Difficulty and Player retention.

Difficulty and Player retention.

Postby Setsumi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:26 pm

I am seeing fewer and fewer players coming up through the levels. Every time I look at my friends list or members list of the guild I'm in I see that a lot of people have simply stopped playing. So unless you are already in a top guild its becoming increasingly more difficult to find and keep active members. The difficulty of the events I believe is the main reason for this problem. I have invested a lot time into this game and have built what I feel to be a decent team of cards. Yet when I enter the raid boss battle Im lucky if I can get 100 points. Which makes me feel uselss. With that being said people that are lower level can't get points at all. This make people feel hopeless. I think the raid boss should start at a lower level and progressively become more difficult. Doing so won't actually change the fact that the top guilds will still win, but it will make lower level people feel more usefull and have alittle hope. Another major problem I see with the guild event is that its still individual player bassed. When you lose a fight the other guild members should be able to come in and help out. Have a group effort. The final thing I would like bring up is the lack of reward. If you don't finish in the top guilds you get nothing worth having same for individual member rewards. Now I know losing me as a player doesn't matter much but I think this is why a lot of other people are also quitting. I am going to leave a negative review on goole play until I see some changes to make the game playable for low level people. I also would like some feed back from the admin. Thank you.
Setsumi

Re: Difficulty and Player retention.

Postby Lickzy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Game playable for lower levels? Really? I had the most fun at lower levels because the game was super easy. Get your best team together, team up with a Holy Priestess and you're off to the races. You can clear the first few chapters with that. How is that not playable? Try beating this game! It's a game and like most games it is designed to get harder and harder. The game is MOST playable at lower levels.

I disagree with the lack of reward comment too. When you're in the Olympics, do they give you a medal for 4th place? How about 10th? of 50th? No ofcourse not. Here in game, the TOP TEN GUILDS and ALL of it's members that contribute atleast 2,000 guild points get something to show for their efforts.

You expressed concern about guild events being individual player based? Playmage has already said they are going to introduce more "Raid Based" type battles in patches to come. Be patient, soon enough you'll be able to rely on others to help you out and get credit for the "teamwork".

Nobody, including myself, would want you to quit or leave negative reviews but what do you expect to happen to change the game?
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby Setsumi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:57 pm

I was not referring to normal chapters thus why I never once mentioned them. I know how easily you can walk through them having done a large number of them myself over 3/4 of them my first week. And of course you believe the rewards are plenty because you are in a top guild and receive good ones I'm sure. And just like most games of similar build and play styles after a guild wins the first few events they then become almost impossible beat. But back to new players. It takes very little time to go through the chapters which becomes boring so the only thing to then look foward to is the events which they quickly learn is not designed for them to stand a chance to participate. I myself could leave the guild I'm in and join one of the top I do meet most of their requirements. I'm making these statements base on the that I have see many new play complain about the many things I stated in my first post. I also would like the game to keep a popular fan so it can keep improving. I have seen many games of this nature die out for this very reason. So I not only have new players in mind, but the game as a whole.
Setsumi

Postby kerubin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:08 pm

1)I am seeing fewer and fewer players coming up through the levels. Every time I look at my friends list or members list of the guild I'm in I see that a lot of people have simply stopped playing. So unless you are already in a top guild its becoming increasingly more difficult to find and keep active members.

I agree. >>>Looking for active players level 60 and above to join our guild<<<

2) I have invested a lot time into this game and have built what I feel to be a decent team of cards.

So have I.

3)I think the raid boss should start at a lower level and progressively become more difficult. Doing so won't actually change the fact that the top guilds will still win, but it will make lower level people feel more useful and have a little hope.

I agree too. Maybe the devs can change it such that players below level 50 for example receives reduced damage from the boss.

4)If you don't finish in the top guilds you get nothing worth having same for individual member rewards.

Rome wasn't build in a day. Same goes for what I have. Save the cards and fuse them if you happen to get another one during rolls or when the whole event resets back to Bahamut. Save up any points you can and use them only when you see something that you know will help you in the guild shop. Almost all of the 6* cards I have were combined with rolls from the gem shop and the guild shop together.

5) And of course you believe the rewards are plenty because you are in a top guild and receive good ones I'm sure.And just like most games of similar build and play styles after a guild wins the first few events they then become almost impossible beat.

Yes, Lickzy is in my guild. None of us here can use the Bahamut skill simply because we cannot survive long enough unless we use gems which is kind of retarded or get real lucky with rolls. Even the deck I go to the event with doesn't have a Bahamut(It screws everything up despite having good stats). Which brings us back to point no.3 whereby I suspect the devs are simply just trying to balance things out but it does somehow affect lower level players more. You can take away whatever reward we got from the previous event and I assure you we will still come out within the top 3. Go figure.

6)I myself could leave the guild I'm in and join one of the top I do meet most of their requirements.

Go ahead, no one is stopping you. I welcome you too if you meet my requirement.
In case you're wondering, I'm just kind of bored and is semi-trolling here.

For new players, All they have to do is spam solomon's mines during happy weekend. Heck, I got to level 40+ on the first week I downloaded this game and I somehow definitely had a lot of fun doing so. If my memory serves me well you don't even have to use energy pots and you can just keep spamming the maps. Level isn't really an issue. Need a simple and decent deck to start out? Just an example- The panzer dragon's easy maps have 4* which you can evolve them to 6*. Collect them and just get 20k points(It wasnt hard for the previous event if you were of a decent level with enough cp to equip some decent cards), get the card which boost a specific element's hp by 2.5. Put them all together and you're actually quite good to go. All you need is time.
kerubin

Postby Setsumi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Semi trolling lol. No that was very well thoughout intelligent, amd open minded response. The only thing I can say is the event reward system retort is the only one I still completely disagree with. If you look at the 3-4 reward can't remember. Anything low is max evolve at 4 stars. In order to get the one that can be evolved you need so many points ypu would need a great deck 6* with some 5* card which makes anything lower in the reward worthworthless. Ive had a 5* deck or better since around level 25ish. Well I thank you for you response. I think it can help developers when they able to see many intelligent comment on a given topic. Hope the game keep getting better. But for me I will no longer be playing because I can't get past the opening screen. The was a post where the adim had the guy do a list of things. Tried them didn't work and if I remember correctly some of the step can result in data loss. Not going to start over so we will see.
Setsumi

Postby StorkEn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:08 pm

The reason you feel useless is because you haven't' spent money. This game is very pay2win (That's not necessarily a bad thing) so if you don't spend at least some amount of cash on gems to get strong cards, you're going to feel weak for a long time. A lot of these tops guilds have members that have spent hundreds of dollars on gems and as a result are very powerful. If you're a casual player like me, you're going to feel that power gap. Sadly, there's nothing that can be done about it because the developers want to keep making money off the game so if they closed this power gap, there'd be no reason for people to buy gems and cards.

So, you feel weak because you haven't spent money to buy powerful cards. It's supposed to feel that way. Don't expect to be competing on the same level as someone from Obscurity when they're spending hundreds of dollars to be strong. There's a lot of other people playing this game who haven't spent money (Like me and my guild) and are enjoying the game, albit it at a slower pace. Want to be strong? You're gonna be forced to spend money.
Nick: Stork | Guild: In Septim Pace | ID: ab4e8a
StorkEn

Postby Talon Lake » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:34 pm

The problem is the game is getting harder as the players grow, so players who joined late are behind and only the donators will be able to reap the rewards of being ahead of the normal group.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Slicovico » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:12 am

I just play to collect cool cards since most of the game is just luck because it's a slot machine game.
Slicovico

Return to Dragon Era Discussion