Combo skills

Combo skills

Postby poop » Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 am

Is the frequency of the combo skill random? I just lost a game and my combo never appeared. The two pets dealt 49 hits between them before an ever enraging enemy wiped us out. Or is the frequency linked to anything such as Intellect?
poop

Re: Combo skills

Postby admin » Wed May 22, 2013 7:17 am

A pet taking its turn has 20% chance of triggering a 2-pet combo when following conditions are met (15% for 3-pets). It has no dependency on intellect.

- The pet taking the turn most have full rage at the time (you can tell by the highlight circle beneath them)
- The other require pet(s) of the learned combo must be in the battle and active (eg, not dead or stunned)

With a conservative estimate that each pet is at full rage 1/4 of time when taking turn, it sounds like you failed on a 1/5th roll about 12 times in a roll (which means pretty bad luck) unless one or more of your combo pet have been stunned during the battle. You might want to double check that you got the right pets for the unlocked combo if you never triggered the combo.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Coolguykev » Sun May 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Isn't that a pretty low percentage? Would seem to somewhat remove the combo skills usefulness and rather suggest using the strongest team you can field without regard for the combos...
Coolguykev

Postby Bo123 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:16 pm

That's what I'm goin on
Bo123

Postby Talon Lake » Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 am

Its a fair amount.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby poop » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:10 am

I do find it works in that percentage. Like Playmage say, the pet needs to be ready to do their own (single) special anyway. So if they aren't causing or receiving damage then they don't have any chance of doing the combo skill anyway. I'm still working out whether the combo skills are worth trying to use.
poop

Postby Talon Lake » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:36 pm

An increase of 20% to 25% and 15% to 20% couldn't hurt, I find it rare that combo skills go off when I'm fighting in arena against me.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Blood » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:45 am

I have brought several combo skills before realizing the pets of the combo need to, not only be caught, but trained up and every single one of them
in the pet line up.
All my combos have been a complete waste of gems.
I could have spent my gems in a way better way. but a lot of things in the game have been a little unclear, and have wasted many purchased gems already.

What i would love to see is somehow to buy more HP! to be stuck on 105 and no way to improve on that is a little depressing.
Guild: ECF
Blood

Postby dragonsdawn » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:45 pm

It says I've completed 79% of the game.
I've had the first combo skill for almost the whole time I have been playing. The one with the burning cat and the totem rock magician thing. I have only EVER had the combo work once. I've never had any of the other combos work. I have a few of the other combos with the corresponding creature and none of them have ever worked.

They are not working in the quest fights or the arena fights. I think it is statistically impossible for me to not have had any combos if they are supposed to be working at 20% of the time.
dragonsdawn

Postby pmsupport » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi dragonsdawn, have you unlocked the combo skills of the different pet combinations? You can check the combo skill status in Pet House --COMBO SKILLS.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Next

Return to Dragon Tear Support