playmage you FKed up

playmage you FKed up

Postby mee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 am

I just think its not cool that only top two guilds get boss card is all...we put together a much more active guild than the last and we were expecting to do much better..say top 5...but top two is a little much..sorry for the rant..i know you guys do what's best for all...we'll see how this goes
Last edited by mee on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mee

Postby mee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:19 am

Last edited by mee on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mee

Re: playmage you FKed up

Postby admin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:31 am

We have been tweaking the every time for the past wars, so there really is no need to flame and rant on the forum just because you do not like the setup we are trying for this guild war. This change actually will likely not decrease number of 7-star boss card issued out, but will shift some of to the second top finisher of guilds that won't finish in the top positions. This is too early to speculate and start flame wars even before the guild war starts. But if after the guild war it shows that change doesn't work out, then we will tweak it again for the next war.
admin
Site Admin

Postby kerubin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:46 am

Ummm. Okayy. So first things first, whacha wana bet?
kerubin

Postby kerubin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:14 am

mee wrote:And i bet most of obscurity who are the payer whiners will be in here to defend your wondrous actions....

come on. don't be shy lol. what would you like to bet with?
Sorry if it defeats the purpose of your post but it just so happens (i feel so, so sorry for you) to be the first question that popped into my head after reading your post.
kerubin

Postby Boop » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:23 am

Playmage has been working overtime on this game to make various improvements to help people of all levels and skill. The recent change to energy potions proves this. With the exception of the last guild war, the 7* only went to the top 2 guilds, and top1 member of each guild over 50k points. The fact that they added 2nd place within a guild is still an improvement to the first two guild wars. Did you forget this? Or were you not involved in them?

Tweaking takes time, you can't explode like this. When i disliked the new sea dragons, I did my best to present an objective argument to the developers explaining why it was not a good map. Cut out the insults and such, and maybe your voice will mean something.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:11 am

Yes - I will agree that 'flying off the handle' is not the way to go. Even though I disagree with some of the philosophy of how things occur - the best way to go about this is to open up more rational debate - it may work (as in the recent tweaks to guild rewards) if you put a rational argument rather than flaming.
Bigbadjohn

Postby DrRickso » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:38 am

while free2play, Playmage is still running a business... how they tweaked the rewards makes perfect sense to get more players to spend gems to at least gain top two of their guild... why give away 7 star cards to the entire #3 & 4 guilds, where only handful will pay for gems when you can get a couple of people from EVERY guild to pay for gems at the hopes of finishing 1st or 2nd in their guild?

go complain to Sony & Microsoft developers for charging $60 per game when you don't get nearly the same replay value out of them compared to this. also, good luck finding someone there who takes your ideas into consideration when creating updated content regularly. don't want to spend a couple of bucks on gems? fine, save them up from the daily rewards, arena, and 100% chapters... but if you love the game, support it.
DrRickso

Postby Nzbiker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:25 am

We'll I'm not in obscurity or any of the top 5 guilds but I think the new system is much fairer.
My reasoning is the following.
1. In order for a team to win guild wars, we are talking greater than 500k gps, prob this time 800k. That means that each player in that team is at least 20k min and the top guys prob north of 100k. So in my mind with that dedication they all deserve the card.
2. As you move down the guild rankings there will be fewer players contributing as a team and a few heavy hitters. The people who do not contribute in those guilds do not deserve a card, but the higher contributors do.
3. For the rest of us, lower level guilds, we love the fact that 2 of our heavy hitting players can now get a card, it's awesome.
The new system does this, it gives more of a chance to people in the lower Lvl guilds, who have no hope any other way.
I do understand it's a little frustrating as a guild to get 3rd and everyone in the guild was a heavy hitter, but that's the race. Go for glory etc.
the new system , for sure encourages smaller guilds to form as we'll, I'm not sure if this was the intention, but I think it's all good.

The one thing I would say, but I'm not sure it's very relevant, is the 2k min gps for a team prize for the higher level prizes is to low, prob be 10k. This is a moot point as I'm sure in the top guilds everyone is doing more than 10k.

Now watch out for northern lights :) we came 8 th last time, going for a 7th :d
andy
Northern lights
Nzbiker

Postby Lickzy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:22 pm

@mee...hahaha it took you four f***king days to realize and comment on the changes made to the guild war? That fact, and the way in which you articulate yourself, speaks volumes about your level of intelligence,

As for free gems and pal points, no we never have to ask, they are just given to us. Rightly so, as you're not in a top guild, you wouldn't know that as opposed to claiming 500 gold every 4 hours, Obscurity and Murked Resil members get 5 gems instead. It's not a lot but it helps to buy pots and other things. The best part is when we get to spin the wheel and win between 10 and 200 gems, that really helps. Regardless the amount of gems, we also win a flat rate of 1000 pal points.

Hope that clears up any misconceptions mee.

[Notes by Admin: Even though it's fairly obvious, I would like to clarify and make sure all forum readers that LIckzy is joking and being sarcastic in this post. Top guilds do not get any hidden in-game special bonuses such as the wheel spin.]
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion