Resource gain bug

Resource gain bug

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:59 am

My resource gains are messed in this fight, which seems to happen infrequently but once or twice a day.
I have 76,945,000 power (61.5m army) and Xadese had 82,380,000 power (70 million + army, covered)
My ore should be equal to credits, and energy half of that. This seems to happen mostly, or maybe exclusively on fights where the attacker has no ships die.

Also, Exit says Ex!t which I noticed a long time ago but never reported.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Re: Resource gain bug

Postby admin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:32 am

You are the attacker and the defender's resource production building level totals aren't the same.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Vinghiskhan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:38 pm

what about this?

Vinghiskhan

Postby Vinghiskhan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 pm

These wierd resource values only come when I attack people from g29 (which we are friended with) in the phantom nebula. For example, spacenut I gain: 48k creds, 24k energy and ore. This suggests that somewhere there is a bug in the Phantom nebula relating to the diplomatic status of the people that are involved in the attack.
Vinghiskhan

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Could I get a clarification on this? I attack people much weaker in building levels all the time, this bug is VERY Infrequent for it to be something that would happen almost every fight... Also resources have been calculated to be based on enemy power / your power and your army size correctly in all cases except when it bugs out like this.
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby admin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:17 am

It's not a bug. You are wrongfully assuming the the resource reward is always constant, which it is not. If the defender does not have enough ore reserve, you will get less then normal, based on how much they have, but not less than 50% of what should be rewarded.

GainOre = amount of ore should be normally awarded to the if defender has plenty of resource.
DefenderOre = amount of ore defender actually has
ActualGainOre = HigherOf(GainOre / 2, LowerOf(GainOre, DefenderOre))

Also, the amount of resource defender actually loses is also capped by a multiple of their hourly production as well. But that cap really doesn't affect how much you gain.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Vinghiskhan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:52 am

Yes, but this is the Phantom nebula, shouldn't those rules not count here then? I am already spending an extra ap, only to get half the res I would normally get.
Vinghiskhan

Postby admin » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 am

Phantom nebula targets are basically mirrored images of real players and same formulas apply. The extra AP gives you the benefit of a free hostile relation (+50% gain) and extra targets that you normally would not have (and cannot retaliate). It's not designed as a better replacement to PvP; it's an alternative for players who can't find suitable targets.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Talon Lake » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Shouldn't the hostile status cancel out the friendly resource losses though, or is that just probably from the pvp resource protection.

Also the unimportant but still existent Ex!t button will be fixed? :p
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Postby Talon Lake » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:46 pm

This is becoming a real issue for me now. I hit the normal versions of people and full res, then the phantoms will give me half ore/energy etc like they didnt have enough resources for me to "steal" almost every time.
Dreamworld

Time World
Talon Lake

Return to Bug Reports