Defending

Defending

Postby Coolguykev » Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Trying to figure out a strategy that works ok for defending. Doesn't seem to be very easy to do because of the advantages given to the attacker. But I'm curious-who seems to give you the most trouble when you attack them? For instance, for some reason Voss gives me a very tough time with his setup. Anyone give you guys headaches?
Coolguykev

Re: Defending

Postby Talon Lake » Mon May 27, 2013 2:09 am

Voss is the only player I cannot beat, its a very smart setup. The double heal, for most they cannot kill a monster first round. I can take out 1 but the second heal still gets me. >_<

I have an idea for defense/attacks.. However it will be weeks to months before I can get the group assembled, Finding purples is difficult..
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Coolguykev » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:34 am

Defense is so hard but I'm trying to get my defense up. I'd love to see pet food taken out of the arena to reduce some of the advantage attackers get. Being able to move pets around is a big enough advantage.
Coolguykev

Postby Coolguykev » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Talon-I hate your mica in the middle. He's tough to get around. With all due respect. :D

Also, I've gotten to where I don't lose in arena anymore. I just want to figure out how to defend effectively which isn't easy. Attackers have such an advantage.
Coolguykev

Postby admin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:20 am

We are going to patch the server soon so the defender might automatically apply a free battle buff depending on attacker's pvp rank:

rank 1-10: 20% HP buff
rank 11-100: 10% HP buff
rank 100+: No buff

This should make fights at the top more balanced by allowing defenders to offset their tactical disadvantage, and make those fights a bit more interesting.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Coolguykev » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:46 am

Ah, that's very good news. We'll have to see if it ends up making a difference. I'd also like to be able to watch replays of my team defending, and also get a notification when someone attacks me and then if they won or not. Is something like this in the works? Seems fairly basic, and there's already a mechanism in the achievements announcements box that would work until a better messaging system could be implemented. What do you think, Admin?
Coolguykev

Postby admin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:22 am

Coolguykev wrote:Ah, that's very good news. We'll have to see if it ends up making a difference. I'd also like to be able to watch replays of my team defending, and also get a notification when someone attacks me and then if they won or not. Is something like this in the works? Seems fairly basic, and there's already a mechanism in the achievements announcements box that would work until a better messaging system could be implemented. What do you think, Admin?

We may consider add this kind of notice after the planned change (which should be deployed in the next 24 hours), assuming we are able to balance out the fight enough - right it's too lopsided in favor of the attacker to add such notifications. One concern is that this type of notification mechanism usually includes a "revenge" button, which doesn't really fit into the Arena system.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Coolguykev » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Has this gone into effect? Any progress on the fight notification and replay? I think those two would be awesome to have even without a revenge feature. I agree revenge doesn't fit in the current arena scheme.
Coolguykev

Postby admin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:27 am

The buff effect should be now enabled. We need to first make sure it's no longer fully lopsided toward the attacker before adding the notification, and we would need to figure out to how to add the notification without causing too much spam notices (because there will be quite good amount generated).
admin
Site Admin

Postby poop » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 am

I've just read this string properly..... Does this mean you can lose points without even attacking anyone in the arena?
poop

Next

Return to Dragon Tear Discussion