annoyed

annoyed

Postby Nstriker2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 am

at this point, i'm getting extremely annoyed and am about to quit. a ton of guys in a single galaxy attack me at least 5 times a day. they're "powering down" to hit me, and even then i can't win. could you change it so their MAX power is what's used for their attack range? it'd go a long ways to helping non-agressive players like me not get constantly attacked, and in the long run would keep people playing cause they don't lose EVERY single PVP
Nstriker2

Re: annoyed

Postby Aella » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm not even sure how this "powering down" concept works because I've actually tried to implement it to stay out of the range of the bigger guys, but every time I lower my amount of forces, number of assigned heroes or the quality of heroes, my power actually goes UP instead of down. So I am not sure that people are actually powering up or down to go after you because they have it in for you. I PvP a lot and am probably one of those plunderers that you are talking about, and I get hit a lot too. I get hit by people who have all epic heroes too and who I have no chance of winning against.

I just shake it off. If they hit me in a short enough time frame of one another, I get hit protection which makes me untargetable for a day while I go about hitting my targets. I am able to hit my own targets, so I just get my vengeance on their galaxy mates. I think that is the entire point though. So what I'm trying to say is that you should either get down and dirty and beat up some players in return or get a peace card from the auction. They aren't that expensive.
Aella

Postby Talon Lake » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:02 pm

PVP is a required aspect of the game, to get enough resources to build etc.

Ontop of that, this powering down is done by removing command items from heroes. This actually drops what the game can read for total power, and often you are weakening yourself war-wise too. I think its fair that people do this, its a tactic.. not a bug.

Really, losing pvp isn't a big deal. Put lethality defense on your ships and you will lose very little every defensive loss, the devs already greatly enhanced pvp protection and dropped lethality on defensive losses. If you were to pvp, about 1 win makes up for 15 losses
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Nstriker2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:45 pm

and if i CAN'T win ANY PVP's?
Nstriker2

Postby Aella » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Then ask someone who knows how to PvP what they are doing. I helped a person out with that the other day and once he made a few adjustments all the sudden he was winning 10 in a row. You are free to pick my brain sometime in game. I don't mind.
Aella

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:16 pm

More war, get your techs up. I'm sure your galaxy could've told you that =P
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby Nstriker2 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Talon, unlike you and the rest of the war-mongers, i don't have tons of recs to get the CC up a ton
Nstriker2

Postby Talon Lake » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:59 am

There has to be some people you can beat in your range to get good resources.
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby Nstriker2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:59 pm

if there ARE any, i can't find them
Nstriker2

Postby Talon Lake » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:35 am

Then more war, less command.. Higher techs, get a good ship build.
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Next

Return to General Discussions