Just wondering, why is there a 150 limit on card slots?

Just wondering, why is there a 150 limit on card slots?

Postby Nzbiker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:40 am

I'm sure there is a logical reason for the 150 card limit, but for the life of me I can't see it.
If someone what's to hold 800 cards, let them. It doesn't effect the gameplay or give anyone any advantages.
I guess the only thing I can think of is it forces people to clear up the cards and not keep a bunch of " I might just need them in the future " cards.
I know I'm probably missing something......
andy
Northern lights
Nzbiker

Re: Just wondering, why is there a 150 limit on card slots?

Postby Proton » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:41 am

Probably because it can kill the server. Imagine 1000 people with 1000 cards in their storage. Server has a lot to process. That's my idea at least.

But yea, I would love an increase in card slots.
Proton

Postby Odin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 am

To make it hard to stock feeding material for strengthening. If a person are full of card then acquire a new card. They are forced to go on farming.
Odin

Postby Nzbiker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Ok, so I don't believe it can be server issues
The farming issue I don't understand. I farm independently of card slots. I guess you could say it forces you to get off your butt and turn all those 4* dragons and evolve them.
If there is no reason, may I request an increase.
Many thanks
andy
Northern lights
Nzbiker

Postby admin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:46 am

The max limit used be lower and was increased a couple times actually. The reason for the previous lower limit is to reduce the load time of the card list which can be very slow, especially on Android and lower spec phones may take up to 5-10 seconds to open a list of 150 cards. We later changed the loading to be dynamic so it's not as affected by list size, but having a large list can still be hard to manage or scroll through. Most importantly, anything over the current 150 limit will cause some lower spec devices to actually crash while loading the card list due to memory restriction. Before we bump this limit again, we would either remove the support for those phones, or add an extraneous paging mechanism first.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nzbiker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:08 am

Ok thanks for the info admin,
Now it makes sense, I didn't think there was a fundamental game mechanism limit.
When you get a chance, please increase the limit, I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling to manage cards.
Cheers
andy
Northern lights
Nzbiker

Postby Lickzy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Proton wrote:Probably because it can kill the server. Imagine 1000 people with 1000 cards in their storage. Server has a lot to process. That's my idea at least.

But yea, I would love an increase in card slots.

You're absolutely right Proton, as confirmed by the admin. I once bought 400 "feeder" cards to strengthen cards of mine. The amount of lag and loadtime was horrendous. Even when maxed at 150 cards, it takes a few seconds to render all the card graphics at times.

An increase would be nice but i'll pass on the latency issues.
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby Nzbiker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:57 pm

All makes sense now, I use a tablet and hadn't really noticed any lag issues, but it totally makes sense on a phone with low memory.
I do hope the issue is addressed with a new paging system as admin suggested, but as of now it's just feed those cards to the most hungry....
andy
Northern lights
Nzbiker

Return to Dragon Era Discussion