EMP skill

EMP skill

Postby armageddon » Fri May 10, 2013 9:55 am

Can you check the EMP skill code for generating two random targets? In particular the random number generator. Something seems wrong to me.

My Celestial Dragon's EMP skill missed all four pets out of the 6 spots (hitting the only empty 2, which should happen with 1/15 probability) twice in a row. Moreover, for about 8 out of 10 times, it hits two of the 4 empty spots when there are 2 opponent pets alive. This should happen with probability 40% if it is random as you stated, not 80%. The abnormally high miss rate makes Celestial Dragon nearly useless.
armageddon

Re: EMP skill

Postby Talon Lake » Fri May 10, 2013 2:06 pm

When I get you in arena, its rare it misses assuming I don't kill it first round >_<
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Re: EMP skill

Postby admin » Fri May 10, 2013 2:22 pm

armageddon wrote:Can you check the EMP skill code for generating two random targets? In particular the random number generator. Something seems wrong to me.

My Celestial Dragon's EMP skill missed all four pets out of the 6 spots (hitting the only empty 2, which should happen with 1/15 probability) twice in a row. Moreover, for about 8 out of 10 times, it hits two of the 4 empty spots when there are 2 opponent pets alive. This should happen with probability 40% if it is random as you stated, not 80%. The abnormally high miss rate makes Celestial Dragon nearly useless.

Seems to be just a bit of bad luck. The code has been checked and it is using real randoms - meaning something happens with 1/15 odds doesn't mean it will only happen 1 in 15 times. The given probability of it happening again right after it just happened once, is still 1/15.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Tear Support