Suggestions Package

Suggestions Package

Postby Talon Lake » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 am

I'm going to use this to post various game suggestions, varying in size. Posted to Armor games AND facebook forums.
*<--- Asterisks mark Important/Bigger suggestions.
Feedback appreciated, From other players AND Playmage. I would also like to know if a suggestion will straight forward not happen.

- 3 day speed up cards - 250 gold to buy, in auction too. Ch 13+ gets it as a reward in their box.

- Add 3 day (large) enhance cards to auction

- Create a benefit to a galaxy for holding a pillar for a long time

- Make it so you need to have hit a pillar within 30 hours as it is currently OR to have hit the pillar that has died at ANY POINT to receive full coupons amount. That way if you did contribute, you will get payment for it.

*Increase the gap on pillars for the higher slots in coupon gain, extremely more work can be done for nearly no extra gain. One suggestion I have that I like is -
Perhaps coupons given out can also be based on damage done to space out the ranks, so say 3000 BONUS coupons are given out when a pillar dies spread to all the galaxies who did damage, divided by all damage dealt and all galaxies get a share based on their precise damage.
Say 5 galaxies hit. 200 million damage is done total. 130m by 1st place, 50m by second, 28m by third, 11m by 4th, 1m by 5th.
1st would get 130m / 200m (.65) as a percentage of the 3000 - 65% of the 3000 bonus coupons given out for killing a pillar. Being 1950 coupons onto their 3k of 1st place, 4950 per player.
2nd gets 50m / 200m (.25) as a percentage of the 3k, 750 coupons on 2500 for 3250 per player.
3rd gets 28m / 200m for 14% of 3k giving 420 coupons on 2k for 2420 per player.
4th gets 11m / 200m for 5.5%, 165 on 1500 for 1665 per player.
This one is very important.. The biggest loss of players are the ones who quit due to the inability to advance in the game without donating or a VERY long period of playing. It doesn't need to be major.. Also, the EXTREMELY low drop rates on blue/purple gears are horrible, let alone the ones you get that are good. I've had one purple drop playing across 3 servers about 3k raids, level 5.. only 6-7 blues which I sold as they were at this point useless.
5th gets 1m / 200m for .5% getting only a 15 coupon boost on their 1k coupons for 1015 per player.
This way it gaps out more based on who did what damage. I think this is an extremely fair way to pass out spare coupons for the galaxies that work harder, and it is not a massive gain.
If 330m damage were done, it would just divide by 330m. The coupon bonus handed out between galaxies would not change.

*Increase drops of premium items in game.
People leave number one reason in this game as they feel they need to donate to get far. Unfortunately, this is actually a fact about time world. Upgrade books, enhance gems, and magic books with their bad rates need greatly increased drop rates for a fair game. Donators will still always have an insane advantage, but this is needed to just get through the game.
Also, Purple/blue drops from raid gems and various places. In 3 game servers 3k+ raid bosses, 1 purple and 6-7 blue drops. Purple was level 25, the blues all except one I sold as they were useless

- I had a bug appear today, one that I've never seen before and happened one time. It showed the login time in server time instead of day for one member of my galaxy, and thought it would be a nice addition if the person had logged in the current day, it showed the time of login instead of date. This is so we can see when they logged in.

Aug 20 edit - MORE ACHIEVEMENTS!!! Jeez, have things fallen behind. How about achievements for 5000 and 10000 fights / hero battles, Achievement for 6 planets, Achievements for buildings to 35 and 40! Add in achievements for pillar damage, 25m 250m 1 billion damage..

-Talon
Last edited by Talon Lake on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Re: Suggestions Package

Postby mkiiisupra » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:11 am

I'll second these suggestions as well. Being one who donates weekly, there is a dire need to implement some changes to shorten the gap between those that do not donate and those that do. I believe a tweak in the coupon program would enable users to better be able to afford more usable items. I also believe that the frequency with which blue/purple drops occur in battles, visits, raids, etc, needs to be looked at as well. I will also second the fact that I have only gotten one blue equipment in the entire time Ive been playing from a random drop. Magic books, and randomness of upgrade books needs a tweak as well. Perhaps divide the magic books into tiers like everything else is currently. This would give users a better chance of getting more useful skills. I bought 5 magic books Saturday morning and got 2 engineers, 2 scientists, and one hit. Useless to me. Divide it into tiers with these types of skills on tier 1, exp, command up, attack up, defense up and the likes on a tier 2, and all others (combo, multi, triple)on a tier 3. Just a thought on magic books.

So enough of the rant, I am with Talon on this, something needs to be done to encourage those that are leaving this game to stay and it starts with lessening the advantage somewhat that donating has over the average non-donating player. Better equips and more frequency, randomness tweaks, and skill system tweaks would help this as well as the coupon system tweaks that Talon referred to in his post.

Best regards,
mkiiisupra

Postby Zahnfee » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:36 pm

Yep, this are the luxury problems of a greedy player who has ALL in the game and want even more. The gaming style of you and your "galaxy mates" who attack everyone in range several times per day are the reason for the mass quitting of players. And your "suggestions" make the gap between players who want to have fun in this game in a normal way and dont want to pay real money like you even bigger...

Thats the truth!
Zahnfee

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm

That is not the truth, actually. I'm not a donator, I work hard to be strong in this game. PVP is the main part of this game, On facebook and kongregate people have no problems with it as the game has progressed further to where it becomes VERY CLEAR. There is no other way to make enough resources for this. My suggestions make it easier for free to play players to get the items only donators can get, I see in no way how you can see otherwise from increasing find rates for it.
PVP may make people quit here, but the other servers have the players die off as they cannot compete with the donators insane skills and power, and cannot advance in chapters without good skills and strength. Soon enough it will be the same here.

-Talon
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Relevant Wing » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 pm

PVP is needed in this game, I play on fb also since launch day, early on it seems like getting resources is easily done through visiting and such, but that is not the case at the higher levels. Once you get to level 20+ buildings the resource amounts increase dramatically. Talon is right, pvp is a required game mechanic to progress, it is possible to be strong in this game, just by following the advice, of stronger players, gold is not always required, its just the fast way to obtain power in Timeworld, the same can be achieved at a decent pace, by working hard, pvping, and saving resources, for upgrades and auction items. Talon is very efficient in his usage, that's why he is as strong as he is not from donating, also, if you check with most of the stronger players in game, we are usually pretty helpful, helping out people who are having problems, in fact you can mail me in game any time if you have questions RelevantWing in Galaxy 24, or PM me here even.
It'll take a miracle for you, but I can handle it.
Relevant Wing

Return to General Discussions