How exactly does 'friendship' work?

Re: How exactly does 'friendship' work?

Postby DrRickso » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 am

I thought you had to have 10 draws in a row, then a double ko before friendship showed up? (I was more into SF than MK :lol: )

anyways- with the guild boards and messaging feature, you can pretty much ask someone to put up a key card you need for a specific board so i see no reason to limit the friends to 20. also, at any given time- a majority of my friends end up running a holy priestess so I'd rather have a bigger pool to pull from.
DrRickso

Postby admin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:26 am

I have brought up this concern again with our dev team. They have reconfirmed that the helper size limit is required to both increase the stickiness, socialness, and difficulty of the game. Other games with similar friend-helper mechanism actually are much more restrictive then ours, where once you used a recently logged in friend's help, they will be completely removed from the list until the next time they login.

However, we are able make couple minor improvement tweaks to the current system without compromising the goal of the limit.
- Increased the limit from the most recent 20 to 25.
- To give better control for Guild Wars, prioritize recent logged in players in your friend list first, then add recent logged guild members that isn't in your friends list.

Other than that, there are couple recommendations to make getting useful helpers easier:
- Add more player whose leader card you can use so they show up more often.
- Put the best leader card you friends can utilize and login more often when possible, and ask your friends do the same.
admin
Site Admin

Postby DrRickso » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:41 pm

admin wrote:... then add recent logged guild members that isn't in your friends list.

While not as much of an issue with a lot of people thinning down their friends list, having members with no open friend slots should exclude them from showing up. Id even go a step further and say if I have no open friend slots, I should only see my list.

It's a waste of a click to take the chance on another member's card just to use it's regular skill only to find that the battle ends and it is impossible to send them a friend request.

It would, however, make sense if leader skills were available no matter who you clicked on, with the friends list having the benefit of showing up regularly as opposed to random non-friends.
DrRickso

Postby Lickzy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 pm

I agree that the friendship system needs some work, however, if anyone can suggest a better way to access the cards you want most often, that DOESN'T involve trimming your friends list down, please enlighten me,

Call it anti-social or what have you, but the sociability aspect of the games is here on the forums, on the guild wall, social media, instant messenger and in game messaging. Just because someone is on my "friend list" does not mean I have any sort of personal attachment to them. They are there so I can use their cards... That's it. If I want to look at a long list of friends that serve little more than a "popularity contest", I'll log on to Facebook.
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby DrRickso » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:25 pm

...there's no strategy involved in the current "friendship" aspect of the game... either the people I need are or are not available. it only serves as an inconvenience, because I have to set 2 of my 5 teams with one or the other leader I need with the same core team.

now that we have a messaging system, that can provide the bonus of being a friend or not as well.
DrRickso

Postby slacks » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:25 pm

I think the paradox is that as you level up, you gain more friends slots that you can't use. I’d rather have less friend cards in my deck to gain certainty I can use them whenever I need them.

While I appreciate that you upped it to 25 slots, I think this would work best in the same fashion that the guild lab is done. The higher your guild lab level is, the more members you can have; the more members you have in your guild, the more star members you can have. I think this could be related to the friend list; the more friend slots you get as you level up, 50% (or a certain percentage) of those could be the amount of visible friends you can use, which will give a player more incentive to continue to level in the game.

As a side note, a personal shop would be a great way to add further depth to the game.
Dragon Era | slacks - a6355d | Guild - Elite
slacks

Postby Midas » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:14 am

This randomness of friends create dynamic in game.
You need to adapt you strategy for current list and this is good!

Also, more friends you have - more different Raid Bosses you can fight.
So you need to decide, do you wan to have static helpers and stick only with 25 friends, or take 50 of them and get more RB action plus increased pal points.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Clos » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 am

Midas wrote:Also, more friends you have - more different Raid Bosses you can fight.
So you need to decide, do you wan to have static helpers and stick only with 25 friends, or take 50 of them and get more RB action plus increased pal points.

This doesn't really matter as you have an hour cool down. Meaning that 25 friends is enough.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby Midas » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Not, if they all reach RB high enough that you can't kill it.
You need new friends, with lower level RB.

Don't forget about people who lower level than you)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Clos » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 pm

That just means that you'll use more of your 1 hour refreshes doing damage to attempt to kill the same monster. Thus requiring less friends.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion