Raid Bosses

Re: Raid Bosses

Postby Bigbadjohn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:15 am

admin wrote:We just made a change to the raid bosses to decrease the attack power of the second wave and increase the attack power of the the boss, so that the boss can be shared more often. Keep in mind wave 2 really isn't too difficult if you build up enough skills during the first wave.

Also, the raid boss will likely start to rotate every months or so, starting around end of this month. Your current level of the boss that gets rotated will be saved so when the rotate back, you won't have to start on level 1. The newly rotated in boss that you never fought before will start on level 1 however.

You could make the first wave have a few more hp - one or two lucky spins and they are done - not quite long enough to "build up skills" :D

The paradox in this game is that often you will curse those freak 5 line spins in the first wave of many fights.
Bigbadjohn

Postby DrRickso » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:The paradox in this game is that often you will curse those freak 5 line spins in the first wave of many fights.

HA- very true!
DrRickso

Postby Nakazawa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:53 pm

I don't understand clearly a thing.
The HP bar is always the same or is it fixed?
I mean, a boss has 1m hp but 2 guy hit before for 300k each. Will it have a shorter HP bar? Or I will have to hit for 1M? Or my damage will be capped at remaining HP?
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby bindur » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Nakazawa wrote:I don't understand clearly a thing.
I mean, a boss has 1m hp but 2 guy hit before for 300k each. Will it have a shorter HP bar? Or I will have to hit for 1M? Or my damage will be capped at remaining HP?

Kind of wondering that myself. It does not appear to update in real time so what happens when more than 1 person is attacking? Does the person who first attacked get credit? There's also the timer which continues to countdown that is not visible during the fight. Even if it expires during the battle and the boss is killed, you do not get credit for it?
bindur

Postby DrRickso » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:43 pm

after someone damages the boss- the hp bar appears full for the next person but the boss has less hp overall, so your typical damage will remove a lot more of the bar than you are used to seeing.

as far as when someone else is attacking at the same time, it seems like that's where the raid system needs the most work... it comes down to the first one to cross the finish line, but the hp of the boss doesn't update with damage in real time. whatever the hp of the boss was when you entered the fight is what you'll have to hit for it seems.
DrRickso

Postby pmsupport » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 am

What DrRickso said is correct.

Nakazawa wrote:I don't understand clearly a thing.

Hi Nakazawa, the length of the HP bar will stay the same but the number of HP will be the deducted one as shown on the boss profile when you get into the fight.

bindur wrote:Kind of wondering that myself. It does not appear to update in real time so what happens when more than 1 person is attacking? Does the person who first attacked get credit? There's also the timer which continues to countdown that is not visible during the fight. Even if it expires during the battle and the boss is killed, you do not get credit for it?

Hi bindur, the info of the bosses will update when you get into the Raid Bosses screen and when you get into the battle. Once you get into the fight, it will not update again. If you keep staying on the Raid Bosses screen, it will not update again either unless you take other actions like getting into the battle or going to other screens and go back.

If more than 1 person is attacking, who killed the boss first will be deemed to be the boss killer and get the 2 card bonus and the rest of damage dealers will get the 1 card bonus.

If players get into the fight before the time runs out and one or more of them kill the boss after the boss escaped, all damage dealers including the "boss killer" will get a one-card reward.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion