Holy Priestess - a more practical 6* card than the others?

Holy Priestess - a more practical 6* card than the others?

Postby Peridot Weapon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 am

While there are games similar to Dragon Era out there, I always find it more entertaining to play one that's just come out recently, compared to one that's been around for a year and everyone (except for me!) has 6* or 7* cards coming out of their ears. :)

Everyone seems to get a guaranteed 6* card for completing the Tutorial. I've got mixed feelings about that. On one hand, they're not really "Mega Rare" cards if EVERYONE is guaranteed to get one. On the other hand, I'm sure they can't reach their maximum potential without having a second copy and the proper Evolution Materials, so THOSE are the ones that will end up being truly rare.

----------

I ended up getting the Holy Priestess (6* Light Card), which compared to some of the other ones I've seen, seems a bit more useful in all situations.

Active Skill: Heal III (Recovers HP equal to 10x of member's recovery power. 20 Turn Activation Period.)
A useful ability to have if you're having unlucky spins against a boss, but largely unnecessary early on because of her ...

Leader Skill: Healing Light (Recovers huge amount of HP each turn.)
And when they say huge, they aren't kidding. It's currently healing about 200% of my maximum HP, every step, without needing to rely on the slots.

----------

Most of the other 6* cards I've seen have element specific skills - boost the attack/health of one particular element of cards, nullify attacks from one particular element, do extreme damage to an opposing element (but nothing else), or improve the chances of a specific element appearing on the reel for several turns.

All of these are useful to have in specific locations, but the Holy Priestess is a reliable to have ANYWHERE, so I'm glad I drew it.
Peridot Weapon

Re: Holy Priestess - a more practical 6* card than the other

Postby Zeift » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 am

Well, for me I preferred Flesh Lotus!
Skill : Poison Fog - Causes all enemies to be moderately poisoned ( Dealing about 2x attack damage per turn to all enemies )
Leader Skill : Fire Vengeance - Chance to counter enemies with small amount of fire damage ( WHICH IS HUGE AMOUNT ) x3-x4 of the damage caused by the enemy.
Zeift

Postby Peridot Weapon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:44 am

Yeah, Flesh Lotus is nice because I don't think Poison goes away for the entire duration of the battle, and a "passive" counter is useful as well. The "inflict 20,000 damage to all enemies every 15 turns" cards seem more impressive now, but as we progress further I'm sure 20,000 won't seem like much at all.

The nice thing about having a leader healer is you can select an ally to best help in a particular situation. Whereas if you DON'T have a dedicated healer and can't find one on your list of friends, you may have to do easier stages that day.

The same isn't really true if you have a primary healer. High damage potential is NICE, but unnecessary as long as you have the time to spin the reels a lot. Holy Priestess "decks" really only require one strategy - a team of cards which accentuate HP growth, preferably all of the same element, and an ally card that boosts the HP of that element by 2.5x. As long as you're doing more than zero damage to a foe, if it can't drop you to zero HP, you can't lose.
Peridot Weapon

Postby Zeift » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:27 pm

I have a buddy called 'meh' he has a leader which is superb!
I forgotten the card name, but the effects is 'Revive party with 1hp if they got killed with hp more than 50%' which means practically unbeatable if he have a healer as a friend!
Zeift

Postby Peridot Weapon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Zeift wrote:I have a buddy called 'meh' he has a leader which is superb!
I forgotten the card name, but the effects is 'Revive party with 1hp if they got killed with hp more than 50%' which means practically unbeatable if he have a healer as a friend!

Yeah, that's the Hell Marionette, I believe. Combine that with a decent healer, and the only thing that's going to take you down is a combination assault - its ability can't protect you if you take, say, two 60% hits in a row, because you'd be below 50% when the killing blow lands.

[Edit] And having been just saved by her power repeatedly in one of the "Lucky Tuesday" maps, I have to say the combination of Priestess and Marionette is ridiculous. As long as you're only fighting a single boss at the end, you're actually REWARDED for getting there with low overall health, because she'll keep 1HKO-ing you and Marionette will keep bringing you back with 1 HP without limit. Since it's a leader ability, there's no recharge time involved.
Peridot Weapon

Postby Zeift » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:56 am

Exactly that's how I reached lvl 40+ hahahaha! low hp deck but keep revive!
Zeift

Postby Talon Lake » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:03 pm

I got the floral saintess and basically it is a weak earth version of yours, Peridot >_< Oh well, healing 1800 hp a round is still nice
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Peridot Weapon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Talon Lake wrote:I got the floral saintess and basically it is a weak earth version of yours, Peridot >_< Oh well, healing 1800 hp a round is still nice

Yeah, the Floral Saintess doesn't really seem fair - it's the same Command Point cost and same general starting stats, with a weaker version of the active and passive skills. You can use Heal II every 10 turns (the Priestess' Heal III can only be used every 20).

If her Command Point cost was only 10 (or if the Priestess was bumped up to 18), it would be balanced better. An extra 4 CP can go a long way in making or breaking a party if you have a few cards that are rarity 4*+ that you want to use.
Peridot Weapon

Postby Zeift » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:15 am

I just saw someone with a card called Leviathan ... It has the skill water vengeance II, It effect is Dealing moderate damage back to attackers ( 10X OF THE DAMAGE ) wow!! It one hit ko the boss I'm fighting hahha.
Zeift

Postby StorkEn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:43 pm

My start 6* card was also the 'Holy Priestess' and boy am I glad I rolled it. The only time I die is by getting one-shotted which only happens when I get overzealous and think I can take on the harder bonus maps.
I also added a friend today who had the 'Fairy Queen' card (Massive HP and Atk while giving the whole party 2xAtk when I'm at full health) and these things combo so well together.
The fairy card alone is strong but because I'm always at full health, my mostly 4* team hits like a 6* team (The fairy's 'moderate damage' on all enemies is great too). Best combo I've run across so far.
Nick: Stork | Guild: In Septim Pace | ID: ab4e8a
StorkEn

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion