How exactly does 'friendship' work?

How exactly does 'friendship' work?

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:16 am

I am still a little puzzled about how the available 20 friends are allocated. the question is relevant as last guild war I repeatedly had nobody available with the required leader skill at the time I wanted to do a guild war run.
It wasn't that my friends didn't have the right thing showing - it was that the 3 or 4 who had what I wanted were not on my list of 20 available!
I thought it was supposed to be the last 20 that logged on but that didn't hold once as somebody changed their command monster but it didn't show - should they have logged off/on too?
Can anybody definitively explain how this works?
Last edited by Bigbadjohn on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigbadjohn

Re: How exactly does 'friendship' work?

Postby Odin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 am

Yeah, this doesnt support Friend slot gem buying either.
Admin, you guys have any logic for this?
Odin

Postby Bigbadjohn » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:32 am

Reading Lickzy's post it is probably optimum to 'purge' your friend list down to the key 20 who may have what you require for the guild war - this seems counter-intuitive and feels anti-social but the lack of availability of the correct team last war probably cost me almost 2000 points.
The key thing to know is exactly how to 'cycle' your list - does somebody have to log off/on to force themselves onto the list?
Bigbadjohn

Postby admin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:00 am

Bigbadjohn wrote:Reading Lickzy's post it is probably optimum to 'purge' your friend list down to the key 20 who may have what you require for the guild war - this seems counter-intuitive and feels anti-social but the lack of availability of the correct team last war probably cost me almost 2000 points.
The key thing to know is exactly how to 'cycle' your list - does somebody have to log off/on to force themselves onto the list?

Yes, the friend needs to have recently logged in to appear in the helper list. This is actually explained in the help sections.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Odin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 am

plz oh wise and powerful admin, show us some logic in this time of madness ???
Odin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:14 am

Odin wrote:plz oh wise and powerful admin, show us some logic in this time of madness ???

It basically picks the 20 most recently logged in friends that have logged in within the last 12 hours. If you need a particular friends' cards and he has not logged in the past 12 hours or is not one of the most recently 20, then you can coordinate with those players to have one of them login before you attack so their card is available to you. The reason this is done this way is to encourage better coordination between players/friends. (It's actually also a marketing tactic to encourage players to get their friends and family to play the game as well, as they are the easiest people to coordinate with. With the new messaging system, coordinating with online friends should be easier too).
admin
Site Admin

Postby Odin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:20 am

uhh, more logic please.
I can divide your answer into 2 part, coordnation between family, real life friend, and online friend.
Part 1: no problem. Sure, anyone here can raise your hand if your family is playing with you?
Part 2: yay, more paradox. If we rely on in-game messeging system, we are screwed. If they log in and check their messege, voila, what is the point to send them messege anyway? I mean beside that they are already online and was putting up leader we dont need.

Please reconsider the option of letting us choose all the leader we want, you can keep the 12 hour restriction, just remove the top 20 thing.
And if not, i dont understand what is so bad about our friend being hyper active and crowded out other friend? are we supppose to be ultra super legend hyper active just to compete in activeness?
Odin

Postby Nakazawa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 am

I have 3 RL friends and my brother playing. (Just to Raise my hand)
BTW I solve partially this having just 20 friends. And as for a specific leader I have to ask them, If they can't or they are offline guess I should change tactics. Having friends leaders skills Is a bonus, If I have it I'm lucky and thankful, If I don't, well, maybe try later. Not to be harsh, just my thoughts.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby Odin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 am

Good for you.
Btw, i m appealing this to have 50 friends, not to purge them one by one until 20 left :)
Btw2, your post is not harsh at all? why you say so?
Odin

Postby Proton » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:57 am

I personally find this top 20 thing not useful and as said before, counter productive to socializing aspect of the game. I have 65 friends total. Even though lickzy's guide recommends keeping only 20 friends any one time, I would never do that. There are people who do that however. I personally do not re-dd someone who has deleted me to follow this 20 friends guide. The game should be more about interaction, socializing, but it is clear it is just raw power and pay2win.

But to answer your question: To perform a Friendship, when the opponent is defeated, the player must perform a special button combination for their character and have won that round using only High or Low Kick. (wiki)
Proton

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion