Dragon Era - Shell Team Discussion

Dragon Era - Shell Team Discussion

Postby Boop » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 pm

One thing which people ask a lot is ‘What team do I run for X stage?’, however what is not usually discussed is why.

I have assembled a few team formats which should give both new and experienced players an understanding of what teams are effective, why they are effective and what stage types they are effective in.

Layout explanation – There are obviously two leaders in a team (one yours, and another from your friend list). I will list multiple other team members, these are interchangeable depending on your current requirements. I will provide reasoning and my advice on what to take, but this is not law, just my interpretation.

These shells are in no particular order.

Shell 1 – Mono Colour Balanced

Leader: x2 ATK / x2 HP
Leader: Healer
Team Member: HP Beast
Team Member: Panzer Dragon x2
Team Member: Poison (Situational)
Team Member: Single Target Shooter (Situational)

This team is very common, easy to put together and effective. Run it all in the same colour, don’t mix since the x2 ATK/HP bonus is only for the one colour source. It is great for running most non-difficult maps in a breeze, ie: Solomon’s. Having x2 ATK and HP gives you great statistics for your damage cards, and when you double the HP of a HP Beast card, you should be sitting above 16k easily. This team should be able to run you through most of Chapter 4 without even thinking. If you’re at the stage in the game where you can acquire Panzer Dragons, you can have two (or three) in your team at max level, and just use the activate ability every 9 turns to run through Solomons. After a period of time, your Single Target Shooters (Vampire Princess etc) will start getting replaced by Panzer Dragon’s due to their ability to wipe a level up front. The Poison card is only there for when you encounter enemies which have high armour. Usually such a problem is found in Panzer levels, so that won’t really be a problem for this team.

Shell 2 – Mono Colour Survival

Leader: x2.5 HP
Team Member: HP Beast x2
Team Member: Poison
Team Member: Zeus
Team Member: Panzer Dragon (Situational)

The point of this team is just too slow grind out a difficult level. Again, run it in a single colour, my suggestion is Red due to the Zeus and Flesh Lotus and x2 Naga. If you can’t run Red, run Black then because it’ll give you access to Necromancer for high poison damage. This comes into play nicely for some of Chapter 4 and 5. Having 2 HP Beasts at x2.5 HP gives you a large increase in health and survivability. The Poison card is grind out the levels and kill the bosses. Zeus’ activate does an instant 30% damage to all enemies, and while this does not sound like a lot to those of you who have not encountered the higher levels, it actually means a whole lot. The Panzer Dragon if you choose to put it in would be to wipe out the lower levels, but I’d prefer a Zeus myself for the boss. I think little else needs to be explained as to where and when you’d run this.

Shell 3 – Defensive Counter Pick

Leader: 50% Damage Reduction (Or Cyclops)
Team Member: HP Beast x2
Team Member: Poison
Team Member: Zeus
Team Member: Panzer Dragon (Situational)

This team is critical for Panzer Dragons. The 50% reduction should obviously counter the coloured stage you’re entering. Healer choice of preference is White. The two HP Beasts could be one Immortal Snake Spirit and one Naga, then you have an Intimidate and a secondary poison for lower levels. My poison card of choice would be Necromancer due to its high damage. If you have Zeus, pop him in, if not Panzer is an ok substitute. At a minimum Panzer will help you go through the easier stages much faster. The theory is to tank the damage required, whilst safely (although slowly) getting to the end of the level. This format is better than a x2.5 HP leader because your healing leader is healing a higher percentage of your health per turn.

Shell 4 – Resurrection

Leader – Death Guard
Leader – Healer
Team Member – Panzer Dragon
Team Member – Poison
Team Member – Single Target Shooter

This team is very specific to stages which have a boss you would find extremely difficult to defend against. For instance, some bosses hit for over 50k damage. The team theory is based around having a low HP count so you’re dying from nearly every hit. The HP count of your team should not be more than double of what your healer can output. With a white healer, you’d run no more than 6.8k health. A prime example of using this team is for Void Field when you’re at a low level, but need the maps. The last boss hits for 22k or there abouts, so every time the boss one shots your team, you live on 1hp. Between the rounds you heal up and collect your required chests quite safely. This team can be used on quite a few maps, so it isn’t specific to this one stage.

Shell 5 – Multi Auto Spin

Leader – All A type gain xB attack damage.
Leader – Healer (preferably of A type)
Team Member: A Type x3 different colours
Team Member: HP Beast

A primary example of this team is a Lucifer/Bahamut team. For instance, Lucifer gives all Demons (A) x3 (B) Attack damage. Specific to Lucifer there is also a Demon healer which works nicely. This means we can have a multi coloured team of Demons running at x3 damage. With the inclusion of one HP Beast monster we have enough HP to tank Solomon’s, whilst breezing through it on auto-spin. Bahamut does a similar feature but to Attack type creatures (he also has more HP than Lucifer). This is for easy grinding of Solomon’s, or .5 energy maps and the likes. Use this when at work and not paying attention, or if time is a constraint.

All of the above teams are formed from my own impressions of discussions with other plays or what I’ve read on various forums. If you think differently, speak up so we can optimise further. If you have other shell’s you’d like to see added to this, comment below of PM me so we can edit this post and add accordingly
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Re: Dragon Era - Shell Team Discussion

Postby fire ice » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:29 pm

We'll done boop. Thanks for taking the time to put this together, I have people always asking me what teams to run. Admins y'all should sticky this as well.
fire ice

Postby xXimmortalXx » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:19 am

wow.. didn't know ur English so pro~~~ :lol:
xXimmortalXx

Postby Boop » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 am

Wah lao, English interpretation and manipulation is basically my job. -_-;

Also, thanks fire ice. :)
Boop

Postby Mumm » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Thank you for posting this is very useful!
Mumm

Postby Boop » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Anytime Mumm. I've had a couple of people discuss other team theory in the mean time with me. I plan on adding a couple of shells over the next week. If you have anything else to ask, feel free to ask here, or PM me.
Boop

Return to Dragon Era Discussion