ELITE - Sup players?

Re: ELITE - Sup players?

Postby Boop » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:17 am

Ahh, so you're in Murked? It isn't over till the fat lady sings! Very exciting war actually.
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby Proton » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 am

Very exciting seeing playmage milking players indeed.

Exciting!
Proton

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:05 am

Not sure exciting is the adjective I would choose to use. This Guild War has made me lose a lot of my 'love' for the game - another example of short term gouging of players which may have a negative longer term impact.
Somebody is going to lose big time here and there will be tears and recriminations I feel - so on the positive side is short term revenue which is going to be balanced by players being pissed about losing the zero-sum fight.
Bigbadjohn

Postby admin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:48 am

Proton wrote:Very exciting seeing playmage milking players indeed.

Exciting!

Sorry, but let it be absolutely clear that It was never our intention to "milk" players. The rules and reward tables were set straight forward before the war started and we even adjust the personal reward for the better further during the enroll period. Also, the players who chose to support the game and spent Gems or Guild Wars should been aware that they are not paying for a guarantee victory, but to give their guild a chance to win and enjoyment of the competition. Furthermore, we absolutely did not expect the huge turnout this war and the tight race at the top, as the race wasn't this big in the previous 3 wars. We had same expectation that some players will be disappointed, like the 4th place guild in the first two wars or the fifth place in the last war. But yes, the third place guild will be more disappointed and upset due to the tight competition in this war, but it was never once in our mind to intentionally set things up to upset those player. The reduction of guild spots that wins the best card and improving personal rewards was a suggestion made by this community that we decided to try out for this war, and we had no expectation whether it will be better or worse compared to previous wars. As mentioned before, we will continue to tweak the guild war reward table in the coming guild wars based on new results, so further improvement to the reward tables, especially personal rewards, is to be expected for the next war.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:45 am

Fixed rewards would have stopped all this grief - so I will still state that I support rewards that are related more directly to effort - maybe I am just a tiny part of the 'community' but I still would prefer a reward system with some more direct emphasis on rewards being related to 'absolute' effort and not 'relative' effort.

The sort of fight for the top 3 was going to happen eventually - it doesn't matter how this is tweaked IMHO - all that was done is that the relative boundaries were changed - I've looked back through the posts and find the change in rewards from GW2 to GW3 slightly strange given feedback out there! Also given that you had 3 'top guilds' before and reduced it to '2' if the game is meant to be expanding that was always counter-intuitive and it created a bigger barrier to entry for new guilds - again counter to the admin responses to the community - not sure where the consistency of approach is here.

I do really feel sorry for the members of Elite who have spent considerable sums on this guild war and are going to get very little reward - it seems harsh but you could have replaced Elite with Obscurity or Murked Resil if different quantities of gems had been purchased.
Bigbadjohn

Postby Lickzy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:22 pm

This recent guild war has completely changed the dynamic of guild wars. I can say with full honesty I will NEVER shell out cash for any future wars as I did with this one. Infact, it would be advantageous for me and other top players to simply start their own guilds prior to guild wars, get their 50k GP and guarantee themselves a 7 star card as opposed to the cash battle to rank in 1st or 2nd.
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby admin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely adjust the rewards table for the next Guild War as mentioned earlier. Please remember on top of the 7-star or 6-star cards you would get, all the guild points you earned can also be spent purchasing various goodies from the guild shop. Even if you don't find the cards or material you need in the shop, most of top players can almost earn enough GP for 10 Gems spent refreshing the timer to purchase a potion, which has the same value. So even for those who don't get the best rewards, the guild points earned do not totally lose their values.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nakazawa » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:13 pm

"off" topic:
Just to know and see how my damage is shit compared to top 3...
Who was the highest contributor? And how many points he hit for?
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby Lickzy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Bigbadjohn wrote:
I do really feel sorry for the members of Elite who have spent considerable sums on this guild war and are going to get very little reward - it seems harsh but you could have replaced Elite with Obscurity or Murked Resil if different quantities of gems had been purchased.

I don't get it. Why do you feel Sorry for Elite BigBadJohn. by the looks of it, I don't think 7 star cards for your whole team is a "very little reward". Maybe I'm wrong?
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby Proton » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:32 pm

War tactics Lickzy.

Sheesh.
Proton

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion