I've 100% all of the Chapters up to 4... Then hit a wall.

I've 100% all of the Chapters up to 4... Then hit a wall.

Postby Nerdsworth » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Hullo!

So I'm super active in this game, I at times I feel almost too active, as Dragon Era is the only game that has managed to hold my attention for a decent amount of time out of any other IOS game... besides Robot Unicorn Attack 2. I play while traveling on the bus to and from work, don't just me. Anyway, I'm in an active guild, I do raids... I do all the things, blah blah. I'm only level 54, so I know there are others who play more than me, but for my play style, I'm starting to feel a little beat down at Chapter 4 Ruler of the Northern Sea.

I get that this is a game of gambling, but I'm not a gambling man. This game isn't simply gambling, because of it's Hybrid style it is also strategy, which I rely very heavily on, and I feel I've hit a point with some bosses, where my strategy is completely ignored, in an attempt to force me to buy gems... which I've done... once, and will not do again, because even that is a gamble.

In the end, I'm just looking for a middle ground. I really don't want to stop playing because of boredom or the feeling of being stifled. But when I spend 30 mins to an our thinking my way through 10 tendious rounds only to come face to face with a boss that hits me for 66048hp, and me left with no revives or gems... we have a problem.

I do enjoy the game though. :geek:
Nerdsworth

Re: I've 100% all of the Chapters up to 4... Then hit a wall

Postby DrRickso » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm

there are certain bosses in the game that require a different strategy than what you are used to... the board you are at requires one of your leaders to have the skill "death guard"... you can easily farm 3* golems (or buy for cheap in guild shop) to utilize that skill or pair with a possessed doll/hell marionette. pair with a healer leader.

i used to feel that this game can only be won by purchasing gems and getting ultra rare cards, but my main team which i used to finish the game was all earned through bonus cards and the guild shop. i'll agree that some cards which make wars and the main game easier are only available through gems, but those gems can be stockpiled through login bonuses, arena wins, and even tapjoy for free. gl!
DrRickso

Postby Nakazawa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:35 am

May I suggest a better tactic?
While the death guard surely is useful, the Queen Succubus/Vampire of night/Medusa the Jealous could work even better. As far as I remember, that boss has very few HP, you just have to wait for the 100k damage skill and unleash it :)
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby Lee » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:16 am

DrRickso wrote:there are certain bosses in the game that require a different strategy than what you are used to... the board you are at requires one of your leaders to have the skill "death guard"... you can easily farm 3* golems (or buy for cheap in guild shop) to utilize that skill or pair with a possessed doll/hell marionette. pair with a healer leader.

i used to feel that this game can only be won by purchasing gems and getting ultra rare cards, but my main team which i used to finish the game was all earned through bonus cards and the guild shop. i'll agree that some cards which make wars and the main game easier are only available through gems, but those gems can be stockpiled through login bonuses, arena wins, and even tapjoy for free. gl!

Thanks for the heads up on Golem. I was stuck here too and didn't have the right cards to get past
Lee

Return to Dragon Era Discussion