Combo skills

Re: Combo skills

Postby dragonsdawn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:10 am

yes I've unlocked a few of them. I saw that very early that you have to unlock them.

I have the one with the fire cat and the totem rock magician thing. That was the first one I got. And I use both in nearly every fight. Being this far along in the game and still never having the combos kick in is frustrating. Especially when the combos for the other team seem to go at least 2 to 3 times per match
dragonsdawn

Postby 3rl1gurl » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:55 pm

dragonsdawn wrote:yes I've unlocked a few of them. I saw that very early that you have to unlock them.

I have the one with the fire cat and the totem rock magician thing. That was the first one I got. And I use both in nearly every fight. Being this far along in the game and still never having the combos kick in is frustrating. Especially when the combos for the other team seem to go at least 2 to 3 times per match

I have the same problem trying to use Exploding Lava with Fido and Masked Boo. Unfortunately I bought this scroll with gems. I have never seen it performed once. I'm afraid to buy any other scrolls because I wouldn't want to waste my gems on skills that aren't going to work.
3rl1gurl

Postby pmsupport » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi 3rl1gurl,

A pet taking its turn has 20% chance of triggering a 2-pet combo when following conditions are met (15% for 3-pets). It has no dependency on intellect.

- The pet taking the turn most have full rage at the time (you can tell by the highlight circle beneath them)
- The other require pet(s) of the learned combo must be in the battle and active (eg, not dead or stunned)

With a conservative estimate that each pet is at full rage 1/4 of time when taking turn, it sounds like you failed on a 1/5th roll about 12 times in a roll (which means pretty bad luck) unless one or more of your combo pet have been stunned during the battle. You might want to double check that you got the right pets for the unlocked combo if you never triggered the combo.

If the battle ends very fast, there will be no chance for the combo pets to get full rage.

Enjoy playing Dragon Tear!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Previous

Return to Dragon Tear Support