Dragon Tear enhancements?

Dragon Tear enhancements?

Postby Coolguykev » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Admin,
Are there any upcoming enhancements or upgrades we can look forward to in Dragon Tear?
I think we've identified a fairly significant ceiling in this game and without some evolution, I expect more veteran players to leave for other games.
For instance - I've created a team that is virtually unstoppable, so much so that there are other players adopting my lineup. This lineup when pitted against each other (as seen in this week's Arena with myself and Armageddon, who has stolen my team lineup and is using it daily) is a complete stalemate. There are times when one or the other gets lucky with the number of combos that fire, but overall it's neck and neck with each winning every time when attacking. My current setup never loses, and only occassionally puts up enough of a defense to hold off someone with a similar setup. I would suggest consideration of a nerf of some pets to allow people to try different setups. But as long as the pets stay the way they are currently (same abilities, etc.) with no new pets on the way, there's no better team than what I'm currently using. (And I've tried many, many combinations of physical and magic pets, with and without combos since I have them all...)

In all likelihood, without any forthcoming changes, this is my very last Arena week playing Dragon Tear. :cry:

If anyone would like to know my setup (that's being mimic'd throughout the game by others), please PM me and I'll send you all the details. I can honestly see a situation where every person uses this setup and the Arena devolves to pure luck on who is standing at the top in the end. (Not really a game I want to play...)
Coolguykev

Re: Dragon Tear enhancements?

Postby Talon Lake » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:06 pm

I had an idea for a line-up that could possibly beat this. Acquiring the pets however is extremely difficult.. 4 zappies 1 caspy or whatever they are called, for the electric current combo... 20% chance to go off per special attack.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Coolguykev » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:13 pm

I tried that actually. It doesn't work because of the dissipating rage from the parrots. Heck, the parrots lay waste to the zappies - they have no staying power.
Coolguykev

Postby Coolguykev » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Thing is - I see Armageddon lose to my defending pets sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. I think I've lost to his pets once in the last few weeks and that one time was because I messed up my lineup. I've tried not to repeat the same mistake since. :D

The only way to beat this lineup is with a very similar line up. I think cannon kongs are significantly overpowered in this game. They do the highest physical damage of any pet in the game and ignore most of the opponents defense. That's a tad ridiculous. There is no magic pet that ignores an opponent's spirit, so it seems imbalanced.

The game needs to evolve, and new pets need to be introduced (stronger than what is there now.)
Coolguykev

Postby armageddon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:13 pm

First of all, i do acknowledge that u found a dominant lineup given the current status of the game.

Second, if you are really thinking of what the game would be like when it evolves to a state where all top players can beat each other, it's not a just game of luck, but a game of effort. If you are willing to fight one top ranked player and refresh every hour, you will score higher than others who battle with all five opponents to get the bonus chest.

Third, if you ever notice that my current lineup pets didn't fully grow up until this week, I've also only lost to u once in the past week, with my lineup accidently messed up. and fyi, if that doesn't happen i can beat u everytime regardless of the combo rolls. so don't use that as an excuse of losing, as it happens to everyone.

Fourth, it was a pretty cowardly move to take advantage of the power filter and use a one pet lineup to dodge attack from me. we could have broken Infernal's weekly tournament score record of 1901.

And last, as I had expressed this looooooooooooong time ago, it was the pointless power filter that screwed up randomness in the arena's opponent draw in the first place. without the power filter, i.e. opponent draw depending only on arena scores, the eventual score and rank will reflect the true power of players, and the amount of time and effort invested in this game.
armageddon

Postby poop » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:58 am

I have to agree with Coolguykev. The game is really good but at some stage a player will outgrow it. This isn't necessarily a fault in the game - after all, gamers have no issues completing other games and moving on. I've still got two 3 star dragons to beat, but after that I will also be finding something else to distract me from work.
poop

Postby kittipos75284686 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 pm

I agree all above. I try to create combo with my inferno dragon to defeat Coolguykev team . But it never work . Every time I fought him , his parrot will slow down my rage and almost of my team will die because of devastating hit or lava strike. This situation mean "only" team of 2kong and 2parrot will win the most fabulous prize? And everyone who want to be top of fame have to be copy idea? I wish that this game would has magic team that as much power as the kong and parrot team
kittipos75284686

Postby Talon Lake » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Parrots rage removal should be 50% chance per hit, not steady every hit. Balancing wise this will work perfectly and create massive variation.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby kittipos75284686 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:20 am

Did admin read our opinion?
kittipos75284686

Postby admin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 am

We will be submitting a new update to Apple sometime in the next week (with some improvements and new bonus levels), which should be approved by early September if nothing goes wrong. We will also look into the parrot/kong issue balance issue and assess whether any changes will be needed.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dragon Tear Discussion