Raid Bosses

Re: Raid Bosses

Postby Midas » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:08 pm

If you were using Marionette you will die, but if you use HP card or damage reducing card - you will survive it. That's the point why damage remain exactly same - to remove Cyclopes and Marionette cards after turn 30+
It allow to deal some damage with this cards, but not allow to kill using them.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Clos » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:05 am

I don't know why. The stage two guys hit at the same time and seem to have a stronger attack so they would be able to kills you more often than the actual Boss.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby pmsupport » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:21 am

Nakazawa wrote:Thanks.
Another question: is there an hidden sense that I'm missing seeing that bosses hits for, example, 4kdamage and after their 3d hit they hit 2 times for 2k or maybe even lower? Is it intended to work this way (maybe to avoid hell marionette combo) or is it a bug?

Hi Nakazawa, it's not a bug. Just like Midas said, the design is to create obstacles to low level players with golem or Hell Marionette. So that they will know they have to level up and have a higher HP team.

Clos wrote:I don't know why. The stage two guys hit at the same time and seem to have a stronger attack so they would be able to kills you more often than the actual Boss.

That's because the two monsters don't have as many HP as the boss does and players can kill one first using normal attacks or skills.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Nakazawa » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm

But, have this as a question and not as a suggestion... Wouldn't it be more sensefl to have more people accessing the boss and then they die against it? This way, also the reward mechanics would work better (my guess, not a critic). I mean: I don't think I've ever seen a boss with 2 people with different attacks on him. Once you get to the boss, he is dead. Maybe it is normal with low level bosses (my friends' range from 10 to 30) but it really seems odd to everyone.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:24 pm

bindur wrote:
Bigbadjohn wrote:
Midas wrote:It's only for low level bosses.
Go and check level 30+ that have millions of HP and start doublehit on turn 30 (as in GW)

You can kill them by himself, but that will require tons of revival potions.

I have killed 51,52.53 with no revival - takes forever but 54 looked too big a step - sadly not a sniff of a decent card drop from them :cry:

What kind of setup are you using? So far, a damage reduction/healer leaders with HP cards works just fine, but takes a long long time. Currently needing about 13k hp in order to get to the boss even.

Valkyrie, Red Panzer Dragon, Echidna, Naga, Zeus + Holy Priestess - does mean I need patience for the boss kill 8-)
Bigbadjohn

Postby digitalwei » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:17 am

Looks like playmage listened to this last request. I've noticed the last few raid bosses are hitting a lot harder than they used to. The gating encounter used to be the 2nd one and the boss was a wimp after that. Now the boss hits a LOT harder. A level 36 raid boss, for instance, hits for about 24K (used to be 9k or so, if I recall). While tougher, I think this might come closer to PM's goals of needing >1 player attacking higher level bosses to kill them.
digitalwei

Postby bindur » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:01 pm

digitalwei wrote:Looks like playmage listened to this last request. I've noticed the last few raid bosses are hitting a lot harder than they used to. The gating encounter used to be the 2nd one and the boss was a wimp after that. Now the boss hits a LOT harder. A level 36 raid boss, for instance, hits for about 24K (used to be 9k or so, if I recall). While tougher, I think this might come closer to PM's goals of needing >1 player attacking higher level bosses to kill them.

I notice the water raid boss hits for a lot less than the earth raid boss...perhaps that is what you are seeing as well.
bindur

Postby pmsupport » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:45 am

Hi bindur, the water raid boss hits for less than the earth raid boss because she has a much shorter CD.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby admin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:12 am

We just made a change to the raid bosses to decrease the attack power of the second wave and increase the attack power of the the boss, so that the boss can be shared more often. Keep in mind wave 2 really isn't too difficult if you build up enough skills during the first wave.

Also, the raid boss will likely start to rotate every months or so, starting around end of this month. Your current level of the boss that gets rotated will be saved so when the rotate back, you won't have to start on level 1. The newly rotated in boss that you never fought before will start on level 1 however.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nakazawa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks for the 2nd wave/boss damage twerk. This is how the shared raid concept should work :)
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion