Guild shop

Re: Guild shop

Postby Midas » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:22 am

I love to see how offended players become personal and start insulting others.
This show great amount of butthurt they have in mind.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Boop » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:24 am

admin wrote:- All cards and evolution material will be limited to 1 purchase per refresh (potions and card-limit will remain unlimited buys).
- When above change happens, we will increase the appear rates for 6* cards in level 7+ shops (by 20-30%) to compensate for the retroactive limitation.

I'm usually on your side Admin/PM in regards to changes because you're often trying to make things better. I highly doubt this change will assist the gamer side of things though. That 20-30% increase is not enough to compensate singular purchases in the Guild Shop. Please reconsider.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Odin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:34 am

Admin, can you go over statistic and see?
We high lvl player make tens of millions of coin per week. And with the new guild shop, i will be spending it on ? what. My best chances is 2 millions per 6* per week now, hah? or 1 months in my case since i last saw a good 6*. You must ask that persistant developer dude, what do are we going to do with our coins? bird man seems so atracting now :)
You make it to accomodate and balance the game to new player but you really gonna make it frustrating to us, your loyal player? For some months now.
Odin

Postby admin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:36 am

Boop wrote:
admin wrote:- All cards and evolution material will be limited to 1 purchase per refresh (potions and card-limit will remain unlimited buys).
- When above change happens, we will increase the appear rates for 6* cards in level 7+ shops (by 20-30%) to compensate for the retroactive limitation.

I'm usually on your side Admin/PM in regards to changes because you're often trying to make things better. I highly doubt this change will assist the gamer side of things though. That 20-30% increase is not enough to compensate singular purchases in the Guild Shop. Please reconsider.

This isn't something that can reconsider as it's a fix to something improperly implemented. The rate increase and extended notice is the best I was negotiate for you guys so far, but I can try to negotiate again based on our players response for slightly higher rate increase or slightly longer notice period (no promises).
admin
Site Admin

Postby mee » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:43 am

It then would only be fair to reopen happy weekend for that remaining time left before the fix
mee

Postby Dav55 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:48 am

Please increase they rate of 6* showing up in shop by 400% or literal terms from 5% to 20%
Dav55

Postby digitalwei » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:54 am

game imbalance you mean ... this is not a rant, but some observations / predictions. Please take this in the way it is intended. I still really like the game and will still play, but this "simple" change will have a very dramatic impact on the game. It will certainly change my game play style and my spending habits. I do have a few suggestions to further help offset these effects. Thank you for your consideration.

1) This will create an immediate upper and lower class of players. Consider all the higher level players who have been able to buy multiples up to this point vs everyone else. This will create a HUGE schism between them and the rest that will be insurmountable. In effect, those who have been lucky enough to cash in on a few good finds in the shop will always be at the top of the heap. Worse, players in the lower tier will not be able to "graduate" unless they spend $$$ in pure gem recruits. Suggestion: we will need another path to obtain cards - perhaps more sales / deals on card recruiting would be a good offset.

2) Shop % roll change will not make much difference. Even if the 6* changes are multiplied, the chances are so low now and with show refresh at 3 hrs, it will take forever and a day to find enough to evolve (3 x nearly 0% is still nearly 0%). Suggestion: a more useful change might be going back to hourly shop refreshes.

3) Card limit will be too constraining. Players will have to store many, many more half-baked cards in hand now, hoping to see that next re-roll in the shop over many months, making the 150 card limit constraining. In the current situation, we can at least focus on a particular card at a time, buying the lot when they rarely roll up in the shop and then spending the next few weeks leveling/evolving them perhaps just in time for the next new card to roll up in the shop. In the new situation, we will have to hold many, many 1/2 done cards and will soon choke on the 150 limit. Since it has been explained earlier that we cannot increase the card limit due to memory/speed limitations, this will further reduce player's abilities to fully evolve cards. Suggestion: none, sorry.

4) 7* and 8* dragons will no longer be created. Dragons are unique in that they take a ton of evolves to grow. It takes 32 baby dragons to make a 7*, and 64 to make an 8*. There is no way someone starting new, will be able to wait for 64 shop refreshes (minus the few you might find in daily, and in normal stages) to buy all the babies you'll need to evolve an 8*. Whomever already has these evolved dragons, congrats, they will remain unique in the game. Suggestion: allow higher * dragons to appear in the shop to offset this.

5) Weekend mines become far less valuable. Typical power player practice now (at least myself and many of my friends) is to use a ton of energy refills over the weekend and mine constantly. I will make $50 investments purely for energy alone and use it up in ~2 weekends. Last weekend I mined 10mil, for instance, and it was nearly constant activity. In today's shop, one find of a good 6* (which happens only perhaps once or twice a month, if you are lucky - at least for me) will wipe out that 100K gp stash, forcing me to keep mining at this huge clip. With the new shop mechanics, I will be able to save my $$, since I won't need to mine hardly anymore, since there will be little in the shop to use up my gp. This will further add to the 2-tier class system, since many higher level players have a lot of gp / coin stashed and will not be able to spend it now. Suggestion: none, but my pocketbook thanks you for this change. I won't need to be spending any more $$ in this game since natural energy growth will be more than sufficient to keep up with whatever little bit I might be able to buy in the shop. Also my weekend thanks you. I can now do other things with my weekend, rather than mine-mine-mine.

As always, your active support of this game is a paramount "feature" so I look forward to your response. Many thanks, GreyRose
digitalwei

Postby DrRickso » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 am

fix sometging that people were able to use and enjoy for months?!? so since ive had shit luck in my shop with no zeus or any 8 * cards- chances are ill never have one, and my competition in arena and guild wars are people with those cards? its unfair to implement a change like that at this point. congrats on destroying the one piece of the game that made up for the ripoff that is gem recruiting
DrRickso

Postby admin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:17 am

admin wrote:
Boop wrote:

This isn't something that can reconsider as it's a fix to something improperly implemented. The rate increase and extended notice is the best I was negotiate for you guys so far, but I can try to negotiate again based on our players response for slightly higher rate increase or slightly longer notice period (no promises).

I am still talking to the design team regarding this issue and doing the best I can to negotiate a higher increase and longer notice period, please stay tuned.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Boop » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:34 am

Thank you for the prompt replies and continual effort to help us. As much as it pains me to 'complain'', this is a bad decision for the community (in regards to team creation).

As pointed out above, this kind of change will create a huge gap for newer players to break into the upper echelon of the community. That is a real concern for the longevity of the game. These competitive games require newer players to be able to feel accomplished in order to keep attempting to progress. How are they meant to accomplish anything like this? You'll lose a lot of people (over time) who feel like they are not getting anywhere.

The change to hourly shop is actually a good suggestion though, as it will give us more shop opportunities to get the cards.

But regardless of how it goes, the producer needs to understand that this change will slow competition and growth, and negative gearing is not what a thriving community needs.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion