Suggestion: Anti-sleep mode on DE

Suggestion: Anti-sleep mode on DE

Postby Sevoth » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:56 am

Hello, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum to post this thread on, but I saw no "Suggestions" section so I thought "Discussion" could be the most appropriate.

I've been playing Dragon Era for a while now and while I love the game I think there's an issue that can't just be ignored as of now.

My iPhone is set on "autolock: 1 minute" by default, and whenever I'm on some raids that take several minutes (at least 30 minutes usually) to go through I have to regularly tap on my screen in order not to be disconnected. I'm talking about the easier raids where I've set autospin since I'm sure to win in those, and since the autospin feature exists I supposed I wouldn't have to still regularly touch the screen. Otherwise why would this feature exist in the first place?

Most apps like this have an anti-sleep feature limited to the game itself rather than extended to the phone (I mean, it only activates while playing that game and once you exit from the app the phone will go in sleep mode normally with the settings you chose), so I think it shouldn't be too much to ask for. Here is a screenshot to show what I'm talking about:

(Well, maybe not many games since those are usually casual games where you'd log off after a couple minutes, but think of apps like Youtube for example: if we had to tap every few seconds while watching a movie it would be insufferable)

I know Playmage is busy with other things concerning DE already, but in my opinion this feature shouldn't be postponed or ignored altogether. As things are now I'm forced to change my phone's autolock settings right before and after playing DE, and you can guess this can be really annoying in the long run. As I'm sure you care for your customers' happiness I hope you will work on this aspect of the game as well to make sure you will keep as many players as possible and not see them quit out of frustration after a month or so.
Sevoth

Re: Suggestion: Anti-sleep mode on DE

Postby admin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:19 am

Your suggestion is not a bad one and may have some merit, but it's not a priority item we would consider and there are existing work around such as adjusting (or temporarily adjusting) your phone's auto lock/sleep to a longer time (such as 5 minutes). Having anti-sleep option also have downsides and can easily drain your battery when you leave the game to do something else and forgot you had the game running (which can be easily happen more frequently compared to watching a movie).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Anti-sleep mode on DE

Postby Nakazawa » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:32 pm

I'd rather risk to dry my battery forgetting the game on (which is unlikely) than to have to adjust the lock screen timer just for DE.

Having said that, sorry if I invade this thread but I have a few more game comfort enhancements.
Even though I'd prefer a focus on the new in game features or the mechanics (which you are doing pretty well now) I'd like to see these options:
-Guild shortcut button (we have home, war, cards, etc si why not guild which is a thing everyone keeps an eye on a lot of time?)
-Push notifications (of course as an option to avoid annoying players that don't care) for at least messages. It would be awesome to have them also for cooldowns (such as claim, war and raids) but I would be happy with just messages
-Auto refill coins in raid. I don't have a shitty deck, but to kill even a simple raid I need 2-3 coin refills, which stop autospinning and on the long time they become booooring. Of course as an option because there could be situations where a player wouldn't refill coins, but a lot of them would like this.
Still, I like this game without these things but it would be a better gameplay with them.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Return to Dragon Era Discussion