Future Guild Wars

Future Guild Wars

Postby Lickzy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:58 pm

I have 2 suggestions:

1) All players that love to blow money ie. myself, DrRick, Proton, Bakiz, Harcourt etc... everyone join one guild and then BAM no competition.

2) Before Guild wars start, quit your guild, start a 2 person guild, contribute over 50k and both you and a friend guarantee yourself a 7 star card.

I'm at a total loss for the broken guild war mechanics. I'm better off competing on my own, guaranteeing myself a 7 star card, and using in game messaging and this board for social aspects. I don't really NEED any other cards, including what's available in shop so I might as well pursue this for future wars.

This is garbage.
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Re: Future Guild Wars

Postby Nakazawa » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Using this as a real suggestion thread for guild wars: why not setting back top 3 and not top 2 BUT instead of giving the 7* to every 2k+, giving it to only 10k for the first, 20k for the second and 30k for the third? This would limit the rarity of 7* without creating issues like this one.
Individual rewards were good imho (but which is the point of the fire maiden?) and adding a 11-20th prize tier was a great idea too.
Kermit, GM of Damn Guild Name.
Nakazawa

Postby Rudran » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:04 pm

To Playmage: Are you going to recycle the same bosses and cards after the next war?? That might be a breaking point for myself... Hardly anyone uses the cards as it is, winning the guild war is mostly for bragging rights. I'd like to see a change in the mechanics, new bosses, and new useful cards in future guild wars. My wishlist for what it's worth.
Rudran

Postby Odin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:36 pm

To make people happy and discourage mass spending but instead encourage small payout from top player in small guild.
Make it like this.

Everyone in top 2 or 3 got bosd card. 2 people per top guild has 2 bosscard.
anyone in lowrr guild rank under will get boss card if pass 50k. How about that?
8 star stil rare and no one complain wasting money or breaking guild to smaller.
Odin

Postby DrRickso » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:38 pm

playmage- in the future how about we ditch the rarity idea behind what most consider virtually useless boss cards (crap in the arena, cp cost too high, 3x attack isnt all great when hp is the key to the game) and provide one to anyone over 50k? a lot of people dropped serious money at the hopes of getting a glorified trophy card and came up short. almost everyone, winners included feel jipped at the return on their investment this war- and simply changing the structure "next time" might not be enough to retain a lot of the more jaded players. keep in mind that rarity of these cards will be less so when the bosses are inevitably recycled, plus current mechanics have already forced superguilds as well as 2 person zombie guilds to form which hurt the social aspects of the game overall.

as a side note- we really need better cards and odds in the current guild shops (beyond spending billions of gold)... i understood the logic behind maintaining rarity and preserving gem spending, but the odds in the gem recruits are just as horrible and discourage people from doing that... could you at least consider removing the 4*s from the gem equation since guild shop and panzer boards alreay have all of them flowing through regularly? even putting those 4*'s (with much better odds) into the pal point raffles to make those palpoints worth something would help.

thanks!
DrRickso

Postby Mumm » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:04 am

DrRickso wrote:playmage- in the future how about we ditch the rarity idea behind what most consider virtually useless boss cards (crap in the arena, cp cost too high, 3x attack isnt all great when hp is the key to the game) and provide one to anyone over 50k? a lot of people dropped serious money at the hopes of getting a glorified trophy card and came up short. almost everyone, winners included feel jipped at the return on their investment this war- and simply changing the structure "next time" might not be enough to retain a lot of the more jaded players. keep in mind that rarity of these cards will be less so when the bosses are inevitably recycled, plus current mechanics have already forced superguilds as well as 2 person zombie guilds to form which hurt the social aspects of the game overall.

as a side note- we really need better cards and odds in the current guild shops (beyond spending billions of gold)... i understood the logic behind maintaining rarity and preserving gem spending, but the odds in the gem recruits are just as horrible and discourage people from doing that... could you at least consider removing the 4*s from the gem equation since guild shop and panzer boards alreay have all of them flowing through regularly? even putting those 4*'s (with much better odds) into the pal point raffles to make those palpoints worth something would help.

thanks!

I really like this idea we currently have two systems here which are easy to fix. Gem recruits and guild wars are broken and honestly keep me from spending anymore money on the game. Just seems wrong to me feeling regret instead of satisfaction when spending money because you weren't lucky enough or your guild lost by just by a bit. The player base will only keep dropping at this rate due to jaded and upset players because of these to systems if not fixed.
Mumm

Postby Midas » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 am

DrRickso wrote: virtually useless boss cards ... a lot of people dropped serious money at the hopes of getting a glorified trophy card

So, is it useless card or it's card that people spend tons of money to get?

All GW Boss cards are the same, so people should already understand that they are getting for their effort.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby fire ice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:42 am

DrRickso wrote:playmage- in the future how about we ditch the rarity idea behind what most consider virtually useless boss cards (crap in the arena, cp cost too high, 3x attack isnt all great when hp is the key to the game) and provide one to anyone over 50k? a lot of people dropped serious money at the hopes of getting a glorified trophy card and came up short. almost everyone, winners included feel jipped at the return on their investment this war- and simply changing the structure "next time" might not be enough to retain a lot of the more jaded players. keep in mind that rarity of these cards will be less so when the bosses are inevitably recycled, plus current mechanics have already forced superguilds as well as 2 person zombie guilds to form which hurt the social aspects of the game overall.

thanks!

I really like this idea. As it is the current ratios for gem recruits and good guild shop cards have discouraged me from buying gems. I shouldn't feel discouraged every time I spend money on your game. I understand there is always going to be some discouragement, but it shouldn't be every time. Instead of keeping cards rare, consistently ad new cards to keep us wanting.
fire ice

Return to Dragon Era Discussion