Guild War Rewards...

Guild War Rewards...

Postby DrRickso » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:36 pm

It would be nice to have some better individual rewards beyond #1 with 50k GP... perhaps giving Lucifer to anyone with over 50kgp or if nothing else having the cyborg as a #2 at 50kgp would encourage everyone to spend money/gems on achieving a worthwhile card. At this point, there is no incentive for multiple guild members to reach 50k gp beyond the first place finisher, and dark maidens are regularly available in the shop and gem recruits... I'll personally end up using the 5* maiden as nothing more than strengthening fodder if I'm in second place.

... something to think about for the future wars.
DrRickso

Re: Guild War Rewards...

Postby Midas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:35 pm

I agree that this time rewards for 2+ places not looking as worth effort.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby gregory » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:56 pm

yup.. I agree as well and thats why i create my own guild or u joint the strongest guild... Either way... There's one more thing, this games should have category boss for specified level, low level players can't enjoyed any GW or panzer. I hope the admin woould balance the games and not just think an idea how to make money out of it. I personnally was one of the heavy gem user as well^^

- I.G.N. Gregory
gregory

Postby admin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward this to our dev team to take a look. The guild points is calculated on a power curve so that even weaker players in the guild can make reasonable contribution amount to the total (even if it's just a fraction of stronger players). The new Raid Boss feature that was just released in version 1.2.0 also is designed so to suit players of all levels (although strong players may take a few days to increase the boss level up).
admin
Site Admin

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:04 am

I agree with the sentiment about the 50000 points for the 7* - what it means is that in a guild that is not top 4 - one person and one person ONLY can safely push for the #1 slot - if two push you are creating a conflict within the guild and a zero-sum fight between two of the top players in the guild.
I would personally like to see the rewards for individual and collective effort smoothed out - there are too many reward "cliffs" in Guild War - this will not help grow the game and bring and nurture new players - it also means that there will be a reinforcement of the 'flight to the elite' by players wanting a chance of the 7* reward - this will leave a lot of guilds in limbo and again create barriers of entry to new players/guilds.

One last thing to throw in - why not stop resets in GW - all players have same opportunity to score - if you want to get more points - you have pots!
Bigbadjohn

Postby Lickzy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:37 pm

I do like the idea of everyone over 50k guild points getting the appropriate ultra-rare, reward card as opposed to only the top person.

What I do not like is that the fact that everyone and their grandma seems to get an "ultra-rare" card during guild wars. This most recent war being the worst. Assuming all players contributed their 2k points, all of the members of Obscurity, Murked Resil, OWNAGE and Killin, received a 7 star card after the war. That's over 120 people getting an "ultra-rare" card... how rare is that? consider giving every member of the top guild the 8 star version, 2nd Place team getting the 7 star version, and third place getting a 6 star. The current method of distribution is stupid.

Think of Olympic Hockey. How stupid would it be if the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams, ALL received gold medals and then the top players of each "non-podium" team also received the same gold medal? Completely stupid right?

No different than what we are presently doing. Please consider changing the current reward mechanics.
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby Nakazawa » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 am

Definetely agreeing with Lickzy. I'd give a 7* guild war boss card only to the first of the guild with at least 50k, and maybe also to the top three hitters of top 10 guilds. It's stupid that a guy who did only 2k in a top guild gets an huge reward while a 30/40k guy in a smaller guild gets a weaker one.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby admin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:20 am

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward it to our design team and we may consider both increasing number of individual slots as well as increasing the minimum contribution for guild based reward for the top spots for future guild wars.
admin
Site Admin

Are guild rewards fracturing guilds?

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 am

I'm not too happy about the way that guild rewards are allocated almost purely on a 'relative' basis - I would much rather the reward is more based on the absolute performance of guilds/players - I believe the current system has quite a few "unintended consequences".

1) Reduction of revenue for Play Mage
I was in Elite and could have spent a modest amount on gems to get to 50000 gp in the war to try for the 7* card - however another member wanted to do the same - choice is a 'zero-sum' fight or just one of us goes for the card - loss of revenue for the developers - I would argue that the absolute individual score should be the main method of getting the 7*.

2)One man guilds are best reward/effort ratios
Self explanatory - if I had left Elite just before guild war - formed a guild or joined a 'zombie' guild (to get bonuses) - 50000 points and 7*. Also being top dog in a one man guild with 5000 points was more lucrative than being 11th in the 5th best overall guild with 12500+ points - doesn't make sense. I know players who left bigger guilds to increase their rewards!
This also means that the guilds just below the top 4 may find recruiting of up and coming players hard as these guys may reduce their rewards by joining!

The ranking within guilds actually means that guild members are 'fighting' with each other for rewards - this is against the 'spirit' of guilds - makes no sense.

The devs know the distribution of points in each war and the number of players now as opposed to the last war - it should not be beyond simple maths to work out a series of absolute step rewards for both guild and members that dishes out approx. similar total rewards across the whole player base. It may mean people push harder and we see more 7* cards earned - well so what to push means either time or money are spent by players - both are good for the game.

It becomes apparent quite early in the guild war who are going to be the top guilds - this creates a disincentive for the lower guilds to push hard so will not produce more gem burning.

Had my say - hope it kicks off a sensible discussion - quite happy to talk to support off line about this too.
Bigbadjohn

Postby admin » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:56 am

[merged into previous topic - please do not start duplicate threads]

Please see our previous reply. the next guild war reward tiers will be different compared to the last one.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion