Jewel sea dragon map

Jewel sea dragon map

Postby sora1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:24 pm

I think the new map is kind of waste of time.
The energy cost for a run cost to much and they are easy to kill. 15 energy and 25 for a little bit of xp
The xp gain isnt that great and the most chest that u can get is 4 with boss chest.
why do that jewel when i can do a normal map with 1.5X the drop rate and get 9 card and level my card better and the xp is still good
with less energy cost too.only 10- 16 energy use and 9 chest.
Maybe if those jewel card give a small chance of skill lvl up or more increase in xp or even more chest drop THEN maybe it is worth it but
i dont think that the jewel run is worth it with only 1 hour of event only
sora1

Re: Jewel sea dragon map

Postby Nakazawa » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:53 pm

...more increase in xp? haven't you already noticed it or you meant a bigger one?
I got 1600 exp more or less with 2 6* 2 5* and 2 4*, which Is an HUGE amount of exp compared to time/energy/card cost.
They are fine as they are. Few xp but, Who cares, I do it for the cards exp.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby mee » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I have to agree with op....30 energy to possibly get 6 cards is ridiculous and that is the lesser map with four and five star exp cards....good luck getting a six star...i won't be partaking unless changes are made...just my opinion
mee

Postby fire ice » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 pm

I did a test run on the dificult jewel dragon map and the same energy on the .5 energy map.

Jewel dragon map difficult: 25 energy

4 5* dragons & 1 5* dragon = 731 EXP

.5 energy map 12x: 24 energy

28 2* monsters = 1008 EXP

Both took close to the same amount of time although the .5 energy maps took more steps. I did the difficult map several times and the results were similar, once was less. This was without any gold chests, but they seem to be fairly rare. I'll keep up the test and do an average after 10 runs, but it will be after the gold maps.
Last edited by fire ice on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fire ice

Postby Odin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:59 pm

Lulz. fix the word energy. its EXP
Odin

Postby fire ice » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Oops there we go
fire ice

Postby Boop » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 am

I have to agree with everyone else. Playmage, we are not complaining, just stating that this new level has inferior mechanisms and doesn't make sense. You'd definately use the .5 energy maps to level up consistently instead of the Gem Dragons.

Maybe if Gem dragons were lower energy cost it might be viable.

On a side note, we have Solomans, Panzer, Gem Dragons and .5 Energy going simultaneously. Let's consider the attractions.

1 - Soloman's: Easy gold stream to donate, turns into 6* monster, Card slots, Revive and the ultimate requirement, Energy Potions. Top tier energy usage.
2 - .5 Energy: Get ~400xp for 3 energy, and a couple of cards, plus a small amount of gold. If you don't need huge gold flow, this is definitely second choice.
3 - Panzers: Get your required amount of Panzers, and get out. Everyone does it till they have what they need.
4 - Gem Dragons: Spend 25 energy to maybe get a high xp card, kind of, hopefully, maybe. (.5 Energy maps are better for this). Bottom tier energy choice.

As I said above, Playmage. This is feedback, not complaining. There is an energy vs utility equation which players need to fill. Gem Dragons have no place in this equation currently.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby admin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:38 am

These dungeons are designs to help players to level-up their cards, and for that reason only. On average, they are designed give more card-exp per energy when compared to the 50% energy stages, but there are occasions where if you land all baby jewel dragons or don't hit the max chests. I will forward this feedback to our design team to make sure it's obvious choice for gaining card-exp on more consistent basis.
admin
Site Admin

Postby fire ice » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:05 pm

We'll put boop. AndtThanks for the response playmage, and I'll continue to test it when the gold map ends.
fire ice

Postby Boop » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks for the response Playmage. Increasing drops, or lowering energy (or both) for Sea Dragons will probably see it used more. Personal opinion of course.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion