Guild war card, Have you notice?

Guild war card, Have you notice?

Postby Odin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:08 am

Have any of you notice that guild war boss card has the active skill worse than a common attacker.
Take Gigas, medusa, succubus, vampire, doggy skill as example.
Both x30 attack but gw card make you lose Hp :))
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odin

Re: Guild war card, Have you notice?

Postby Midas » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 pm

But Gigas and Medusa doesn't have such big attack, that then multiplied by 30.
Plus you can use this active to work perfectly with Grim Reaper passive, giving you insane damage and recovery.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby hamate » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:19 pm

actually medusa the jealous, vampire princess and succubus queen ARE better than the boss cards - they have a normal attack of 1500 and their special attacks do 50k damage unboosted

auriel has 1100 attack and lucifer 1500 at level 7, and x30 it comes to 33000 and 45000 and drops your hp to 1
(unless you're using them as leaders and you get further multiplier, but then you get those with medusa, vampire and succubus too, just not as much)

And the boss cards take longer to activate too
hamate

Postby Clos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Yeah my 6* Medusa does more damage than my Bahamut.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Postby Mumm » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:51 pm

I noticed this as well used a friends lucifer for the first time was super disappointing. Since my vampire princess does more damage, has a shorter activate time, and doesn't drop my hp. I'm rather curious what playmage was thinking as a good strat when making these cards because I don't see it.
Mumm

Postby admin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:11 am

You cannot compare level 1 stats as guild war boss cards gains about 2X as much as stats are most other cards each level, and at max level they will have highest overall stats among cards of the same star rarity. Their active skill do have an awkward effect but can easily be remedied with a healer. We went ahead and slightly increased the attack stat for the two weaker bosses (Archwitch and Uriele) to improve their active skill. Also, don't undermine the usefulness of their passive skills, as it's they are highest attack boosts in the game. Even only applying to it's own active skill, you are looking at 90X attack.

In terms of variety, the next guild war boss will have a different active skill as it's it will be a recovery type card (probably something like reduce 75% damage received for 3 turns).
admin
Site Admin

Postby mee » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:34 am

Your kidding ...we already have negate 100% for three turns....why would a weaker skill be advantageous? Especially coming from a boss card...we players will all agree its time for a super healer.
mee

Postby admin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:42 am

mee wrote:Your kidding ...we already have negate 100% for three turns....why would a weaker skill be advantageous? Especially coming from a boss card...we players will all agree its time for a super healer.

It's just an example, we haven't decided no the final stat value for the new boss card or its skill yet. Also, the example reduce all elements instead of negating a single element. There are already plenty of super healer cards out there if you are referring to the auto heal per turn skill, which the boss will not have.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Linyx » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 am

admin wrote:You cannot compare level 1 stats as guild war boss cards gains about 2X as much as stats are most other cards each level, and at max level they will have highest overall stats among cards of the same star rarity. Their active skill do have an awkward effect but can easily be remedied with a healer. We went ahead and slightly increased the attack stat for the two weaker bosses (Archwitch and Uriele) to improve their active skill. Also, don't undermine the usefulness of their passive skills, as it's they are highest attack boosts in the game. Even only applying to it's own active skill, you are looking at 90X attack.

In terms of variety, the next guild war boss will have a different active skill as it's it will be a recovery type card (probably something like reduce 75% damage received for 3 turns).

We undermine the usefulness of the passive skills because it is only helpful for an auto spin team of the 20 energy mines and stomping .5 energy maps(which makes you miss out on cards). Almost all of the later chapters require you to have more hp and make the passive skill just as bad as all of the leader skills in the thread of bad cards. In order for it to be a useful card why not make it an hp stated cards so it won't simply be taking up space in our cards. A great active skill for that could be a 3 turn counter attack so that it doesn't have to eat a leader slot to be useful and wont have a repeat skill that fails next to its 6* version in anything but a leader slot. These are supposed to be hard to come by, personally I think over weighing a skill like 3x attack when most of the game is designed around hp or reduction is like telling us all that a card is good because it rolls big numbers when it doesn't matter. Since it will never get to attack a guild boss and 3x attack(race) is nowhere near as good as 2x atk and hp on a guild boss.
Linyx

Postby Clos » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am

admin wrote:You cannot compare level 1 stats as guild war boss cards gains about 2X as much as stats are most other cards each level, and at max level they will have highest overall stats among cards of the same star rarity. Their active skill do have an awkward effect but can easily be remedied with a healer. We went ahead and slightly increased the attack stat for the two weaker bosses (Archwitch and Uriele) to improve their active skill. Also, don't undermine the usefulness of their passive skills, as it's they are highest attack boosts in the game. Even only applying to it's own active skill, you are looking at 90X attack.

While you are right on the leader skill being good, the cards are not. I take Bahamut for example. Sure the Hp is great, however it is defeated by no recovery. The attack however, maxed out, is still less than my 6* Medusa. So even using it's active skill I would get more damage with medusa. This really is a useless card because it damages my whole team and gives me no more benefit than if I was using medusa.

That's not what I would expect from card that is so rare. For it to be less useful than a 6* card that anyone can make from. PZ. It's also terrible in Arena for a 7*.
Dragon Era: Clos --- Guild: Elite --- Id:a1c697
Clos

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion