Too much hp for some bosses

Too much hp for some bosses

Postby Mida » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:37 am

I have veen enjoying this game a lot. Finally got a decent deck of cards with 24k hp including a healer. So i can go for high raid bosses and the panzer dragons finally. Because i use a hp team i dont have all players with bug damage. But man what is this game getting boring if i try lvl32+ raid vosses or theanzer dragon level on insane. Raid bosses sometimes take me an hour and i was busy for 3 hours last night to beat the panzer dragon on insane. Why do the bosses have so much hp, it only makes it boring. After 3 hours watching my ipad spin i get dizzy almost :mrgreen:
Hope you can get the hp down a vit, because thats not the point. If you survive a couple of rounds you can survive the boss, so the huge amount o f hp they have is only frustrating. And yes i understand you dont want to make it too easy, but please make it less boring.
Mida

Re: Too much hp for some bosses

Postby Midas » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:46 am

I think that idea of Raid bosses is that you run to them with attack cards and one protect (Marionette, Cyclopes) do as much damage as you can and die happy.
3-5 people do this and RB will be defeated - all will get rewards.

It doesn't designed to create mono-color deck and fight boss with 2.5x HP friend.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Odin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:56 am

Well idk if you are bored or not. I just finshed my 2nd run and got my 2 pz. so yippy.
I personally don't want pz to get any easier. it show both your strategy and commitment.

And btw. are you 2 clone? mida. Midas? lol
Odin

Postby Mida » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Good thinking Midas, never thought of the raid bosses in that way. Can you win a decent card with raid bosses if you dont kill the boss?

And no Odin, no clones. What is dedication, i spend hours a day on this game since some weeks, but 3 hours is too much spinning on one level, i have a life besides the game too. Giving it less hp still asks for strategy, its not an endurance game.
Mida

Postby Midas » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 pm

Yes, you can get decent card this way.
Person who deal most damage to RB get two cards and all others - one.
So you need to run, deal like 1\3 damage, wait one hour, deal 1\3 damage and hope that someone will finish boss. Or you need to return one more time and finish her before she escape.

For RB 30+ it's only way. They deal more than 3.7k damage per turn, so you can't heal it back. Each attack will leave you with less and less HP.
And in 20-30 turns RB will definitely kill you. (Or you are lucky and get Free Spins every 3 turns\recovery)

Even -50% damage won't help you at level 40 Charybdis, that hit for insane 30-40k damage.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby DrRickso » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:00 pm

Mida wrote:i spend hours a day on this game since some weeks, but 3 hours is too much spinning on one level, i have a life besides the game too. Giving it less hp still asks for strategy, its not an endurance game.

I totally agree with that... the game is large, there's tons of cards to collect, & drop rates in harder boards are minimal so there's enough to keep anyone busy... you can tell after a few hits from a boss whether you have the deck to survive there, so tying up a phone or tablet for 3hrs with autospin just seems like a waste of time. most people don't have a zeus, and most of the poison cards don't do enough damage to speed things along, so it becomes a boring exercise to grind some bosses for many players.

Speaking of drop rates... the lack of success on grinding gold chests in the last couple of boards combined with the huge hp of the bosses & sub-bosses, makes me want to never seek out those bonus cards. seems like the opposite response you'd want to get from players. wouldn't higher drop rates on harder/ more hp bosses, keep people encouraged to re-fight those levels?
DrRickso

Return to Dragon Era Discussion