Suggestion- Galaxy Armory/Vault

Suggestion- Galaxy Armory/Vault

Postby Aella » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am

I've haven't been playing this game as long as most people and I also do not know whether this idea has been suggested before but it hit me when I was advancing along and upgrading my heroes' stats by buying better gear through the auction, finding it in chests or getting it as a reward for completing a chapter. The thought came to me when I was talking to a galaxy member who always seems to be a step behind me and is struggling to advance, unlike I have because I have been extremely lucky where she has not been.

When I get new gear on the auction, I pay millions of credits for it but when I am done using it, it sells for a couple thousand, which is comparatively like giving someone pennies back for something that he or she bought for thousands of dollars. So instead, I thought it would be nice if I could put the gear to use by handing it down to someone who could use it. And I also thought that we could provide players with an incentive for joining an established galaxy rather than starting 100 dead ones at the same time.

I know that a lot of people have suggested being able to trade gear with other players but I see how that can be abused quite easily and where it would encourage multiaccounting. So I thought that we could make this something that can only be done inside the bounds of a galaxy. I suggest that the galaxies be allowed to have a vault or an armory where members can donate gears. In order to prevent people from joining a galaxy and taking this gear before running, we can set it up so that anyone can donate gear but only members approved by the leader or a vice can be allowed to withdraw items.

This would allow galaxies to help their newer players to advance and provides a recruitment incentive for more established galaxies and newer galaxies that are being formed with experienced and established players as their heads. Being able to offer gear to loyal players is a good selling point and I think it will also put an end to the problem of having only several active galaxies in the long run. Initially, it may consolidate things as players move to the few galaxies that have the power but as people get established and collect gear, they may form galaxies again and use their old gear to lure members in and keep their interest.

It sure would beat selling the gear for nothing because it is just taking up inventory space.

tl;dr- I think we should have galaxy vaults where gear is stored that can be distributed to members approved by galaxy leadership.
Aella

Re: Suggestion- Galaxy Armory/Vault

Postby Talon Lake » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:08 pm

This has been suggested before, and has been turned down. It seems like a good idea, but it isn't thought of that new players could quickly not have to work for items. The top galaxies can near - instantly get new members strong, and it is unfair to those who don't get the opportunity. This game was not made with the idea of sharing, as there is no level system to limit it.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Constankane » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:55 am

agree here. maybe make the cost to launch a theft mission prohibitive? limit it to once per week? really like the one suggestion re: attacking a corp to distract them from a robbery attempt.
Constankane

Postby Relevant Wing » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Too bad AG server didnt even get the last update timeworld got, Doubt this will ever be seen since its been asked for since day one on the other servers.
It'll take a miracle for you, but I can handle it.
Relevant Wing

Return to General Discussions