player or team, or a galaxy that works well together. It's really childish and makes you look like a whiner, especially if you've spent a great deal of money on this game and can attack people much less strong than you (and do so repeatedly). THAT is "unfair" and you don't hear us non-cash players starting a thread naming names and making accusations.

Now let's get back to playing the game without whining, and letting the devs decide what is cheating or unfair. Let's let them do their job....

~ava
ava

Postby Thomas » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 am

5. to violate rules or regulations: He cheats at cards.

** Prizes are mailed to the winners when the tournament ends. Anyone found abusing/cheating in the tournament will have their account suspended or banned.

Maybe its not cheating, Imo it isn't cheating. What it is, Is abuse of the system. 1v1 tournaments aren't for people to lose on purpose, Have you seen any tournaments?? In 2v2 tournament your suppose to work with your partner, in 3v3 your suppose to work with your 2 partners. The system is designed to be a tournament. Also nice way to only single me out, But the problem is this problem is causeing other players problems besides me(Who are non cash shop players), Sorry but useing that as an arguement is flawed.

P.S. Thank you all from G9 that has posted and verified that you are actually abuseing this system with what you call "team work" in a 1v1 tournament.

P.P.S. I think the way to stop the abuse is to make it to where Galaxy mates can not fight each other in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, They can party up for 2v2 and 3v3. But with that it'd be cool to add in a free play 1v1 arena, So that way we can still fight our Galaxy mates, Or anyone else for fun, to test out decks, etc. With Free play could be no cost/no reward, Or keep it the same with 1 AP/EXP and/or Gems After that is implemented then the next problem would be the Alts, I can potentialy see someone getting a person from a different Galaxy to boost them, But also would see it being a bit more difficult to opperate/set up/keep going.
Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions